Arp vs Hooks

Tjc8525

for arp to have a chance in this game they have to eliminate the mistakes. If they do that then they have a chance to keep it close for a victory.

That is very true. They went through some injuries for a few weeks, but looked like they had almost everyone back Friday. Me personaly I think Arp will have to stay physical offensively. Their big backs will have to contunue to be work horses early to wear the Hooks defense down. Hooks has a few kids that play very physical game as well defensively. I honestly think if Arp is within 7 points going into the 4th qtr the physical offensive threat they have will give the edge they need to turn the speed loose and score. If Hooks can maintain and keep up with the physical attack of Arp for 4 qtrs Hooks will most likely win. Biggest mismatch is Arps #3 and Arps #5 vs Hooks defense. #3 torched Hooks last year with pure speed. He's much faster this year. I expect a great game that could go either way. By the numbers Hooks is expected to win and deservingly so. This will be Arps 4th game in the new offense. I'll be curious how much they open it up. Last week it showed great balance in the air and on the groud.

Old coaches honest opinion Hooks should be a solid 10 point favorite.

That is very true. They went through some injuries for a few weeks, but looked like they had almost everyone back Friday. Me personaly I think Arp will have to stay physical offensively. Their big backs will have to contunue to be work horses early to wear the Hooks defense down. Hooks has a few kids that play very physical game as well defensively. I honestly think if Arp is within 7 points going into the 4th qtr the physical offensive threat they have will give the edge they need to turn the speed loose and score. If Hooks can maintain and keep up with the physical attack of Arp for 4 qtrs Hooks will most likely win. Biggest mismatch is Arps #3 and Arps #5 vs Hooks defense. #3 torched Hooks last year with pure speed. He's much faster this year. I expect a great game that could go either way. By the numbers Hooks is expected to win and deservingly so. This will be Arps 4th game in the new offense. I'll be curious how much they open it up. Last week it showed great balance in the air and on the groud.

Old coaches honest opinion Hooks should be a solid 10 point favorite.

I was at the game last year don't remember a #3 doing anything. #7 was Arps workhorse that we couldn't stop. Our defense is as fast as anyone on Arp. We can keep them contained.

Ok again that was two plays the first one he made yards because the defense was worried about #7 and everyone bit on the play fake and the other the d linemen didn't stay in their lanes and opened up the middle. Still doesn't mean ####. We are a much different team from last year way more disciplined and these players are hungry. If #3 and #5 is all Arp has then they could be in for a long night

Ok again that was two plays the first one he made yards because the defense was worried about #7 and everyone bit on the play fake and the other the d linemen didn't stay in their lanes and opened up the middle. Still doesn't mean ####. We are a much different team from last year way more disciplined and these players are hungry. If #3 and #5 is all Arp has then they could be in for a long night

Then you may be right. But, Not even Waskom and Franklin stopped #3 for the entire game. He's fast! Should be a fun game to watch these 2 great staffs play ball.

Yeah. He was the smu kick returner and special teams player on kickoff . Hurt his calf an missed a few games and they eventually put a medical redshirt tag on him. So he still has his 4 years of eligibility.

wow thats awesome. Medlock is only a jr but I was told that the reason he was moved to RB was schools was interested in him as a RB. SMU seems to be the most intetested. He's a bright kid so I'm sure he will do good in school.

Then you may be right. But, Not even Waskom and Franklin stopped #3 for the entire game. He's fast! Should be a fun game to watch these 2 great staffs play ball.

I agree this will be a fun game. Again I think the Hooks kids are hungry and I think we may have more weapons. This will be a fun game to watch

I love how everbody talks about Arp speed. I guess Hooks is slow?? Hooks has as much speed, if not more than anybody, except maybe Waskom.

good morning, Arp traditionally has had some speedy kids. I think Arp's physical offensive approach is the thing to watch more than their speed. They have some speed yes, I'd say 4-5 kids who can score from 70-80 yards out and have. But with Arp having 5 ball carriers with the avg size of 6' 190 on the field Arp plays physical football and that is what has helped Arp turn the corner. They have 1 smaller back thats a quick kid that will play low and hard so when he's in there really isn't a let down. Arp has 4 sr's that play hard, but Arps youth took a while for them to get to the level of play they needed to be at mostly defensively. Hooks has a more seasoned team than Arp and they could hold a edge due to it. Overal I think its gonna be a heart breaking ending for 1 of these teams. It will come down to the last 5 mins. Honestly thats what we want to see out of respect for each other. 2 great towns playing playoff football.
  • Like 1