Arp vs Hooks

Tjc8525

So Arp has two kids that run a 4.4 forty?

Brother as an old coach I'll be the first one to tell you I dont know that amswer nor does a 40 time always equal speed on a field. Use old Jerry Rice for example. He had a an avg of 4.6 in the 40. But could run the 100 meter as fast as most Olympians. So to answer your question honestly, I think the boys might be 4.5 to 4.6 40 kids on good days. I could speculate but I won't. Little Baker being a smaller kiddo might be under a 4.5. Arp does have several kids though with plenty of speed. Heck go to maxpreps and watch some highlights. But, like I told you boys it wont be the speed that will help Arp win as much as it will be the physical play of the offense. You see they will look to have long drives. They want 4 to 5 yard pops with high energy. They want to deliver the blow over and over. If they pop free and go for a big play, great. I say chances are they are come out looking to wear out a defender. They want to sustain drives. They are similar to the old Pewit Bulls but in a flexbone. Except, Arp has a passing game and they will use it. Fill free to tell us more about your offensive style and how they use it. You"ve been watching them all year so you know what to expect. Don't be a homer either. This game will be close. Both teams will have to sustain drives. They both match up well. Ill be very surprised if either team wins by 10.

Sustained drives do not work against the Hornets. The defense will bend, but will not break. Hooks runs the read option. The QB will keep it for big gains. The QB will hand to the motion guy or keep it. He will also hand to the power RB up the middle. He will also pass it numerous times. I expect Arp to score once, twice at the most.

hooks isnt Waskom, Franklin, West Rusk, or even the week 3 Hughes Springs full team. Those teams beat Hooks 60+-14.

Not sure. Great teams for sure but not that much better. Hooks has a solid d but we know they will be scored on. Hooks has the potential for a great O. They have alot more options than running the ball. As far as speed there is alot of E Texas teams. This all comes to matchups and who is where. I see press speed as a non factor. If someone gets loose it's about someone out of position or a missed tackle. Should be a good game but hooks by14

Sustained drives do not work against the Hornets. The defense will bend, but will not break. Hooks runs the read option. The QB will keep it for big gains. The QB will hand to the motion guy or keep it. He will also hand to the power RB up the middle. He will also pass it numerous times. I expect Arp to score once, twice at the most.

I've seen your defense. Drives are possible.

Not sure. Great teams for sure but not that much better. Hooks has a solid d but we know they will be scored on. Hooks has the potential for a great O. They have alot more options than running the ball. As far as speed there is alot of E Texas teams. This all comes to matchups and who is where. I see press speed as a non factor. If someone gets loose it's about someone out of position or a missed tackle. Should be a good game but hooks by14

Well said.

I've seen your defense. Drives are possible.

Drives are possible, wont argue with that. But they find a way to keep teams out of the end zone. Ask Pewitt, they know its true.

I think ARP scores a couple of time and maybe 3 at the most. But Arp really needs to worry about that defense. Giving up over 30 points a game on defense. SMH, Hooks is gonna roll.

he is a great player he can read and pass.

Which RB? We have 5. Well 6 now with the new kid now eligible. He started at RB for Chapel Hill and MLB Im told. I know he was a big force for Arp in the middle at 5'9 200 lbs last week in his 1st start with Arp.

Whatever, If Arp has that many good athletes why the Hell did you finish 4th in the district. All I have heard is about the Medlock kid now you say you have 5 no 6 top players BS!!!! You've got one stud to hang your hat on and he can be stopped. What will it be next post will you have 8 kids that are better than our Hooks kids. Get real and stop lying.

There's way way way way to much man love going on with the D8 guys. D7 fellas we got respect for each other, but you guys make the Natch a little uncomfortable. Am I the only D7 guy that is noticing it ?

Sounds like you feeling left out "Mighty", I got you something to make you feel better after that outstanding defensive showing sunday baseketball-riverdance-o.gif

Whatever, If Arp has that many good athletes why the Hell did you finish 4th in the district. All I have heard is about the Medlock kid now you say you have 5 no 6 top players BS!!!! You've got one stud to hang your hat on and he can be stopped. What will it be next post will you have 8 kids that are better than our Hooks kids. Get real and stop lying.

What it is with people on here trying to twist statements into totaly different statements. You might need to slow down and read it, so what I said sinks in. Do me a,favor. Before you despute me go look up facts. Its easy to find highlights on Arp. Go to maxpreps, its easy to find sizes and weights, go to rivals.com and its easy to find "listed" 40 times if you think 40s win games. I promise its not as important as you think.

What it is with people on here trying to twist statements into totaly different statements. You might need to slow down and read it, so what I said sinks in. Do me a,favor. Before you despute me go look up facts. Its easy to find highlights on Arp. Go to maxpreps, its easy to find sizes and weights, go to rivals.com and its easy to find "listed" 40 times if you think 40s win games. I promise its not as important as you think.

Guess heights, weights, and 40 times can't be made up. Never said speed was the most important thing. My deal was every time Arp fans post something the number of "stud" athletes you have raised. It started out #3 and #5 were the best you got now it's up to we have 5 or 6 kids that are superstars next the number will jump to 11 kids. Point is Hooks has some good size, talent, and speed

In our skill players plus we have some others that are talented but don't get the exposure of our main play maker. This game will be a dog fight but fact is fact Arp is averaging giving up 30 points a game and Hooks is averaging about 14 points per game. Our D is quick and can tackle. Hooks will take this game by 14 points

Guess heights, weights, and 40 times can't be made up. Never said speed was the most important thing. My deal was every time Arp fans post something the number of "stud" athletes you have raised. It started out #3 and #5 were the best you got now it's up to we have 5 or 6 kids that are superstars next the number will jump to 11 kids. Point is Hooks has some good size, talent, and speed

In our skill players plus we have some others that are talented but don't get the exposure of our main play maker. This game will be a dog fight but fact is fact Arp is averaging giving up 30 points a game and Hooks is averaging about 14 points per game. Our D is quick and can tackle. Hooks will take this game by 14 points

Hooks has great size and speed. They execute well offensively and play smart ball defensively. Arps avg of points is high due to 3 games. Waskom, Franklin, and Hughes Springs before they lost everyone. You might be better off if you want a truer picture of Arp to look at the Games after Waskom once Arp got Healthy and made its changes offensively. I say Waskom because Waskom is that much better than everyone in our Region. At least from what I saw anyways. And its hard to believe but Franklin looked better than Waskom. I dont see Arp being able to match a team like those. Nor, do I see Hooks doing it as well.