Shelbyville Vs. Big Sandy

yourteamstinks

Oh, I do. Don't worry about that. I pray for mine, yours and every other one out there. These are only children and they need all they prayers they can get.

Amen to that I will be praying for every team the rest of the way. And by the way I think we all need prayer so I will pray for us all.

and by god....it was a scrimmage....go hide somewhere til you can come up with something better!

You guys from San Augustine amuse me... the mighty Wolfpack have beaten 3-7 Groveton, 3-7 Hemphill, 5-5 West Sabine, 5-5 Joaquin, and 5-5 Cushing. Losing to Shelbyville would not be unexpected or embarrassing, they are 9-0. But I'd hold off on state championship talk for a program that hasn't won but one playoff game since 1952 or whatever it is. Somehow you all seem to think that based on the success of Beckville and Shelbyville everyone in this district is stellar. I will take Alto in this region. And I will take Mason and Canadian over anything in this region and it won't be close.

You guys from San Augustine amuse me... the mighty Wolfpack have beaten 3-7 Groveton, 3-7 Hemphill, 5-5 West Sabine, 5-5 Joaquin, and 5-5 Cushing. Losing to Shelbyville would not be unexpected or embarrassing, they are 9-0. But I'd hold off on state championship talk for a program that hasn't won but one playoff game since 1952 or whatever it is. Somehow you all seem to think that based on the success of Beckville and Shelbyville everyone in this district is stellar. I will take Alto in this region. And I will take Mason and Canadian over anything in this region and it won't be close.

And SA is 75% sophmores

I never said anything about game plan, yards, score, or anything like that cause it was a scrimmage. But one thing is the same for all scrimmages and that is the physicality. That is something that does not change from week to week. You either have it or you don't. Does not matter if it's a game or scrimmage.

Hope you can understand this.

So BS get beat by 3 teams that is as good as Alto?

Just maybe all that gas will catch the Wildcats on fire???

You think Bama?

It is flamable so I would be careful.

Serious Question to the big sandy folks,

Are your Running Backs speedsters, or size and try to run physical?

Our running backs are the kids that carry the ball.

S'ville is the most physical team in their class and division in the entire state. Win or lose, this team will never be out hit.

Shiner and Mason usually play ball too.

"Win or lose, this team will never be out it"

pretty sure if they lose they will indeed be "out it"

Who drops Mason?

Refugio

Just little hints from people online and a coaching buddy in region 4, supposedly Refugio has had some off field issues. I think they have gotten a lot of it under control.

Still pulling for Shiner in that region because of the beer, but it will be really hard for anyone to beat Refugio twice in a season.

Excluding the sorry non-district teams Shelbyville played other than Garrison, they have faced only slot-t, double wing, or split back veer. Only exception is San Augustine's spread. (Again I am excluding LK, QC and Colmesneil. Not worth mentioning)...And San Augustine put up the most points on them this year. I'd like to see how this "vaunted defense" handles better teams that spread them out. They may be the best team in the region but let's get more sample other than one style of offense. Just sayin....