Pewitt vs Winona round 1

brahmas1

Get some matches!

Oh yeah? Since they put up 16 last week on that 1975 Steelers defense that Hooks has? Riiiiight. I'm sure you'll be there rooting them on and praying they do after Arp ends your season Thursday. Get your brooms out fellas.

Texas 98. I already no the word excuses will be shouted all the way to Shreveport, but I'm going to say it anyway. Pewitt has been running Wing/Slot T since ole Dubya's daddy was in office. Going from that to spread is tough. Quite frankly I didn't think we'd be anything for a couple of seasons. First up Arp. 20-0. D allowed 12 points. Other came from a bothched special teams play. Half the snaps were off. Shotgun is tough when your new to it. He's doing great now though. Waskom. Again offense still learning the hole spread thing. D allowed Waskoms fewest points of the year. One TD came when the D wasn't on the field. Now that's not Waskoms fault and smart to capitalize on it. Brain #### on us. Now to Winona. Personally I don't know much about them. I did look up the season and seen where they beat Hawkins by a whopping 2 points. What really caught my eye was that Ore City put a 4O burger on them. Everyone keeps going back to the first two games. I don't know if people are unaware of the coaching change and the 180 on the offense.

Texas 98. I already no the word excuses will be shouted all the way to Shreveport, but I'm going to say it anyway. Pewitt has been running Wing/Slot T since ole Dubya's daddy was in office. Going from that to spread is tough. Quite frankly I didn't think we'd be anything for a couple of seasons. First up Arp. 20-0. D allowed 12 points. Other came from a bothched special teams play. Half the snaps were off. Shotgun is tough when your new to it. He's doing great now though. Waskom. Again offense still learning the hole spread thing. D allowed Waskoms fewest points of the year. One TD came when the D wasn't on the field. Now that's not Waskoms fault and smart to capitalize on it. Brain #### on us. Now to Winona. Personally I don't know much about them. I did look up the season and seen where they beat Hawkins by a whopping 2 points. What really caught my eye was that Ore City put a 4O burger on them. Everyone keeps going back to the first two games. I don't know if people are unaware of the coaching change and the 180 on the offense.

Good post. I understand what you're saying. Y'all took some lumps earlier in the season and we did too. I'm not gonna try to explain away the Hawkins and OC games- we played badly in those games. But like PP, thats not who we are now. Its hard to gauge how good Paul Pewitt really is for me because I do feel that district is down. Between PP and Hooks, the only good teams they played in district were each other. It seems our teams are very similar to me... Spread offenses, solid but not flashy on O, both rely on very salty defenses somewhat that are strong and hard hitting. Just solid, efficient football teams. Could be something of a mirror match. If so, the team that takes care of the football the best and makes the fewest mistakes will take the win.

• Like 1

Smh, sounds like district 7 should just forfeit all games, just cause district 8 says so. Cause its obvious that district 8 is the only district that believes in their teams. The rest of us are fackers!! Smh, sorry we believe in our boys, didn't realize we weren't allowed to do that. Thanks for the clarification!!

• Like 1

Okay, so REFUTE away. Waiting on you.

. Don't see PP taking Waskom down in any round any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I actually pulled for PP last year in their one playoff game. They hit hard and the coach did a phenomenal job of getting that team through the season. Surprised they managed to win in the spread this year. Good defense does help. Which is why I am refuting your earlier post. PP offense would still struggle to score on Waskom. IMO of course.
  • Like 1

And looks like we held Waskom to only 30 points, Winona gave up 59 with a spread of 38 that's the truth, all looks pretty close or does it?

Holding Waskom to 30, you guys should at least get a "colsolation trophy" at the end for that accomplishment. But in all actuality, I think it's the "goose egg" on the other end of that score that gets most of the attention!! ;)

Holding Waskom to 30, you guys should at least get a "colsolation trophy" at the end for that accomplishment. But in all actuality, I think it's the "goose egg" on the other end of that score that gets most of the attention!! ;)

Enjoy the ride, because it can end quickly.