jakeelee

Lindale Vs. Marshall  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lindale in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lindale in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Seems like Lindale is a team that plays to their opponents. Play the big boys tough and barely beats some of the weaker teams. That should tell you this should be a close game. Game is on turf so I give Marshall a slight edge. If we dont play to our potential we will lose. Because I know Lindale will be amped just being in the playoffs.

The Mavs are coming off of a 39-0 win over Sulphur Springs to claim their first district title since 2005, sharing the top spot with Longview and Texas High.

The Eagles are coming off of a 41-25 win over Whitehouse.

----------

Marshall enters the game (9-1, 6-1) while the Eagles are (5-5, 3-4).

The game is set for 1PM Saturday at Pine Tree Stadium.

----------

Marshall had the #1 offense in 15-5A, totalling 4,528 yards on the season.

The Mavs have piled up 2,941 Rushing yards on the season.

They have also totaled 1,587 yards passing.

They have scored 437 points this season for an average of 43.7 per game.

They are lead by Cameron Haller with 1,518 yards with 25 touchdowns.

Chavis Mills has also ran for 994 yards with 15 touchdowns.

WR J Dabbs has 34 catches for 710 yards and 7 touchdowns.

WR Trel Patton has racked up over 600 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Against SS, Haller also added 103 yards passing, going 7-11 for 103 yards, sharing duties with Cortez Hurd at the QB position.

----------

The Maverick Defense was ranked #3 in 15-5A behind Longview and Texas High.

The Marshall defense held SS to 96 total yards and held both Mount Pleasant and SS scoreless in the previous 2 games.

They have surrendered 3,046 total yards on the season.

Opponents have gained 1,993 yards rushing this season.

Opponents have gained 1,053 passing.

Marshall has given up 168 points for an average of 16.8 per game.

The Mavs have outscored their opponents 437-168 this season en route to their 9-1 record.

DID YOU KNOW?

This will be the first ever meeting between Marshall and Lindale on the gridiron?

Lindale is the Eagles not the wildcats and mav01, Lindale has a turf field, so no advantage for Marshall in that aspect. Should be a good game though. I did not realize we have never played yall before. Thats pretty cool

Corrected. Sorry.....still had SS on my brain.

I'm expecting a TOUGH game. Lindale played LP and Ennis close..... and had JT on the ropes for a bit too.

There aren't many teams in East Texas that Marshall doesn't have at least SOME history with in the last 100+ seasons. Hard to believe this will be the first time.

We almost had a meeting a few years back..... (2008 or 2009) but I think Jacksonville threw a wrench into that.... because I remember being in MP for our game scoreboard watching yall's game on my phone. But we ended up playing Kilgore instead.

PT is a GREAT stadium. I think we are the home team. Plenty of seating..... but the visitor's side is tight if a team travels well.

Parking and traffic into the stadium is atrocious though.

Lindale is the Eagles not the wildcats and mav01, Lindale has a turf field, so no advantage for Marshall in that aspect. Should be a good game though. I did not realize we have never played yall before. Thats pretty cool

Wasnt implying Lindale didnt have turf. If you watch our 2 games on wet grass and mud and compare it to how we run on turf, you will understand. We run side to side from shotgun and hit the cutbacks hard. We couldnt do anything in the mud. Our 2 rbs have very very strong legs and its huge having a field that wont come out from under them.

BTW, all of our games this year are on utube. Search kmht radio.

Excited about this being a Saturday afternoon game. Feels like old times.....lol.

I remember when Playoffs we almost exclusively on Saturdays..... before all the brackets got so big.

This will be our first Saturday afternoon playoff game since 2009 (Vs. Denison).

Texas High and McKinney Boyd in 2007 were both on Saturday afternoons.

Other than these 3..... all the rest have been Friday night games.

Hoping for nice weather....... being rained on the last 3 weeks hasn't been fun.

Very strong defense. RB Ryan Taylor is a beast and Tayton Williams is pretty awsome too. Kicker Jordan Lawless is just about the best I've seen

Something similar to this.

I went to the Ennis/Lindale game this year. When I got there, I saw Jordan Lawless doing his pre-game kicking. He was hitting FGs from 50+ (I think the longest I saw him hit was 52 or 53 yards). Of course, that's with no rush, but still. I think he probably missed two or three of them, but he kicked something like 12 total. That's a weapon. Especially if it's late in the game and you need a game-winning FG or a FG to push a game to OT.

Stout front 7 on defense. They held our normally stout run game to under 200 yards. In District, JT was the only other team we played that did that. I can't comment much on their RB, since Lindale had trouble moving the ball against us, only gaining 60 yards on 26 attempts. But our run defense has been pretty good, stats-wise, this season, too. Heck, we even held JT to under 150 yards on the ground.

So yeah, I think Lindale has a good shot vs Marshall. Might be a closer game than some might realize.

I think it might end up being a 20-17 game, something like that. It wouldn't surprise me.

I think for the most part everybody that is familiar with these two teams knows it should be a battle Saturday. And of course fans from each side believe their team will come out on top. I can see a 28-27 or 28-24 type of game that isnt over until the last second. The biggest factor in my opinion other than turnovers will be who can establish their running game. I dont see either team being overly successful passing the ball.

From the MNM's post game interview about the SS win:

MNM: You've got Lindale next. What do you expect from the Eagles?

Clint Harper: They're a great football team. Coach (Mike) Meador does a great job. He's been there for a long time at Lindale. He's really done a great job with that program. Their numbers have never been real high. IN fact they've been at 4A for a couple years and then they got bumped up. To play in that district with the kids they've got at the school that just kind of shows you how well they're coached. One of their defensive coaches, Joe Ryzman, coached with me at Troup. Joe is a great football coach. He was coaching at Troup when they made it to the state championship or the state semifinals so they've got a lot of good coaches over there. They play extremely hard and they really could have finished second in that district. They went for a field goal against Lufkin, a 40-yard field goal at Lufkin, it hits the upright and they miss it and lose. The next week against Nac, Nac beats them on a two-point play and beats them with no time left. Then they lose to Ennis on a Hail Mary with no time left. Those are very good teams and they're a really, really good football team. They've played a lot of close games and we expect this one to be a close game.