H3llR4z0r

Gilmer (10-0) vs Pleasant Grove (6-4)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes it to the next round?

• Pleasant Grove in a blowout.
    • Pleasant Grove in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a blowout.

What did y'all expect the coach for PG to say? "Oh, Gilmer? We have no shot, they are better than us plain and simple.".....? Heck no! Could he of been more political about it? Sure he could have but I don't think saying you are going to win rallies the other team more than it does your own so what does it hurt really? These are high school boys who play every week to prove they are good enough to move on to the next level... this isn't the nfl where the men need motivation sometimes due to lack of desire.

• Like 2

Gilmer had a 4 headed monster running game in that game, Collier, Boyd, Ward, Brooks, for the likes we have not seen since, Ward has been out with a foot injury, but I do understand, he will be back this Friday night in Mt.Pleasant, so with him being back, the passing game up to speed, it limits the options defenses has of stopping Gilmer! If Gilmer gets the penalties cleaned up, and can step up the Blag Flag D up a notch, we could see the best play from Gilmer all year!

But I heard the Ward kid quit

What did y'all expect the coach for PG to say? "Oh, Gilmer? We have no shot, they are better than us plain and simple.".....? Heck no! Could he of been more political about it? Sure he could have but I don't think saying you are going to win rallies the other team more than it does your own so what does it hurt really? These are high school boys who play every week to prove they are good enough to move on to the next level... this isn't the nfl where the men need motivation sometimes due to lack of desire.

I think it's great to have confidence in your team. I just feel like that's something you say to your community and team, not to the paper lol. I mean, how many NFL coaches or college coaches say that they are guaranteeing a victory? I know this isn't NFL, or college ball, but it's not Peewee either. Either way, I'm not saying that he should be fired or anything abnormally extreme, just saying it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do.

You don't tell the other team that you WILL win period. Yes it's ok to think that and to believe that. That's what you are supposed to believe. But you don't say it to the other team. And despite what anyone thinks, kids are not the greatest at preparation and lack focus daily. You give them a reason to focus daily and the results are exponential.

I don't see an issue with what he said. For crying out loud he said they are going to pull off the upset. He's giving Gilmer all the credit in the world.

If I was the Gilmer coach that article would be pinned to the wall in the locker room. If I was Pg player parent I would be calling the pg coach a bonehead right now. Lol

You don't tell the other team that you WILL win period. Yes it's ok to think that and to believe that. That's what you are supposed to believe. But you don't say it to the other team. And despite what anyone thinks, kids are not the greatest at preparation and lack focus daily. You give them a reason to focus daily and the results are exponential.

THANK YOU! That's my point exactly!

If I was the Gilmer coach that article would be pinned to the wall in the locker room. If I was Pg player parent I would be calling the pg coach a bonehead right now. Lol

You're 100% correct! That, or be taped to everyone's locker. He's just fanning an already large flame.

Maybe that coach just has a bigger set than all of you that are bashing him. Maybe they aren't scared of gilmer. I think it's a good way to show your players that you believe in them. But to trash a guy because he says he is going to pull an upset is laughable. Have any of you ever competed at anything. Confidence is key.

• Like 1

Regardless of what he said or didn't say PG would still be considered the underdog in this game. I think it adds an extra level of intensity and gives the PG kids some incentive to practice that much harder this week. Knowing that they will be expected to live up to that expectation Friday night might fan the flame PG needs to get through this game.

I think it's great to have confidence in your team. I just feel like that's something you say to your community and team, not to the paper lol. I mean, how many NFL coaches or college coaches say that they are guaranteeing a victory? I know this isn't NFL, or college ball, but it's not Peewee either. Either way, I'm not saying that he should be fired or anything abnormally extreme, just saying it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do.

"We will win the ballgame. You can put it in three inch bold letters. We will win the ballgame."

-Jimmy Johnson

I know we aren't the Cowboys of yesteryear but I can dream:)

I am glad coach didn't take it to that level. Lol

I think it's laughable that everyone thinks we're trashing or bashing the coach. All we're saying is that probably wasn't the wisest of things to say. It's not trashing, bashing, or insulting. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, I'm not saying get rid of him. I'm saying that I don't think that's something you should say when going up against a team, especially against the likes of Gilmer. He's done great things at PG, I'm in now way trash talking about him or bashing him, just making an opinionated statement on his choice of words is all. I'm still pulling for PG lol.

I'm just anxious to see how these teams respond to the challenge. Playing inspired and focused football makes the atmosphere more intense. This is what the playoffs are all about! It's either win or go home from here on out.

or not win and stay home.

I think Gilmer will have no problem this week..

Hopefully the thunderstorms dissipate before kickoff Friday night. The forecast is showing things may clear up before then, but you know how accurate these weather people are lol. If things don't clear up a little rain may help the Hawks after all, if it does....bring on the rain!!

Gonna be in Gilmer for Waskoms demolishing of DeKalb. Where's the best place to eat in Gilmer (besides your house)?? ;)

Mexican food: La Finca

Diner food: The Black Kettle (still says Country Café on it)

Doc Hot Links: If you need a blood thickener :lol: . It's a hole in the wall that has been here since the mid '50s, still making their own links - not the same milled Pittsburg links. Good stuff.

Dubya's BBQ

Bodacious BBQ

Buffet Village for Chinese food

Catfish Junction

There's also a Whataburger, Sonic, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, Subway, KFC/Taco Bell, and Jack-in-the-Box for fast food.

• Like 1