Tyler Lee's Darrell Piske out as Head Coach

ComputerBear01

Don't know why everyone is being so secretive on this. Y'all know dang well Mike Thomas is the man. He's finishing his hearty breakfast on the plains of Lilbert, TX getting prepared to wow Red Raider land with his rah rah speech when he accepts the job tonight. Being a former Lee assistant in the late 80's helped land him this gig. Word on the street is he's implementing the Dead T offense. Nobody can see the field like Mike. Tyler ISD, y'all got a great one

I can say we got our guy.. Tons of experience, and coached under Dodge. TISD finally got it right

. A 6A guy that has a great resume.. The best I have felt since Owens left. Finally time to move onto the next chapter with a real coach that knows what it takes to play at this level.

It will take some time though.. Pulling Longview and JT back in will make this fun again . We may get outplayed but not outcoached anymore. I will be interested as to who he will bring in. The First line of business is not the Offense as many would think, but shore up our Defense. With his contacts, he should have no problems finding a good staff.. . Coach George is a Native East Texas guy from Athens that is coming home.

This is going to be a long journey, and a good one..

Seems like a great hire. I am sure Jt ain't to thrilled cause I wouldn't be suprised if Lee went back to being Lee (late 90s to mid 2000s).

JT doesnt have anything to worry about. JT is JT every year. They have the athletes and coaches that know what to do with their talent.

I think Lee will slowly get back to their glory days, but its going to take some time.

I hope the AD realizes that. Programs are built down in the JVs not at the varsity level.

When coach George has the time to raise up and farm QBs at the lower level, and put in offense, then Lee will reap their rewards.

This team has alot of holes to fill. But a guy that knows where to plug em in and then knows how to play with the big boys, makes George a good fit.

This looks like a great hire. Can't argue with Coach George's resume, that's for sure.

I had a concern that Lee would bring in a DFW guy that would use this job as a stepping stone back into the metroplex. But since reading that he and his wife are both from East Texas, it doesn't look like that should be an issue.

It will be interesting to see the staff he builds. No doubt he has a lot of connections. May be difficult to pry some away from the metroplex schools pay though.

Good luck to Lee! Hope to see them back on top soon!

Piske built a very productive offense before he was dismissed. It's going to be interesting seeing how an OC from SLC will develop a complimenting defense.

Same thing I was thinking. He seems like a good coach though. I guess we'll see. I wish Lufkin would make some changes....whatever.