H3llR4z0r

Gilmer (10-0) vs Pleasant Grove (6-4)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes it to the next round?

• Pleasant Grove in a blowout.
    • Pleasant Grove in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a blowout.

No is right! PG should have won but it slip through their fingers. I said if PG wins this game they would sweep state! Well...we will see how well Gilmer does! This is just another case where the better team did not win!

Oh You just certainly cannot be serious. Gilmer turns the ball over on a goofy night, making goofy uncharacteristic mistakes 7 dadgum times, and you say the better team lost when they still come back and beat PG??? C'mon man, that just doesn't happen, if you are not a good team. I don't think I' ve ever seen a team lost 7 of them and still win the game. The turnovers were odd at best,, it seemed everything that could go wrong for the Buckeyes "did go wrong",,, Murphy's Law personified. Yet they never quit,, kept calm, did what they had to do and won the game. To me, "SOME" credit has to go to the Buckeyes as a "dadgum" good team for that to actually happen. Turnovers are going to happen,, sometimes in bunches like Friday night. There's no answer for it. My gosh, we just dropped the ball, no excuses. Take away every turnover, and PG loses by 28 points, at least. I will say that PG played good,, but Mo was on their side for most of the first half,, and the first half of the 3rd quarter. Their kids were aware, and quick to jump on a ball when they saw it laying there,, and they took advantage of the gifts that Gilmer gave them. That speaks for a very good well coached football team. But better than Gilmer,,, I think not. Who won the game under very disadvantageous circumstances? The Buckeyes did. Proud of my Buckeyes,,, one thing you can say, we never quit, period. Stellar sign of a good team. But those mistakes will cost us against a more disciplined team. We better have all our skill kids carry a football around 24 hours a day this week. It needs to be fixed and fast.

PG did not blow this game?? Gilmer gave them 7 extra chances to win and PG did not take advantage. Yes Gilmer is beatable but who in D2 4a is not beatable? Gilmer is not the Gilmer of last year but they find a way to keep winning so my hat is off to them. Congrats Gilmer and great season to PG. PG will be better next year with many underclassmen back.

Gilmer will be better next season as well. Plus, we'll have one of the better QB's in East Texas at the helm,, Do learn from your mistakes this past weekend PG,,, don't start talking about next season,,, game,,, or "quarter",, until you "learn how to win." Learning how to win, is a huge challenge for every team. But Gilmer "this season",, can't keep putting themselves in position to have to come from behind to win. It's like "crank the car and floor it guys." Stop waiting for the EMS team to start resusitation procedures. This was a good win,, but a bad way to have to do it. We do this next week, or the week after that,, and we'll start bouncing round balls.

Friends i have been a Buckeye for along time and supporter of the program, for along time aswell, and been to many many games, but my friends this has to be one of the hardest games I have ever sat thru!

I have never been that critical about our staff or our kids, but when your 11 games in to the season, and you look like its your first, its time to call a spaid a spaid! We have issues and its not the kids, well maybe one, when you throw 1 interception, shame on him, but when you throw 2 then 3, shame on the coaches for not making a change! Plain and simple, we have struggled the whole season, yes we are 11-0 but we are very lucky to be 11-0!

The same mistakes keep happening, stupid penalties, personel not in the game,, let the clock run out on a 2 pt try, its a 40 second clock for crying out loud, personal foul on a coach on the sideline,, seriously,, a big come on man to the coaches, and it all starts with the head coach! Alot of soul searching will have to take place this week!

Grow the heck up,,,it's so easy to sit in your easy chair on your lap top and play coach/QB/WR/defensive standout. I've never heard so much downing a team and coaching staff for an 11-0 team in all my life. Some of you are just not satisfied unless we beat someone by 60 and waltz all the way to State each and every year. I'm really starting to get sick of our own fan base. Well,, a hand full of them anyway. Lighten the heck up people. We're 11-0 and going into the 2nd round of the playoffs. Do you realize how many 4-A teams in the state are wishing they had the same situation. Be grateful for goodness sake.

• Like 1

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss. I don't care how ugly our wins are in Pittsburg as long as we win. Would. You like to go 16-0 with ugly wins????

Nope down the line. There are a few spoiled p i s s heads who can't be happy unless we win 60 - 0. I love football, and I love my Buckeyes,, but we just can't,,, and must not,,, keep up this silly verbage about who should or should not be playing. Not while being 11 - 0. If anyone isn't happy that our team is where they are with the record they have, then my suggestion would be to trot their happy behinds up to the admin office and apply for head coach. I can assure you that Matt Turner would never tell you, that you didn't know know how to sack groceries very well. He'd say,, "it's hot out there son,, get someone else's groceries, I can handle those 7 bags myself." Spoiled, Spoiled, Spoiled, Spoiled, Spoiled.

I think some of you guys are missing the forest due to all the trees obstructing your perspective. "Unhappy with the direction of the program"???? REALLY????

Just a few facts for you Buckeye Fans to hopefully bring you back off of your ledges...

1) 11-0 and 27 straight wins. If you are not happy with that direction, then you are gonna have a miserable existence... because there is no achievable sense of "Happy" for you in this life.

2) Buckeye fans are so spoiled in general, that it is embarrassing. Please realize that outside of Devin and DeMarco, there are virtually NO critical role players on this team with real game experience outside of the 11 games they have played (and WON!) this season. Contrast that with last year's team at this stage... Kris and Chase by contrast had played in EVERY varsity game from their freshmen years on... 40+ starts by this time last year. So there is no comparing last year's team to this year's team... (which BTW is 11-0) or any other Gilmer Team in the past, so stop trying!

3) I realize Gilmer fans are accustomed to seeing what is essentially a college caliber talent team roll out and roll over, around and through whoever is put in front of them week in and week out, but news flash folks... This year's Gilmer squad is actually a mere HIGH SCHOOL football team. With mostly HIGH SCHOOL level talent. I know Gilmer fans are accustomed to seeing D1 / Future NFL talent running all over the place, but this team has 1, maybe 2 of that caliber of player, surrounded by a bunch of other really good HS players who have been coached up to their maximum potential. Boo-Hoo... Anywhere else at a "Normal Program" and this would be the most celebrated team and season in school history... But a "Down Year" for Gilmer. No disrespect to the talent or effort from any of the kids who are now being asked to make significant contributions now, but what you are so unhappy with is called a "GOOD HS FOOTBALL TEAM".... That happens to be 11-0! I know it is hard for you Gilmer fans who are now being subjected to the utter torture of watching a merely "Good HS Team" deliver you another undefeated District, and now Bi-District Championship.

4) "The direction of the program" has not changed a single iota in 15 years. The same guys that got it to where it is are the same guys in charge of it now. With the exception of a little less animation on the sidelines, there is literally ZERO difference with one exception... If Jeff were still here, he would have been telling you since August that the 2015 Buckeyes are just a bunch of "Program Kids" who would be lucky to go .500, who would do well to "Compete" for a District Championship, who were young, inexperienced and trying to find their own identity after another star-studded group of Seniors led us to another State Title, and who (because of the strength of the program and the stability, experience and skill of his staff) would be a team that Buckeye Fans would be proud of by the end of the season. In other words, he would have "Set Expectations" so that spoiled rotten fans would refrain from posting the kind of crapola I see posted here about "The direction of the program." And you know what folks? Had Jeff been here and told you all of that, he would NOT have been lying!

5) Jeff would also have been the first to tell you if he were here that he has the best staff in the country, and that the only thing that matters is that the Buckeyes are 11-0 and are still playing the week before Thanksgiving. And again, he would be right!

All that being said, the hilariously pathetic part of all this "Drama" I see posted on here after an 11-0 start and 27 straight wins is... When you take a gander at the 4A D2 Bracket, this Buckeye train may keep rolling well into December. So if this ride ends at 13-1, 14-1 or Lord help us, a successful defense of the State Crown (Yes, I said it!) how rediculous does this kind of conversation posted here make "The Army of Buckeyes" look?

Next time you see a Gilmer Coach, tell him thanks for not only all the rings, trophies, and genuinely quality kids they produce year in and year out... Thank him for putting up with this kind of horse hockey as well! Geez people... Get a grip!

Thanks Bfd,,, best post out of 23 pages. I'm certainly not embarassed by our coaches or kids,, but I'm embarrassed by some of our fans. Where I was sitting the other night, I kept hearing people all around me talking about how "bad" things were. Commenting about coaches, players and refs. Do those same people "never" stop to think that that man and woman two rows down might be one of those kids parents/grandparents/kinfolk, or coaches parents, etc? Do they not ever realize just how those comments make our town look to outside folks? Granted, the "majority" of our fans, are good fans,, but somehow a bunch of FINO (fans in name only) have filtered into our fan base. Unappreciative FINO's as well. People, please stop. I hate to see what's going to happen if we lose here soon. This will be my last comment on this subject,,, please do the same for our teams sake.

It makes no never mind to me "how" we win just so long as we do win. There are times where I would like to see us play better, though. The fans in Gilmer, myself included, are spoiled. I am just like anybody else in that there are times I disagree with the coaches, but to quantify that, I also disagreed at times before THIS season. It's nothing new to me, and I'm going to support the Buckeyes regardless of said disagreements. Sometimes you just have to step back and let the coaches do what they get paid to do, and let the chips fall where they may. That's what I've done, and I wish some of the others would, too.

Ok guys, I've been reading through this thread, and some of you are coming very close to bashing some kids. Tone it down, or suspensions will be coming. I don't have a team to support in the playoffs this year, so I've got time to stop in on some threads and watch for bad behavior. I would suggest that you leave negative comments about kids for the barber shop or Dairy Queen. As far as trashing a coach, I can guarantee that nothing you say on a message board is going to change anything.

Thank you, thank you, thank you sir. There are those I wish you had already suspended.

Thank you, thank you, thank you sir. There are those I wish you had already suspended.

We have had a lengthy discussion via pm about what is and is not allowed. Hopefully, everyone can abide by the rules. With a program as consistently good as Gilmer, it is natural for fans to have high expectations. I would encourage all Buckeye fans to consider what they are posting before they put it out there. Also, it might not be a bad idea to re-read some of your previous posts (talking to everyone here, not just AOB) and edit out where you've manipulated spelling or used extra spacing to bypass the profanity censor. There's no reason why we can't have a spirited discussion while keeping the language PG.

Thanks, trueblue82.

You got that brown spot on your nose you might wanna wipe off...........................

but dude seriously their was a lot of people bashing kids on here.

We have had a lengthy discussion via pm about what is and is not allowed. Hopefully, everyone can abide by the rules. With a program as consistently good as Gilmer, it is natural for fans to have high expectations. I would encourage all Buckeye fans to consider what they are posting before they put it out there. Also, it might not be a bad idea to re-read some of your previous posts (talking to everyone here, not just AOB) and edit out where you've manipulated spelling or used extra spacing to bypass the profanity censor. There's no reason why we can't have a spirited discussion while keeping the language PG.

Thanks, trueblue82.

Thank you Trueblue82,

It will be nice to actually talk football and have fun banter without people bashing kids and coaches.

A lot? Only one comes to mind that was actually naming kids.

I was watching during the game. some posts got deleted.

maybe not a lot but a few.

Thanks, trueblue82.

If you're talking about my "p" word, I don't consider that profanity. Maybe ill advised,, but sorry, I'm just frustrated with a few of our fans making statements behind a keyboard and computer screen, and hurting other folks feelings. It's just not necessary.

AOB couldn't let it go so I'll say it. If we didn't make silly mistakes and turnover the ball all by ourselves 5 times, we win. Other than that, we had yall on the ropes.

I only remember 3 turnovers, but I'm pretty sure the stats say 4 turnovers for PG. That's still a +3, not to mention Gilmer's turnovers: one being a pick six, one returned down to 2-yard line, and one returned down to the 12. Y'all lived in our territory most of the game because of turnovers. We only had to punt once? Turnovers were the only thing that stopped us in this game.