5A DI R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-2) vs Lufkin Panthers (7-3)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Hopefully, you'll be on the lobo side. Be safe traveling everyone. Hopefully, neither team has injuries tomorrow. Lp!!

welp...sumbdys pride is gonna get injured. To early for a game like this to be played. Bi-district is always pose to be winnable. I don't know wat to call this...

Pack007

Listen up, real talk here. I didn't think Lake Travis had a chance against our speed and the ability to execute. When I arrived that 1st series against them I sized those boys up. They didn't look like they had anything I just knew we would close the deal--but once I saw them on def/off I said to myself, "DANG-it! These boys know how to stay in their lanes and let the play come to them. You don't need speed for that, now its become a mental game. They flat out-thinked our whole squad and coaching staff and they stuck to the game plan of fundamental football and man did it work. I was looking for them to take long deep shots, but why, when you don't have the speed to run by our coners so crossing routes, 10yard pot shots, throwing on the back of receivers killed us. And again I said, you don't need speed for that; just a good O-line and a accurate QB who is good as a duel threat. LP has what it takes LGV has what it takes if you can incorporate the mental aspect of any game. That's been proven! I was the guy thinking that with our speed and stable of countless RB we would have Lake Travis guessing for days to come; boy was I wrong. After watching LGV and LP both teams seem to be all over the place at times and you want to yell and tell them to settle down because they are good at outhinking themselves into destruction. Another reason I don't believe its talent because look how many players we have in the NFL even though we are just a spot on the map not to mention those that don't make it but really never got the exposure maybe due to screw-ups or just playing JUCO ball without being able to go D1. Coach King is a good coach although I don't always agree with his play-calling, time management, personnel changes, and his in-ability to have a killer instinct when a game is on the line. If I could change one thing about him it would be his ability to get into these kids head but that's nearly impossible when dealing with the hand you've been dealt.

I sure hope so last time I went to a Longview /Lufkin playoff game was at Sfa. I still to this day think that was the most anticipated and electric atmosphere.

I remember standing on the field right before a kickoff and I couldn't even hear somebody 5 yards away. I thought how in the heck do they hear when its 80,000 plus at some of these venues. I would say that was my greateast win a Panther but curb stomping Katy in Lufkin my JR year tops the cake

Games should be on Saturday for all involved. This time of year for many reasons! Playing in Desoto for Longview or Lufkin will cut crowd by 20-30 %.....to have people drive that far after work then bsck just isn't the right thing to do for all involved....just my opinion but I would have gone on a sat at 2 but not taking my kids that far and late on a Friday ! Just reduculous !

Games should be on Saturday for all involved. This time of year for many reasons! Playing in Desoto for Longview or Lufkin will cut crowd by 20-30 %.....to have people drive that far after work then bsck just isn't the right thing to do for all involved....just my opinion but I would have gone on a sat at 2 but not taking my kids that far and late on a Friday ! Just reduculous !