PN-G Tells Adidias to Kiss Off.......

RETIREDFAN1

I support the change. I remember Plano beating PNG for state. It is very uncomfortable for us who are American Indians to see what teams like PNG do. I would not take children to those games. Anton Treuer thinks that one day it will be seen as something bad and strange like separate water fountains for different races. Every once in a while I get asked about this topic but I don't speak out about it as much as I used to for different reasons. That 's why I mentioned Dr. Treuer. He and I have never met but as Indigenous Americans we see things so similarly. One can find videos with him on the net or read his books. One can learn some things if one is really serious to do so about American Indian challenges and problems. Changing that is such an easy thing to do.

It's wrong to use another person's race or nationalities that way. I speak many languages fluently and mascot means a pet animal. When I would speak on this one of my examples was North Texas. The mascot is an eagle and the nickname is mean green.

It was nice to see the change in California. It won't be allowed there soon. The Dallas ISD changed about 20 years ago by using the anti-harassment rule.

Another district that I will never name was going to get millions of dollars after changing a few schools mascots but the district didn't change them. The district didn't get the money but still complained that it needed money because it was losing so much money to robin hood and whatever else.

I never got to play against schools with Indian mascots and I didn't want to do so. I would never schedule those teams either.

Alyssab... really? My wife and her entire family are native American. They laugh every time this idiotic idea of changing mascots comes up. I just told my wife what was going on, and she just laughed! Every body gets butt hurt o er the stupidest things. I understand that it's your opinion but come on!!! How is having a mascot name: indian, redskins, or etc troubling? What tribe are you? I could understand if they called out your specific tribe and bashed it, but what are they doing that is so wrong?

This world needs to stop worrying bout the small stupid stuff and fix the real issues.

Alyssab... really? My wife and her entire family are native American. They laugh every time this idiotic idea of changing mascots comes up. I just told my wife what was going on, and she just laughed! Every body gets butt hurt o er the stupidest things. I understand that it's your opinion but come on!!! How is having a mascot name: indian, redskins, or etc troubling? What tribe are you? I could understand if they called out your specific tribe and bashed it, but what are they doing that is so wrong?

This world needs to stop worrying bout the small stupid stuff and fix the real issues.

I don't talk about it much anymore. That's why I said to learn from someone like Dr. Treuer. I don't know why your wife and her family see it the way they do because it's nothing to laugh about. It really is damaging. I do know about PNG and saying that some Cherokee says it's OK and all that but it's not. One way that it is troubling is that a mascot is a pet animal. I won't even spell out that "R" word that you wrote out. That is an actual racial slur. One of my tribes never uses that word because it is bad medicine. That "R" word to us is an Indigenous American who was skinned by bounty hunters to exterminate indigenous persons. The skins were sold and were proof of the killing. It was easier to store skins than whole bodies. Also scalps, or genitals could be used as the proof.

Plano has had Indigenous Americans in school there for many years. It was bad for us playing PNG in Texas Stadium.

It can be my opinion but really it is a fact to those of us who know and understand what it really is and what is really going on. PNG and Donna and teams like that look really ignorant and really stupid and more.

I am Choctaw, Muscogee Creek and Chickasaw but law only allows me to belong to one tribe. So I belong to one tribe legally and another tribe that is unrecognized that includes those who cannot get into their ancestral tribes. I grew up multilingual and have learned more languages. I speak 4 Indigenous languages. Two are nearly dead.

It's wrong for many reasons including misrepresentation and mockeries and try doing that with black peoples. It will be shut down fast.

Remember Frisco Coons became Frisco Raccoons because Coons offended black people. They got that changed fast even though I had not heard people using that word that way for years. Indigenous Americans don't get that equal treatment. It's been decades of trying to get names like the "R" word changed. Finally, California is making that change.

It's really a very long subject to explain all the reasons why it's wrong and damaging. But there are a lot of American Indians who don't know there cultures and languages (which teach you A LOT).

When I went on tour in Germany, the Germans treated us much better than the USA. So it doesn't surprise me that it's from Adidas.

Really, I like to talk sports but often cannot as fully as I want to because I run into this stuff.

In teaching one time I demonstrated to students how many times I would hear a racial slur to American Indians on a sports radio station. It was 15 times in 60 minutes on a timer.

I don't talk about it much anymore. That's why I said to learn from someone like Dr. Treuer. I don't know why your wife and her family see it the way they do because it's nothing to laugh about. It really is damaging. I do know about PNG and saying that some Cherokee says it's OK and all that but it's not. One way that it is troubling is that a mascot is a pet animal. I won't even spell out that "R" word that you wrote out. That is an actual racial slur. One of my tribes never uses that word because it is bad medicine. That "R" word to us is an Indigenous American who was skinned by bounty hunters to exterminate indigenous persons. The skins were sold and were proof of the killing. It was easier to store skins than whole bodies. Also scalps, or genitals could be used as the proof.

Plano has had Indigenous Americans in school there for many years. It was bad for us playing PNG in Texas Stadium.

It can be my opinion but really it is a fact to those of us who know and understand what it really is and what is really going on. PNG and Donna and teams like that look really ignorant and really stupid and more.

I am Choctaw, Muscogee Creek and Chickasaw but law only allows me to belong to one tribe. So I belong to one tribe legally and another tribe that is unrecognized that includes those who cannot get into their ancestral tribes. I grew up multilingual and have learned more languages. I speak 4 Indigenous languages. Two are nearly dead.

It's wrong for many reasons including misrepresentation and mockeries and try doing that with black peoples. It will be shut down fast.

Remember Frisco Coons became Frisco Raccoons because Coons offended black people. They got that changed fast even though I had not heard people using that word that way for years. Indigenous Americans don't get that equal treatment. It's been decades of trying to get names like the "R" word changed. Finally, California is making that change.

It's really a very long subject to explain all the reasons why it's wrong and damaging. But there are a lot of American Indians who don't know there cultures and languages (which teach you A LOT).

When I went on tour in Germany, the Germans treated us much better than the USA. So it doesn't surprise me that it's from Adidas.

Really, I like to talk sports but often cannot as fully as I want to because I run into this stuff.

In teaching one time I demonstrated to students how many times I would hear a racial slur to American Indians on a sports radio station. It was 15 times in 60 minutes on a timer.

+1

What about Jacksonville, hachie, and other teams with the name?

OK. Those need to change. I'm trying to run away now before I get attacked.

See, it's all ritual practices. One should not "skinwalk" this way. And then it gets deeper into practices that I don't want to go into here.

I support not scheduling these teams. That would leave them only district games.

The Seminoles in FL made mistakes including not emphasizing there culture and language and allowing some other things. I believe they have started to regret that because they have lost who they are too much.

"We're not doing anything to hurt anybody, to offend anyone," he said. "If they are (offended), they don't have to come here."

I'm pretty sure segregationalists said the same thing. Hell, slavery couldn't have been that bad. The bible tells us it's not only ok, it's commanded by god.

That's just sad how we treat each other and the lack of respect people have for anything that's not "me and mine." People need to learn to look beyond their own perceptions and try to understand others point of view. Hell, I'd be mad if our high school mascot was the PG Crackers (overseer who would crack the whip.) Bad example...some folks around here would wear it like a badge of honor.

I don't think PNG would enjoy living on a real reservation with real poverty and real limited opportunities etc. It's one reason that place is so strange they act like it's something to glorify. One of the grandmothers on my dad's side was about 5 when forced on the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma to live on a reservation. Then in the 1890s in her 60s she was murdered by the government men when they came to make the reservation land allotments. Those teams just don't understand or care how they look to those who know better. Reservations are mostly soul cages.

Schools are supposed to educate but PNG and Donna are teaching the wrong way about American Indians and how to treat them with dignity and respect. I would not want my child taught to be a clown, a fool who treats others that way. Educationally, they are not taught correctly. Most schools don't teach correctly about Indigenous Americans. We may learn about others but not ourselves.

I think those schools like PNG and Donna should not receive state money and should be removed from the UIL. I certainly would not schedule them.

If you say people are offended enough and long enough, then people get offended on cue because they believe they are suppose to be offended. Indian mascots remind us of the Indians, pretty soon after all the Indian mascots are gone the American culture will forget the Indians were ever here and that might be the goal anyhow.

Let's go one step further boys and girls....IF these people are "offended" over these mascots....WHY are the animal groups not offended by schools using animals as mascots???...Are we treating these animals in an offensive way???....COME ON, Aren't mascots used to instill PRIDE, TEAMWORK, COMRADERY???....IF that is the case for the LEFT....better get those names off all those buildings at the school....SOMEBODY'S FAMILY'S feelings are hurt because THEIR NAME is not on the building!!!!!!

I support the change. I remember Plano beating PNG for state. It is very uncomfortable for us who are American Indians to see what teams like PNG do. I would not take children to those games. Anton Treuer thinks that one day it will be seen as something bad and strange like separate water fountains for different races. Every once in a while I get asked about this topic but I don't speak out about it as much as I used to for different reasons. That 's why I mentioned Dr. Treuer. He and I have never met but as Indigenous Americans we see things so similarly. One can find videos with him on the net or read his books. One can learn some things if one is really serious to do so about American Indian challenges and problems. Changing that is such an easy thing to do.

It's wrong to use another person's race or nationalities that way. I speak many languages fluently and mascot means a pet animal. When I would speak on this one of my examples was North Texas. The mascot is an eagle and the nickname is mean green.

It was nice to see the change in California. It won't be allowed there soon. The Dallas ISD changed about 20 years ago by using the anti-harassment rule.

Another district that I will never name was going to get millions of dollars after changing a few schools mascots but the district didn't change them. The district didn't get the money but still complained that it needed money because it was losing so much money to robin hood and whatever else.

I never got to play against schools with Indian mascots and I didn't want to do so. I would never schedule those teams either.

You will be this Thursday Night. Grand Saline is called the Indians, and we are proud of it.

What do people not understand about a mascot being an honor.. mascots were chosen by schools and organizations because they have an admired quality about them. Also, some are chosen because they have a significance to that city/region. They didn't choose a mascot to bash it or belittle it, they chose it because in some way or another they wanted to personify it and imitate its qualities. For example: Eagles - fierce bird of prey that also is a national symbol of freedom

Indians/Redskins/Chiefs/Seminoles - Fierce warriors that were loyal to each other and stood for qualities such as honor, respect, pride, humility, family, loyalty, etc.

Stupidest argument ever. I remember hearing stories about how my grandfathers grandparents didn't even speak English and his dad didn't until he went to school on a reservation. I do agree more money needs to go to reservations to deal with the poverty. I could see where redskins could be offensive. But Indians? Or braves? Or warriors? Nope nope nope. I try to respect this but its stupid.

Small minded, self centered and ignorance all around. How about we have mascots like The White Guys or The Nazi SS or The Rebel Racists? All of those fought hard for their beliefs and are valiant warriors. How about The Gladewater Jews or The LE Islamist? What's wrong with that? The animal reference is just stupid...Indigenous Americans...They are just animals anyway. They shouldn't be offended. Moronic...

Maybe the Indigenous Americans don't want to be honored by a people who systematically enslaved, murdered, and tried to destroy their way of life. Since the first white dude set foot on this continent, all they have been doing is trying to eradicate the people who were already here.

The animal reference is just stupid.....PGDad

Dad....was just making the point that if the "left" will gripe and belly-ache about Indians and the such they will gripe and belly-ache about animals....

For example: Eagles - fierce bird of prey that also is a national symbol of freedom....VERNON

I agreed 10000000%...why not an animal of fierce competivness....Eagles...Lions....Tigers...and the such.....sounds as if someone is just trying to argue the argument

Maybe the Indigenous Americans don't want to be honored by a people who systematically enslaved, murdered, and tried to destroy their way of life. Since the first white dude set foot on this continent, all they have been doing is trying to eradicate the people who were already here.

Oh boo hoo, that's the history of the world... land is valuable, people fight for it... that has been going on since time began...

• Like 1