Gilmer (10-0) vs Pleasant Grove (6-4)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes it to the next round?

• Pleasant Grove in a blowout.
    • Pleasant Grove in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a blowout.

mark my word...PG blew this game gilmer is very beatable

PG did not blow this game?? Gilmer gave them 7 extra chances to win and PG did not take advantage. Yes Gilmer is beatable but who in D2 4a is not beatable? Gilmer is not the Gilmer of last year but they find a way to keep winning so my hat is off to them. Congrats Gilmer and great season to PG. PG will be better next year with many underclassmen back.

• Like 1

Proud of my boys. Finally got my pick 6! We could of had it but just couldn't take advantage of what was given to us. Too many penalties at key moments and too many mistakes by key players. Experience is always good and most of these young men are coming back next year so look out!

Congrats Gilmer.

good post

PG, better open your wallet. Because your coach is good , real good. Them city slickers going to come after him real quick with them deep pockets. Phone is probably already ringing! He turned your program around in less than 2 years. Playoffs 2 years straight! And almost pulled off the biggest upset in texas football history!

For Buckeye fans... Let's try and remember that these are 16-17 year old teenagers... Anybody who spends time around kids knows they are ALL prone to mental breakdowns ALL the time. And Gilmer certainly had their share of them tonight! And for the record, turning the football over 7 times will send you to the gym and the round balls 90% of the time... and 99% of the time in a playoff game. Well, not tonight! Tonight, Gilmer found a way despite themselves.

Every one of Gilmer's "Playoff Runs" over the past decade or so has had one of these types of games. Pittsburg in 2004... District Championship game, Gilmer scores a late TD to win 19-14 if memory serves... And finds a way to win. Then goes on to win a State Championship... In a game where your all-world QB threw 3 INTs and is seconds away from blowing a huge halftime lead... but Gilmer finds a way to win. 2007, Gilmer beats Wylie on a last second screen pass to score... and finds a way to win. 2009, Gilmer turns it over 3 times against Cuero and gives up a 70+ yard drive in 1:14 inside their own 10 yard line.... But holds Cuero to 0 yards the next 4 downs and finds a way to win. Last year... 1:09 against Gladewater, and Gilmer goes the length of the field and finds a way to win. And then again in the State Finals down 3 scores at the half, Gilmer fights back and finds a way to win. Remember all those cardiac moments Buckeye fans? Do you see a pattern here? This is what Championship caliber programs do... They have kids who will be kids and play like kids and make mistake like kids will do, just like everybody else does. But in a Championship Program, those kids never stop believing they are gong to find a way to win. And tonight, again... Gilmer finds a way, comes back and wins.

The fact is, here we are early Saturday morning in the late fall... Gilmer is 11-0 on the season and will have the chance to stretch a 27 game winning streak to 28 next week.... I guarantee you that some really, really good teams like Ennis, Lufkin, and Gladewater who did NOT turn it over 7 times this week played better than Gilmer did tonight. And they would all trade places with the Buckeyes in a heartbeat. They will all be indoors on hardwood Monday after school, while Gilmer will be back on the field turf.

Every year kids have at least "One of those games". Gilmer has certainly had some like this where they LOST as well. Remember those sick feelings after 2003 vs Atlanta, 2005 vs Canton, 2006 vs LE, 2007 vs Liberty Hill, 2008 vs Kilgore and vs Carthage, 2010 and 2011 vs Argyle, 2012 vs Navasota, etc.??? Well, that is a different feeling than you have tonight, no matter how disgusted you might be at what you saw. In the playoffs, you have to be good, and you have to be lucky. Turn it over 7 times in the playoffs and still win? You are probably both! But let's not lose sight of the only fact that matters... Gilmer will have the opportunity to fix it next week.

So.... I flipped over to this game right before PG kicked the FG to get to 36. The Gilmer radio guys were swearing up and down that the ball fell short of the cross-bar... even though there were 2 refs standing right there and both said it was good. SMDH.

Friends i have been a Buckeye for along time and supporter of the program, for along time aswell, and been to many many games, but my friends this has to be one of the hardest games I have ever sat thru!

I have never been that critical about our staff or our kids, but when your 11 games in to the season, and you look like its your first, its time to call a spaid a spaid! We have issues and its not the kids, well maybe one, when you throw 1 interception, shame on him, but when you throw 2 then 3, shame on the coaches for not making a change! Plain and simple, we have struggled the whole season, yes we are 11-0 but we are very lucky to be 11-0!

The same mistakes keep happening, stupid penalties, personel not in the game,, let the clock run out on a 2 pt try, its a 40 second clock for crying out loud, personal foul on a coach on the sideline,, seriously,, a big come on man to the coaches, and it all starts with the head coach! Alot of soul searching will have to take place this week!

Ok guys can we stop saying Gilmer gave us the ball 7 times. We took it! Our D set up the offense over and over but the O couldn't get it done. The O only score 17? by themselves. It's been like this all year. The D can get better but it's got to be up to the O to take advantage of the Ds gifts.

So.... I flipped over to this game right before PG kicked the FG to get to 36. The Gilmer radio guys were swearing up and down that the ball fell short of the cross-bar... even though there were 2 refs standing right there and both said it was good. SMDH.

I was sitting on that end of the stadium and that kicked ball DID FALL SHORT. the refs BLEW THAT CALL!!!!

Ok guys can we stop saying Gilmer gave us the ball 7 times. We took it! Our D set up the offense over and over but the O couldn't get it done. The O only score 17? by themselves. It's been like this all year. The D can get better but it's got to be up to the O to take advantage of the Ds gifts. If we had Smith at QB and a certain RB we would still be playing and wouldn't have had to even play Gilmer. Cox did well in his situation but if he doesn't get WAY better, I fear more disappointment.

Truth! PG forced turnovers. PG punched and clawed at the ball all night. They got pressure on the QB and forced bad passes. They played excellent coverage for most of the game, and they where right where they needed to be. Quit acting like Gilmer forced their own turnovers. Gilmer can't turn the ball over if the other team doesn't take it. Luck isn't real. Don't ruin a great Gilmer comeback by slandering the other team with tales of "luck" and "not being good" and "giving it away." Please spare it and have some class. Gilmer won a great game in Gilmer fashion. Yes Gilmer had 7/8 turnovers. PG had 4 turnovers themselves. You trying to say Gilmer had nothing to do with those 4? No, you are not. PG played a great game and where good enough to lead Gilmer most of the game because it did actually happen. Deal with it. Move on to Media with some dignity and stop acting like Gilmer was on the field voluntarily giving handouts to win, even of that is what it looked like at times.

By the way, I'm agreeing to the first half of the original post, not the second half.

• Like 1

Winning 2 district games was the big moral victory for PG...doubt they bring a big crowd to watch a Gilmer highlight lol.

You are a wise guy aren't you! PG did have their chance to blow them out only to see that turn in certainly having a chance to beat them. So, I think you were wrong in your thinking! If it weren't for 4 PG turnovers, PG would have won!

Winning 2 district games was the big moral victory for PG...doubt they bring a big crowd to watch a Gilmer highlight lol.

You are a wise guy aren't you! PG did have their chance to blow them out only to see that turn in certainly having a chance to beat them. So, I think you were wrong in your thinking! If it weren't for 4 PG turnovers, PG would have won!

Friends i have been a Buckeye for along time and supporter of the program, for along time aswell, and been to many many games, but my friends this has to be one of the hardest games I have ever sat thru!

I have never been that critical about our staff or our kids, but when your 11 games in to the season, and you look like its your first, its time to call a spaid a spaid! We have issues and its not the kids, well maybe one, when you throw 1 interception, shame on him, but when you throw 2 then 3, shame on the coaches for not making a change! Plain and simple, we have struggled the whole season, yes we are 11-0 but we are very lucky to be 11-0!

The same mistakes keep happening, stupid penalties, personel not in the game,, let the clock run out on a 2 pt try, its a 40 second clock for crying out loud, personal foul on a coach on the sideline,, seriously,, a big come on man to the coaches, and it all starts with the head coach! Alot of soul searching will have to take place this week!

Disagree with this 100%. Absolutely misinformed.

For Buckeye fans... Let's try and remember that these are 16-17 year old teenagers... Anybody who spends time around kids knows they are ALL prone to mental breakdowns ALL the time. And Gilmer certainly had their share of them tonight! And for the record, turning the football over 7 times will send you to the gym and the round balls 90% of the time... and 99% of the time in a playoff game. Well, not tonight! Tonight, Gilmer found a way despite themselves.

Every one of Gilmer's "Playoff Runs" over the past decade or so has had one of these types of games. Pittsburg in 2004... District Championship game, Gilmer scores a late TD to win 19-14 if memory serves... And finds a way to win. Then goes on to win a State Championship... In a game where your all-world QB threw 3 INTs and is seconds away from blowing a huge halftime lead... but Gilmer finds a way to win. 2007, Gilmer beats Wylie on a last second screen pass to score... and finds a way to win. 2009, Gilmer turns it over 3 times against Cuero and gives up a 70+ yard drive in 1:14 inside their own 10 yard line.... But holds Cuero to 0 yards the next 4 downs and finds a way to win. Last year... 1:09 against Gladewater, and Gilmer goes the length of the field and finds a way to win. And then again in the State Finals down 3 scores at the half, Gilmer fights back and finds a way to win. Remember all those cardiac moments Buckeye fans? Do you see a pattern here? This is what Championship caliber programs do... They have kids who will be kids and play like kids and make mistake like kids will do, just like everybody else does. But in a Championship Program, those kids never stop believing they are gong to find a way to win. And tonight, again... Gilmer finds a way, comes back and wins.

The fact is, here we are early Saturday morning in the late fall... Gilmer is 11-0 on the season and will have the chance to stretch a 27 game winning streak to 28 next week.... I guarantee you that some really, really good teams like Ennis, Lufkin, and Gladewater who did NOT turn it over 7 times this week played better than Gilmer did tonight. And they would all trade places with the Buckeyes in a heartbeat. They will all be indoors on hardwood Monday after school, while Gilmer will be back on the field turf.

Every year kids have at least "One of those games". Gilmer has certainly had some like this where they LOST as well. Remember those sick feelings after 2003 vs Atlanta, 2005 vs Canton, 2006 vs LE, 2007 vs Liberty Hill, 2008 vs Kilgore and vs Carthage, 2010 and 2011 vs Argyle, 2012 vs Navasota, etc.??? Well, that is a different feeling than you have tonight, no matter how disgusted you might be at what you saw. In the playoffs, you have to be good, and you have to be lucky. Turn it over 7 times in the playoffs and still win? You are probably both! But let's not lose sight of the only fact that matters... Gilmer will have the opportunity to fix it next week.

A fan that actually gets it. When it comes playoff time there are no style points. Goal is to win and advance. I am sure GW would be happy to trade places with Gilmer.