5A DI R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-2) vs Lufkin Panthers (7-3)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

I remember standing on the field right before a kickoff and I couldn't even hear somebody 5 yards away. I thought how in the heck do they hear when its 80,000 plus at some of these venues. I would say that was my greateast win a Panther but curb stomping Katy in Lufkin my JR year tops the cake

I remember th at. There were so many people there, but I quickly shook that off cause we had a game to play. What position did you play?

And wasn't the Katy game at the Astrodome? For some reason, I remember it being in Houston. Sadly, they went on to win state and most of our district was 1 and done that year.

I remember th at. There were so many people there, but I quickly shook that off cause we had a game to play. What position did you play?

And wasn't the Katy game at the Astrodome? For some reason, I remember it being in Houston. Sadly, they went on to win state and most of our district was 1 and done that year.

02 game was at Pridgeon I think and the 03 game was at Abe. Both blowout wins for Lufkin.

If Lufkin gets offense first....look for the bomb first play! And....If Lufkin has the ball going into halftime...look for the bomb to the endzone! How many times have we been burned on these by Lufkin?!!! Hopefully, history will not repeat itself! If we can cover the big plays over the top.....Lobos win! Go LOBOS!

I played LB and the curb stomping im talking about of Katy was in Lufkin.

I just hope offensively we stick to what we're good at....running the ball. The games we struggled the most this year, Lufkin and Marshall, we came out throwing the football. Matter of fact, those are the only two games (don't know the Byrd stats) we threw the ball 20+ times. One was a 1 point win, the other a loss. I don't believe that's coincidence.

I just hope offensively we stick to what we're good at....running the ball. The games we struggled the most this year, Lufkin and Marshall, we came out throwing the football. Matter of fact, those are the only two games (don't know the Byrd stats) we threw the ball 20+ times. One was a 1 point win, the other a loss. I don't believe that's coincidence.

Give the Lufkin D some credit in that game though. Lv still ran the ball 49 or 50 times. I think Hayden said that was the most this season by them. I'm sure 07 will correct me if its not.

If Lufkin gets offense first....look for the bomb first play! And....If Lufkin has the ball going into halftime...look for the bomb to the endzone! How many times have we been burned on these by Lufkin?!!! Hopefully, history will not repeat itself! If we can cover the big plays over the top.....Lobos win! Go LOBOS!

This! If not deep ball at end of half its special teams. Keke did it in first game last year then beat us deep a few times in playoff game. They ran a punt back at end of first half in first game this year. Punt the ball out of bounds!!

• Like 1

Give the Lufkin D some credit in that game though. Lv still ran the ball 49 or 50 times. I think Hayden said that was the most this season by them. I'm sure 07 will correct me if its not.

Yes, they ran the ball 49 times, which was the most this season. But not by much. There were a few other games where we ran the ball anywhere from 40-49 times, the next most being 48, which was against JT. But it wasn't running the ball that was the problem. We still ran for 284 yards in the game against Lufkin. Despite how much talk there was early in the season about how good our QB is, how much of a dual threat he is, etc, we cannot throw the ball. We threw 20 passes in the game against Lufkin, completing only 7 of them, and throwing 2 picks. The more we throw the ball, the more likely we are to lose.

We threw 20 against Greenville (21) as well.

Oh please 07.... You say the same thing every year about how coaching limits how far this team will go.... And be honest, this years team gives you no reason to think 4 rounds is likely! If you think differently then why?

Go home. You're drunk.

You threw it 15 times against Hallsville, but won by like 90. If the defense is playing well, you may have to throw it or punt.

I think against Mesquite Horn in 2004, we threw it only like 3 times and completed 0, but we won the game 42-14 behind a 9 carry, 269 yard, 4TD performance by Vondrell McGee.

I think against Mesquite Horn in 2004, we threw it only like 3 times and completed 0, but we won the game 42-14 behind a 9 carry, 269 yard, 4TD performance by Vondrell McGee.

1-5-0 that Horn game.

That was an awful awful rain game, uck.

1-5-0 that Horn game.

That was an awful awful rain game, uck.

Thanks for checking. Looks like I underestimated a bit haha. I'd have rather thrown 0 times. We didn't need to, and oh man was it fun to run the ball, especially with Big Trent Williams on the line and two eventual NFL-caliber backs in the backfield.