Pewitt vs Winona round 1

brahmas1

Respect?? It's earned not given, whynona, hasn't earned it, Pewitt has!!! Way too early for people to talk about respect and Whynona in the same sentence!!

PP has not one ounce of respect from me... So where where you going with this argument past years don't matter.

Ouch. How about talking about what Winona does that gives them an advantage. Pewitt is a completely different team that you are comparing them too against Arp. They are a power running team out of the spread. Do a great job on defense. That formula tends to win games.

As is Arp. Is it to hard to believe that Arp has improved just as much?

I'll tell yall right now that WINona isn't a bunch of whiners. Winona has unbelievable speed and outstanding coordinators on both sides of the ball. They game plan the hell out of games and lay the hat something vicious. PP's RB's better keep their head on a swivel running towards Winona's 2 MLB's #23 and #24. Both have 100+ tackles and aren't scared to break their own neck to make a tackle. The defense is just hard nosed and balanced and the heart of the team. As for offense, they will shove it down your throat with big, fast, physical backs. Give me Winona 30 PP 14

Respect?? It's earned not given, whynona, hasn't earned it, Pewitt has!!! Way too early for people to talk about respect and Whynona in the same sentence!!

What has Winona done to earn respect??! Try having a 1-9 record and flipping it around to a 7-3 record and having the best record that their High School has seen in 22 years. I think the boys from WINona have earned some respect.

Well buddy they have beaten Arp who shut out Paul Pewit. Excuses and what ever you have to say Pewit still got beat 20-0. Just because teams like Winona kept their kids out of trouble and on the field to have a good year doesn't give you the right to talk down to them. Last time I checked Hughes Springs couldn't say that.

Listen, I'm not sure if you understood what I said,, but HOW did I talk down to anyone? You said respect and I said why?

And your rationale, WR beat Arp! HS beat Arp!

As far as the low blow of bringing up kids being in trouble, seems you're the guy that's talking down. If you can't handle a little smack talk without going below the belt, we can just not do anymore back and forth!!

What has Winona done to earn respect??! Try having a 1-9 record and flipping it around to a 7-3 record and having the best record that their High School has seen in 22 years. I think the boys from WINona have earned some respect.

That's all I needed to know! Just wanted a little information on them!! That's a good turnaround!! Kudos!!

I'm pulling for Pewitt in this one. I'm a Hughes Springs fan and I do respect Winona for how they have played this year. As for all the childish comments I've been hearing and have seen being posted the coaches took care of the situation and took the steps needed to alleviate the problem. I can guarantee you that's more than some places have. There are lots of things coaches take care of behind the scenes also. Good luck to Pewitt and Winona. I care about all kids from all programs, it's some fans that chap my hide.

I'm pulling for Pewitt in this one. I'm a Hughes Springs fan and I do respect Winona for how they have played this year. As for all the childish comments I've been hearing and have seen being posted the coaches took care of the situation and took the steps needed to alleviate the problem. I can guarantee you that's more than some places have. There are lots of things coaches take care of behind the scenes also. Good luck to Pewitt and Winona. I care about all kids from all programs, it's some fans that chap my hide.

Absolutely. The reason to have rules and enforce them in high school. It's to try to keep kids out of jail when they are adults. Football should be more than about winning and losing.

You know the team that beat Arp who lost to Winona but beat Arp who Pewitt destroyed. So Pewitt is suppose to lose to Winona who beat Arp but Hughes Springs beat Arp as well and then lost big to Hooks and Pewitt so therefore District 8 is Sooooo much better than District 7. Get it?

You know the team that beat Arp who lost to Winona but beat Arp who Pewitt destroyed. So Pewitt is suppose to lose to Winona who beat Arp but Hughes Springs beat Arp as well and then lost big to Hooks and Hughes Springs so therefore District 8 is Sooooo much better than District 7. Get it?

And he pretends Hughes Springs still had the same kids that played Arp and he knows nothing about the offensive changes made in Arp which made them better. Winona beat Arp after they made the offensive change #1. Arp is unbeaten since making offensive change #2&3. Got it. Winona has a better team than Pewit all the way around. Size, speed and the staff to accompany it. Got it. PP won in a horrible district that is about to either get swept or go 1-3 in the playoffs. Im thinking 0-4 is the outcome.

Got it

Good

• Like 1

And he pretends Hughes Springs still had the same kids that played Arp and he knows nothing about the offensive changes made in Arp which made them better. Winona beat Arp after they made the offensive change #1. Arp is unbeaten since making offensive change #2&3. Got it. Winona has a better team than Pewit all the way around. Size, speed and the staff to accompany it. Got it. PP won in a horrible district that is about to either get swept or go 1-3 in the playoffs. Im thinking 0-4 is the outcome.

Got it

Good

Well, I am probably not as old as you or coached as long as you, but the fact Pewitt learned a new offense and defense that quick is remarkable. Pewitt by 2 td's. Write it down.

Got it?

• Like 1