MavGrad's Week 10 Preview

Coach Rab

REGIONAL

#2 Baylor at Kansas State 6:30 (thursday) FOX S1

Baylor has been in their groove all season and Kansas St has fallen in a funk. Playing Baylor won't help them out of it... Bears by 30.

#5 TCU at #12 Oklahoma State 2:30 FOX

This will be a test for TCU. Oklahoma St can and will score on TCU, but TCU has powered through all kinds of obstacles this year. I think they can continue it. TCU wins by a TD.

Iowa State at #14 Oklahoma 6:00 ESPN U

I don't take a lot from Iowa St's win over the Longhorns. I expect OU to beat ISU slightly less than they did Kansas last week. Sooners by 35.

Auburn at #25 Texas A&M 6:30 SEC Network

Texas A&M should look a lot better this week than they did last week. Auburn just isn't that great. Aggies by 24.

#4 LSU at #7 Alabama 7:00 CBS

The one thing that irks me about this game is that I have to listen to the CBS guys. If i stream it from the radio at the same time, I find out what happens 10 seconds quicker than I see it... just cant do it lol... Anyways, you guys know who I pick, but I will list what LSU needs to do. They need to keep Derek Henry to less than 120 yards, and not let Coker have all day to throw. Ole Miss really disrupted him and LSU needs to do the same. Fournette needs at least 140 yards and 2 TDs and Harris will have to keep his passing at about 200 yards and 0 INTs. I think the 2 WRs for LSU are better than the Bama corners and this will be a game that they will have to prove that. LSU will need to complete some 10-15 yard passes to keep some of those linebackers out of the box and the safeties back some... with all of that said... LSU by 3.

Kansas at Texas 7:00 LHN

Texas catches a break in their schedule before their crucial final games for their bowl bid... Horns by 20.

NATIONAL

DUKE at #21 North Carolina 11:00 ESPN

I am a little upset about Duke. 1st, they were completely jobbed out of the win last week. 2nd, the AP dropped them out of the top 25 for the refs blowing it? Give me a freaking break AP... actually watch a damned game. Duke wins this one by a TD.

#17 Florida State at #3 Clemson 2:30 ABC

The only game that actually matters in the ACC this year. Clemson is clearly the best team in the conference. They seem to know how to get to FSU and for once they are clearly the better team... This one won't be pretty. Clemson by 20.

KSU gets a decent QB back for tonight. Any chance they make it interesting?

Should be dry and a cool night. I don't see it happening, but KSU normally always gets one when people count them out.

I will also never bet on a Thursday night game. They are always insane.

I think Mayfield and Boykin are going to give Baylors defense fits. If OU can run it like KSU is, we have the QB and WR to open it up in the air.

Still not confident we'd out score them.

If the K State game is any indication it may be Perine and Green that Baylor's defense needs to be most concerned about.

If the K State game is any indication it may be Perine and Green that Baylor's defense needs to be most concerned about.

Stidham looked great though... He will be the best Baylor QB to ever go through that program. He can make the throws as a true freshman and they barely used his legs...

Stidham looked great though... He will be the best Baylor QB to ever go through that program. He can make the throws as a true freshman and they barely used his legs...

He really made maybe 4-5 good throws. The rest was the WRs. Don't let the stat line fool you.

BTW I've decided I'm all aboard the "passes behind the LOS should count as rushing yards" train.

As for OU/Baylor, I still think they beat us. We will lose the turnover battle and Perine/Mixon will have the same number of carries as Mayfield.

He really made maybe 4-5 good throws. The rest was the WRs. Don't let the stat line fool you.

BTW I've decided I'm all aboard the "passes behind the LOS should count as rushing yards" train.

As for OU/Baylor, I still think they beat us. We will lose the turnover battle and Perine/Mixon will have the same number of carries as Mayfield.

Is that a serious comment? Were you watching the game drunk?

As for BU/OU, there is 0.0 chance OU stops BU's offense. OU couldn't stop BU's mini me, Tulsa. As confident as I am that we will score at will against OU, I am equally as confident that OU will run wild against BU. Billings still looks hurt and our linebacker play is horrendous.

I agree, he has the potential to be great. Zero picks & 400+ yards against the wizard in Manhattan in his first start isn't shabby.

I saw about 8, but there were 4 or 5 where he dropped the ball on a dime on some deep balls... you wont find many true freshmen that can do that.

• Like 1

I saw about 8, but there were 4 or 5 where he dropped the ball on a dime on some deep balls... you wont find many true freshmen that can do that.

Having a talent WR run wide open under those deep balls helps too.

His 40 yarder to Cannon in the 4th was money. There were plenty of miss reads and forced throws too though. I'm not saying he had a bad game. 400 yards is 400 yards. But considering the circumstances, it's foolish to give him anymore hype than Kenny "Trill" after throwing for 500+ on South Carolina not long ago.

Is that a serious comment? Were you watching the game drunk?

As for BU/OU, there is 0.0 chance OU stops BU's offense. OU couldn't stop BU's mini me, Tulsa. As confident as I am that we will score at will against OU, I am equally as confident that OU will run wild against BU. Billings still looks hurt and our linebacker play is horrendous.

We have a better chance of holding Baylor to 31 than KSU did. The Tulsa game was a fluke. I've already discussed it in detail with you on other threads. I still think Baylor wins by two scores at least.

Having a talent WR run wide open under those deep balls helps too.

His 40 yarder to Cannon in the 4th was money. There were plenty of miss reads and forced throws too though. I'm not saying he had a bad game. 400 yards is 400 yards. But considering the circumstances, it's foolish to give him anymore hype than Kenny "Trill" after throwing for 500+ on South Carolina not long ago.

I was just impressed that he did it as a true freshman... sure there were some bad plays and a few bad reads, but not anymore than you would get from any other QB in the nation... I didn't expect 400 yards... even with all of the bubble screens that these teams run.

I was just impressed that he did it as a true freshman... sure there were some bad plays and a few bad reads, but not anymore than you would get from any other QB in the nation... I didn't expect 400 yards... even with all of the bubble screens that these teams run.

Yeah he won't crash the car.