H3llR4z0r

Gilmer (10-0) vs Pleasant Grove (6-4)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes it to the next round?

• Pleasant Grove in a blowout.
    • Pleasant Grove in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a blowout.

The coach seems a bit overly confident. I do expect a better showing that last year as well, but that's not something you tell a reporter. At a pep rally, to your team or town, that's fine, but not to the paper. They're just giving Gilmer fuel.

On a different note, been watching film all day, and I can't help but laugh. The Gilmer QB has the same pre-snap routine every snap, kinda funny to watch at times. The kid has an arm (little wild with it) but I just laugh when I see his pre-snap posture.

The coach seems a bit overly confident. I do expect a better showing that last year as well, but that's not something you tell a reporter. At a pep rally, to your team or town, that's fine, but not to the paper. They're just giving Gilmer fuel.

On a different note, been watching film all day, and I can't help but laugh. The Gilmer QB has the same pre-snap routine every snap, kinda funny to watch at times. The kid has an arm (little wild with it) but I just laugh when I see his pre-snap posture.

That's a good thing, some QB's change their routine for a pass or run and good coaches pick up on that. Through nine games he has 21 TDs, 1805 yds passing and 2 interceptions.(None since Carthage game)

How does that compare with Atlanta's QB passing stats? Haven't heard much about his arm or throwing ability. Hope he can throw it a little, you may need it to beat Bullard.

That's a good thing, some QB's change their routine for a pass or run and good coaches pick up on that. Through nine games he has 21 TDs, 1805 yds passing and 2 interceptions.(None since Carthage game)

How does that compare with Atlanta's QB passing stats? Haven't heard much about his arm or throwing ability. Hope he can throw it a little, you may need it to beat Bullard.

He's not the best passer. He can hit the the short routes and screens though, so that may be enough to keep the defense true. Atlanta is really good at spreading the field, so stacking the box would not be a good idea. They have a lot of breaking speed and can set the edge pretty good.

He's not the best passer. He can hit the the short routes and screens though, so that may be enough to keep the defense true. Atlanta is really good at spreading the field, so stacking the box would not be a good idea. They have a lot of breaking speed and can set the edge pretty good.

You guys may not have any trouble running the ball against Bullard, but it would help to have a little passing threat. Bullard plays very good technique and gets after you on defense. I think you guys should be favored to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bullard pulled off the upset. Good luck and hope everyone stays healthy.

You guys may not have any trouble running the ball against Bullard, but it would help to have a little passing threat. Bullard plays very good technique and gets after you on defense. I think you guys should be favored to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bullard pulled off the upset. Good luck and hope everyone stays healthy.

Thanks man! Appreciate that! We just hope for a good clean game. Hopefully we can find ways to use our talent to our advantage. They've got some big players and seem to rush to the ball pretty good. Hopefully our coach can get these boys prepped and ready for Saturday!

What would you expect your coach to tell a reporter? That his team can't win. I'm ok with any coach saying that. He wasn't disrespectful or rude or bashing to Gilmer. I'm pretty sure the Buckeyes don't need anything to fire them up for any game especially the playoffs. Nothing the PG coach says will change that. The PG coach is concerned about his own team and getting them ready he's not worried about whether what he says bothers Gilmer. Good for him!

• Like 1

I don't know about that Golfingnut, Coaches are always looking for an edge, anything to help motivate a team. Anything from creating straw men to billboard fodder. Why give your opponent a "look at what they said moment". Yeah I know they are ready to play, but its still all about getting an extra reason to win.

Tou seriously think PG will score 17?

Yes they will. One of Gilmers corners will fall asleep to the run and get beat deep twice. Then a Gilmer fumble lets PG kick a looooong FG. LOL. On the other hand I really don't see PG ever stopping Gilmer.

Gilmer 56

PG 17

What would you expect your coach to tell a reporter? That his team can't win. I'm ok with any coach saying that. He wasn't disrespectful or rude or bashing to Gilmer. I'm pretty sure the Buckeyes don't need anything to fire them up for any game especially the playoffs. Nothing the PG coach says will change that. The PG coach is concerned about his own team and getting them ready he's not worried about whether what he says bothers Gilmer. Good for him!

Well, if I where a coach, and I was talking to the reporter, I would say "We have a very good football team, and our Seniors have really stepped up to turn this program around. We've had some tough losses this season, but we we start with a clean slate today. We're moving on to a tough Gilmer team who have won their last 26 straight. We're going to put in some good practice this week and be ready for Gilmer on Friday." But that's just me...

I mean really, if it where me, I'm going to tell the reporter whatever I can to make Gilmer's head swell. Reason being is because if I'm PG's coach, I know they're already going to underestimate our good football team, so why would I give them any incentive to study our play style that much more? I know Gilmer doesn't need anything else to fire them up, but I assure you, the players are even that much more fired up after this.

• Like 1

Well,, it's always hard to guestimate how a game like this is going to turn out. I have really nothing to compare the two teams other than both played Tatum. The point differentials were pretty close in those games. Last season the Bucks pretty much owned Pleasant Grove in their meeting, but this year, I hear PG is an improved team. My opinion of our Buckeyes is we dropped off a little from last season. Not saying we are not still a good team, but these thoughts make it seem as if this years game will be closer as predicted by many other folks on here. How much closer is the question.

Some personal observations about the Buckeyes this year are: We've tended to play our best games against teams who had the best chance of beating us. (ref. games against LE, and Carthage) But we didn't win those games by much at all. In games where we could/should have won bigger, we,, if nothing else, didn't play with the focus and enthusiasm

we should have. That scares me a bit. Meaning,, I wonder, considering the margin of victory against PG last season, will the Buckeyes take this years game as seriously as they should? Do the kids share the idea that this years game will be closer,, maybe even real close, and they should play their absolute best game for four full quarters. Pure talent takes you a long way in big games, but I totally believe many tight games are won between the ears as much as by talent. First off, the Buckeyes should have confidence in themselves, heck, winning 26 games in a row should promote confidence,, but if you don't regard your opponent as serious contenders for the win, it could cost you, and heading home for the season could be the next, and only trip you might make after the game.

I will assure anyone, that the PG Hawks are going to be setting fire to the highways between Texarkana, and Mt. Pleasant on the way to the game. They will be extremely pumped up with the thoughts of sending the defending State Champs home in the first round. My guess is they play as fired up as Bullard was against us. We didn't play our best game against Bullard in my opinion, and they played their best against us, and almost pulled it off. I have no comparison of whether or not PG is as good a team as Bullard is, but we doggone sure don't want to expect them to be any less capable than the Panthers were. The Gilmer Buckeyes have the talent, and capability to go several rounds deep this year, but if they aren't ready for this game, they could be going home after the first round. If I could have spoken to the players this week, my challenge to them would be practice your absolute best this week. And be as mentallly prepared as physically prepared. There "is" such a thing as being "too fired up" for a game,,, I've seen that cost teams over the years,,, but you doggone sure don't want to come out in this game flat, and uninspired. Tell ya girlfriends you have other things to concentrate on this week besides her,,, if she breaks up with you because of that,, she probably wasn't the girl for you anyway. LOL #1 thing,,, play for your teammates this week,, not yourself, not to impress your friends/girlfriend/family,,, but play your best for your team. If each Buckeye plays that way,, they will head back to Gilmer moving on to the 2nd round.

• Like 1

Well, if I where a coach, and I was talking to the reporter, I would say "We have a very good football team, and our Seniors have really stepped up to turn this program around. We've had some tough losses this season, but we we start with a clean slate today. We're moving on to a tough Gilmer team who have won their last 26 straight. We're going to put in some good practice this week and be ready for Gilmer on Friday." But that's just me...

I mean really, if it where me, I'm going to tell the reporter whatever I can to make Gilmer's head swell. Reason being is because if I'm PG's coach, I know they're already going to underestimate our good football team, so why would I give them any incentive to study our play style that much more? I know Gilmer doesn't need anything else to fire them up, but I assure you, the players are even that much more fired up after this.

What you would do doesn't matter because you aren't the PG coach. I'm pretty sure he knows how to motivate his team plus he probably believes they will win.

Gilmer is one of the most prepared teams going into any game so I doubt anything the PG coach says will cause the Buckeye coaches to "study the PG play style more" as you say, than they already do.

What you would do doesn't matter because you aren't the PG coach. I'm pretty sure he knows how to motivate his team plus he probably believes they will win.

Gilmer is one of the most prepared teams going into any game so I doubt anything the PG coach says will cause the Buckeye coaches to "study the PG play style more" as you say, than they already do.

Oh ok thanks.

Guess Gilmer is the only team that can't get a big head going into a game. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that I had seen it happen before. But whatever you say, I'll go with.