Brett Ratliff no longer Head FB Coach at New Diana...

Smoaky

Just spoke with my friends from Diana. Seems the new coach is going to "help" be selected by the QB's dad. I bet a coach that has a QB for a son gets tossed out of the pile. Some interesting events going on at ND as he is good friends with a board member also who supposedly gets to help narrow the candidates down. Looks like a 2 man hiring team from what some in the community think. I'd hate to know I was spending my time on a committee for things to be predetermined. This process seems to get more clouded every day. Good luck kids because it seems you have people looking for your new coach that has their own son's interest at the forefront.

Just spoke with my friends from Diana. Seems the new coach is going to "help" be selected by the QB's dad. I bet a coach that has a QB for a son gets tossed out of the pile. Some interesting events going on at ND as he is good friends with a board member also who supposedly gets to help narrow the candidates down. Looks like a 2 man hiring team from what some in the community think. I'd hate to know I was spending my time on a committee for things to be predetermined. This process seems to get more clouded every day. Good luck kids because it seems you have people looking for your new coach that has their own son's interest at the forefront.

If a coach with a Qb for a son gets tossed let me know.

Interviewed 3 yesterday.... One from east on 154 and one from west on 154. 1 of which has been a coordinator and the other has not called plays

A former HC now in the metroplex as an OC.

supposed to interview 3 more today. One of them from the Peach tree.. not sure on the other 2.

The gentleman from Marble Falls as the OC that was previously at Lake Travis is a finalist based on his expirence and interview.

The committee process was a complete discussion process and working relationship. There were no arguements. There were no influences or overbering opinions. It was a complete success.

So to say the "QB's Dad won" is a completely false statement. The expirence and ideas of the candidate along with the second candidate is what earned them a spot as a finalist.

Mr Taylor it was a fair and complete process. Anyone that knows a person directly on the committee can confirm this. In the end, the community has won with either finalist.

You have a lot of 2nd hand false information. If you want to know the truth, come to the booster meeting on Feb. 8th at 6pm I'm the gym foyer. You may see our financial standings instead of spreading false information. Facts you may see speak for themselves.

Since when did facts play a part on here??

I am just a dumb country boy...but "come to the meeting, we are broke" means we fixin to pass the hat!!!

And let's get 2 the point....does the association has have working capital? You assets cover your debts?

The gentleman from Marble Falls as the OC that was previously at Lake Travis is a finalist based on his expirence and interview.

The committee process was a complete discussion process and working relationship. There were no arguements. There were no influences or overbering opinions. It was a complete success.

So to say the "QB's Dad won" is a completely false statement. The expirence and ideas of the candidate along with the second candidate is what earned them a spot as a finalist.

Mr Taylor it was a fair and complete process. Anyone that knows a person directly on the committee can confirm this. In the end, the community has won with either finalist.

Exactly... I live in Diana, know the entire process..Have nephew and niece at school here, Whomever is bitter about anything in the process is because they have other issues, has zero to do with the facts. To get the quality applicants and finalist is a credit to the community and commitment to upgrade facilities. Unfortunately, you will always have the few that think there is always a agenda.. Instead of being a divider, show up to some meetings and be a part of the solution.

Since when did facts play a part on here??

I am just a dumb country boy...but "come to the meeting, we are broke" means we fixin to pass the hat!!!

And let's get 2 the point....does the association has have working capital? You assets cover your debts?

Yes absolutely our assets cover our debts. It is "public record" but there again, you must come to a meeting to see them. We would gladly open the up.

Asking people to come to meeting is not asking to "pass the hat" or for money. We ask for involvement and person investment in the program. We don't sit back and complain about what we have. We take an active role to help fix it. We supplement budgets to help the needs of the kids. We provide scholarships to 4 kids each year. So yes we do fundraisers so fund this but a fundraiser is not begging for money. It is an active of participation for funds.

I apologize that you are bitter towards what is going on. I apologize that you do not want to take an active roll to help fix any shortfalls. You may say anything you would like with or without facts because that is your right. What I will say is you are not correct in your statements and I challenge you to come to 1 meeting. Come see what is right and wrong. Come get your own facts instead of hearsay. Monday February 8th at 6pm. If you don't want to stay for the entire hour meeting, the finances are covered right after our opening prayer.

The QB's dad on the committee does have a cousin who in fact does coach HS Football in Texas, but he's not one of the finalists...in fact he didnt apply..he's a defensive coordinator in the DFW area...small towns are fun places for rumors haha

All...great conversation yesterday with Supt.

Here are the facts.

* Finalists are Joshua Sadler. DC at CE King High School. Hawkins graduate. The other guy is Robbie Coplin that worked for Chad Morris at Stephenville for 4 years and followed him to Lake Travis where he worked for him for 5. This was his first year as OC at Marble Falls.

* It is unfair for you guys to say that the QB's dad had an agenda. He saw that a change needed to be made and he sent an email to supt. He also complained about softball and basketball in same email. Through this process the supt has seen all the components of a "program" and sees what has been lacking. He brought up a good point...the QB's dad has remodeled the field house, landscaped the high school, used his on equipment to seed and take care of the football field, hosted events for all programs at his house...all on his own dime. He was a huge supporter of this staff till he saw that change was needed. He was valuable part of the committee process and contributed all the information he collected.

* The finalist may or may not be related to him, but both guys stood on their own merit.

* Supt has no knowledge of the booster club owing money. He did say that he will investigate and if it is true, they will pay at once or changes will be made in that organization as well.

On a side note, I want to apologize. A statement that I made was that it was a "crappy" QB. The kid is 15 years old...he works hard and from all accounts he is a great kid. My statement was made from what I read from Salty1...who should also apologize. The statement that he fumbles, throws interceptions and avoids contact are just rude. Do we really think that they went 0-10 because of a QB? They gave up in excess of 400 points...the kid doesn't even play defense. I called a friend of mine on staff at Troup and he watched the film after the Diana/Troup game and he stated the QB never has a chance. He rarely had time to throw and when he did, he had lots of drops. He said he would take the kid right now...cause he is a good kid and he will be a winner. It takes a lot for a 15 year old kid to not miss a single practice or game and never give up.

So shame on me, shame on salty1 and shame on all the rumors. I have learned my lesson...investigate and get the facts.

• Like 1