Pewitt vs Winona round 1

brahmas1

This post goes to all seniors. This week could be your last week of high school football. This could be the last time you put on your shoulder pads and helmet. So enjoy every second of this week, enjoy every second of that after school practice,enjoy that hype that builds up the entire week till game day. When game day comes leave everything out on that field. Push yourself to be better than you're opponent on every play. Make the coaches pull you too the sideline for a breather. Stand tall every play and never show weakness. After every play show your character and help the other player up. Leave that field with no regrets. Leave that field knowing you played your greatest. Tell this to yourself and to your team, how bad do you want it?

Always be proud to be a Paul Pewitt Brahma

• Like 4

This post goes to all seniors. This week could be your last week of high school football. This could be the last time you put on your shoulder pads and helmet. So enjoy every second of this week, enjoy every second of that after school practice,enjoy that hype that builds up the entire week till game day. When game day comes leave everything out on that field. Push yourself to be better than you're opponent on every play. Make the coaches pull you too the sideline for a breather. Stand tall every play and never show weakness. After every play show your character and help the other player up. Leave that field with no regrets. Leave that field knowing you played your greatest. Tell this to yourself and to your team, how bad do you want it?

Always be proud to be a Paul Pewitt Brahma

great post
  • Like 1

You said Winona would score 36. That's more than Waskom and almost as much as Mineola's 42. No one else has come close. And you say I'm lying to myself? I just asked a simple question.

My opinion, take it for what it is worth, is that many people on here aren't giving a good football team much credit due to the past. I saw many do the same to Waskom last year and look how that ended. Good luck this week buddy, you guys have earned every right to be proud of your boys. I'm not much of a smack talker. Gave it shot but it's just not my nature so best wishes.

I agree about not giving them credit. Pewitt is proud of its playoff history. It's not as impressive with four teams going as it was with one or two teams did. I do think that it will cause Winona to be nervous where Pewitt will be used to it. That affects the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes. What team adjusts to it will win.

In response to the above post-

To all my Winona boys out there, I offer a simple question. What means the world to you? Because this football thing- this team, this season, that 'W'- thats what means the world to me. I would give anything down to my last breath for any of you. Its been a long hard road to get to this point... A place everyone said was impossible for this team to get to. But here you are. No team has worked harder... No team has come farther... No group deserves success more than this group right here. Its your time. Remember- someone that is willing to sacrifice anything and everything to achieve a goal cannot be denied. Give everything for your brothers and for that 'W' on your helmet.

ALL IN. TOGETHER. UNBEATABLE.

• Like 1

I agree about not giving them credit. Pewitt is proud of its playoff history. It's not as impressive with four teams going as it was with one or two teams did. I do think that it will cause Winona to be nervous where Pewitt will be used to it. That affects the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes. What team adjusts to it will win.

Your right about that. The district was like watching playoff games every week for us.

In response to the above post-

To all my Winona boys out there, I offer a simple question. What means the world to you? Because this football thing- this team, this season, that 'W'- thats what means the world to me. I would give anything down to my last breath for any of you. Its been a long hard road to get to this point... A place everyone said was impossible for this team to get to. But here you are. No team has worked harder... No team has come farther... No group deserves success more than this group right here. Its your time. Remember- someone that is willing to sacrifice anything and everything to achieve a goal cannot be denied. Give everything for your brothers and for that 'W' on your helmet.

ALL IN. TOGETHER. UNBEATABLE.

Fixed it. ;)

aragorn not this day_Winona.jpg

Please, Pewitt Srs. will be at the field house Saturday morning getting ready for round 2. All this sappy stuff is for the birds. Can tell me got a couple of dads and some players on here. TJC you are a fool for comparing Waskom 14 to Winona 15.

#1 will not even try and out run you, he is going through you. Walked in weight room last summer. He is the strongest by far and some of those cats are real strong. Enjoy your week Winona, it ends soon.

Oh Lombardi, where are you?

Please, Pewitt Srs. will be at the field house Saturday morning getting ready for round 2. All this sappy stuff is for the birds. Can tell me got a couple of dads and some players on here. TJC you are a fool for comparing Waskom 14 to Winona 15.

#1 will not even try and out run you, he is going through you. Walked in weight room last summer. He is the strongest by far and some of those cats are real strong. Enjoy your week Winona, it ends soon.

Wrong. You think that stuff intimidates anyone from Winona? No way. You're losing this game. When its over I'm gonna come back on here and tell you about it. Do you think Pewitt is the only school in Texas with a weight room and a summer workout program? Only place with access to supplements? Get real. How smug and foolish can you be? #1 aint running over anything over on this side. He'll be doing good to finish the game with positive yardage. Then its on to Leonard or Alba for us.

To the guy that said something about playoff experience- your kids were in middle school the last time Pewitt made it out of the 1st round. Hardly something to come on the internet beating your chest about. That vast experience won't make a difference one way or the other.

And just recently for the past three years had been the only times pewitt had been beat out the first round

Right. Back a little further, Pewitt's record is impressive. But it hasn't been in these kid's career. Will have very little effect on this game, if any.

boy I would love to see #1 try run over #51 or #24 from Winona. Sparks might fly

May I ask you to post where I compared them other than being an overlooked team due to past. Once again you boys like streeeetch the truth. Still trying to wrap my mind around yalls purpose in that. Its not like everyone wont look back and see it.