Future of East Texas 5A

Mavchamp

We dont wanna drive to Lufkin either. But we gonna do what we gotta do. Although i would like to see Lufkin play MP and THigh. Especially with all the history with THigh. Not any history with MP but could start some.

I don't have a problem with either school and the Pack are used to traveling. I'm just saying that district with them over Whitehouse and Jville, doesn't make sense.

I'm thinking Nac and Lufkin go south. Leaving East Texas with a 9 team district

I am hearing Livingston turned in #s that will drop them down. I don't think they drop us with Livingston going down to 4a. Livingston is the bridge to Bryan/Huntsville/college st. District. It makes nonsense to send us that way now when our closest district oppentent would be 2 hours away.

I think we stick with Whitehouse/jax/lindale

• Like 1

I am hearing Livingston turned in #s that will drop them down. I don't think they drop us with Livingston going down to 4a. Livingston is the bridge to Bryan/Huntsville/college st. District. It makes nonsense to send us that way now when our closest district oppentent would be 2 hours away.

I think we stick with Whitehouse/jax/lindale

Agree.

That puts East Texas 5A in a tight spot for 2 districts with Longview, JT, and LP all going back up.

Texas High

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Mount Pleasant

Sulphur Springs

Whitehouse

Lindale

Jacksonville

Nacogdoches

I don't think UIL will throw us all into one huge district.

But I doubt Ennis and Greenville stay with us.

Probably going to look something like this:

North: Marshall, Texas High, MP, Hallsville , MP, SS

South: Lindale, WH, Jacksonville, Corsicana, Nac

Or.... it's going to look something like it did back a few years ago:

North: Texas High, MP, SS, RC, Greenville (and I would guess Sherman and/or Denison)

South: Marshall, Hallsville, PT, WH, Jax, Nac (maybe Corsicana too)

Question is.... will UIL send LP south like they have been..... and Lee/Longview/JT to the metroplex? I think this seems most likely.

OR do they group LP with the others in Eastx and send them to Dallas too? Sure.... it farther to Dallas than Houston for LP.... BUT they would have 3 East Texas teams right in their backyard that they don't have down south to offset the travels to Dallas. Just a thought.

And just something to kick around..... could they send LP/LEE/JT south with LP? Not likely....but.... well......fun to think about. Even Centex would be interesting. But..... unlikely.

They're not gonna make Lufkin go to Mesquite when it's closer to go to Houston.

I don't think so either.

But I never thought they would put Ennis in an East Texas district either when they are surrounded by other 5A schools in their own backyard.

I don't think so either.

But I never thought they would put Ennis in an East Texas district either when they are surrounded by other 5A schools in their own backyard.

Totally agree. Never say never anymore after the last realignment.

I have a hard time seeing them making 2 5A districts with only 5 teams in each district when 4 will make the playoffs. It's more common to see that in the lower classifications.

That being said I could see them putting MP, Greenville, SS, THigh with Royse City, Sherman, Denison.

Leaving Lindale, WHouse, PT, JVille, Marshall, Hallsville, Nac and maybe Chapel Hill if they go up together.

Totally agree. Never say never anymore after the last realignment.

I have a hard time seeing them making 2 5A districts with only 5 teams in each district when 4 will make the playoffs. It's more common to see that in the lower classifications.

That being said I could see them putting MP, Greenville, SS, THigh with Royse City, Sherman, Denison.

Leaving Lindale, WHouse, PT, JVille, Marshall, Hallsville, Nac and maybe Chapel Hill if they go up together.

Now that we are hearing that lp could be heading 6a...it changes the conversation....i think i30 group will head towards Dallas and leave east Texas in one 7-8 team district.

Nac,lindale,jax,wh,pt,marsh and hallsville-add chapel hill if they come up.

That puts East Texas 5A in a tight spot for 2 districts with Longview, JT, and LP all going back up.

Texas High

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Mount Pleasant

Sulphur Springs

Whitehouse

Lindale

Jacksonville

Nacogdoches

If these are the 10 teams, then its an easy fix. Send Lindale and SS west and you have an 8 team district. Lindale can get to DfW on I20 and SS on I30 with no problem.

I'll never expect Texas High to move up.

Pretty locked in on those 1900 numbers plus Texarkana, Texas only has 37000.

*4A Div I.

You were right on Texarkana, but the size of the town means nothing. Hallsville has more students than Marshall and it only has 4000 residents. All depends on the size of the school district, and the make up of the town. Besides, Lufkin has roughly between 35000-40000 people and if not for Piney Woods Academy there would be nearly 2300 students at Lufkin. Got to remember Nash and Wake Village also attend Texas High.

You were right on Texarkana, but the size of the town means nothing. Hallsville has more students than Marshall and it only has 4000 residents. All depends on the size of the school district, and the make up of the town. Besides, Lufkin has roughly between 35000-40000 people and if not for Piney Woods Academy there would be nearly 2300 students at Lufkin. Got to remember Nash and Wake Village also attend Texas High.

You've got to remember Texarkana has four school districts within the city, all with good programs and facilities. Before Pleasant Grove high school was constructed Texas High would be solid 6-A. Probably with about 2700 students. That is the only reason THS went down in the first place. Also, why every school has its own stadium instead on one, like in most schools in this district. For a city of 70,000 to have four high schools and as good as they are only shows how much talent resides in that city. And then we'll talk about baseball another day.

You've got to remember Texarkana has four school districts within the city, all with good programs and facilities. Before Pleasant Grove high school was constructed Texas High would be solid 6-A. Probably with about 2700 students. That is the only reason THS went down in the first place. Also, why every school has its own stadium instead on one, like in most schools in this district. For a city of 70,000 to have four high schools and as good as they are only shows how much talent resides in that city. And then we'll talk about baseball another day.

Similar issue as Longview except on a smaller scale.

I so totally enjoyed your company the laat 2 years! Why wouldn't you be welcome around here anytime?

Will second this. Definitely enjoyed conversing with you these past two seasons Greenville! Definitely will be keeping an eye on your Lions from here on out.

• Like 1