Spavital Finally Out at End of Season

cats69

The higher ups have finally seen enough. Spavital is done at the end of the season. Sumlin is feeling the heat. Some of the other positional coaches have a longer leash as they have been around a shorter amount of time and their status depends upon how the rest of the season goes.. It's obviously very early but there have been some names thrown around out there..the one I've heard to replace Spavital most is Mazzone from UCLA.

Why wait? You guys play some team called the Catamounts... whatever that is and Vandy before facing LSU. Allowing Spat to put up 70 points on a lower level school isn't going to help.

I couldn't agree more. It'll be right back to the same old thing when they play a team with a pulse.

I'm waiting on WETSU to confirm this

I've heard it's true. I've heard that "officially" spav is still the OC but has been relieved of play calling duties. Sumlin is trying to keep spav in a "good light" in order to help him with his job search in the offseason.

I don't think he meant it as an insult. Wet /jjohnny as much as I can say it pretty much are in the loop for A&M Athletics. He has broke many stories or confirmed in the past. It's the same with val/sawemoff for Ou and Lhornfan justfan for texas.

Wet andjohnny prolly have the same sources. I was also just trying to get wet to come out and join the fun. Hadn't seen him lately

No I'm around.

Glad to hear you're okay.

Spivital is toast. Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle had a great quote on the current state of A&M:

"Texas A&M, with its half-billion dollar ode to sports fanaticism finished this fall, finally has all in place to compete for a Southeastern Conference title. All except the competing part."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/A-M-s-Sumlin-not-yet-on-hot-seat-but-OC-Spavital-6623633.php