Lovelady vs. San Augustine

jacketgrad06

Lovelady vs San Augustine  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I can't believe yall are even predicting this game to be close. SA will have to have luck on there side to keep it within 14. I watched Lovelady play Centerville with only 4 down lineman the whole game and was able to stop there running game. That's pretty good because when Shelbyville or Carlisle plays Centerville they will have a tough time stopping them.

I will be at the game and I hope it will be a good game, because I'm coming. But I would bet anything that this will be a blow out. What has SA done that makes yall think they can play. Whoa they have athletes give me a break. That can only carry you so far.

What makes yall think this game will be close ???

Centerville is not the team from last year...

SA will take what you give them. Who has LL beaten?

not saying it means a lot, but a good leon team who had a midsession meltdown, they beat a centerville team who had major issues early on. Lovelady is a dang good team. And the fact that they are putting up 50 points a game and holding folks to 20 and below speaks volumes, no matter who you are playing.

I know nothing about LL at all. can't find film on em at all. Just looking at scores and competition they have faced its hard to believe they will come in and beat a fair SA team as some have posted 48-7. That's just silly. SA scored quite a few on a very physical Shelbyville team.

SA's problem is youth. Not lack of ability. it's lack of maturity. When young kids are trying really hard,they make mistakes. Kinda like Tenaha this season. But eventually for Tenaha the light finally came on. If SA can have that moment then they will give y'all a game.

What is troubling me about LL is they have never been tested. They have beaten bad teams. But have they ever been down? Have they ever had to play from behind? How will they respond to pressure? If SA gets up by 2 scores what will happen. Honestly,y'all don't know.

By the looks of some of the predictions I believe y'all have a false sense of security based on woodshedding really bad teams.

Will y'all beat SA? Possibly. But I don't think y'all have played anyone near their ability or with their tradition. Their are people in SA with rings on those hands. Bloodlines.

I know nothing about LL at all. can't find film on em at all. Just looking at scores and competition they have faced its hard to believe they will come in and beat a fair SA team as some have posted 48-7. That's just silly. SA scored quite a few on a very physical Shelbyville team.

SA's problem is youth. Not lack of ability. it's lack of maturity. When young kids are trying really hard,they make mistakes. Kinda like Tenaha this season. But eventually for Tenaha the light finally came on. If SA can have that moment then they will give y'all a game.

What is troubling me about LL is they have never been tested. They have beaten bad teams. But have they ever been down? Have they ever had to play from behind? How will they respond to pressure? If SA gets up by 2 scores what will happen. Honestly,y'all don't know.

By the looks of some of the predictions I believe y'all have a false sense of security based on woodshedding really bad teams.

Will y'all beat SA? Possibly. But I don't think y'all have played anyone near their ability or with their tradition. Their are people in SA with rings on those hands. Bloodlines.

this is the type of response I was expecting from you, Insightful and respectful, not the cry me a river or ya mad bro response.

this is the type of response I was expecting from you, Insightful and respectful, not the cry me a river or ya mad bro response.

boredom. oilfield is slow. gotta stop trolling. thank you. you woke me up.

yeah can't believe I was trolling LL considering the support we have gotten over the years from LLIONPRIDE.

lovelady's opponents won 28.4% of their games, SA's opponents won 54.3%

Your point is? All the games SA won was against losing record teams and some of there losses was against losing record teams during the regular season. So make a better point.. Ore City is not that good and there district was week.

Lovelady beat Groveton! So that means San Augustine and Joaquin are bad teams since they played Groveton close. Hey you said it.

boredom. oilfield is slow. gotta stop trolling. thank you. you woke me up.

yeah can't believe I was trolling LL considering the support we have gotten over the years from LLIONPRIDE.

Appreciate that GreezyChef. You know sometimes posters can get under your skin. I have gotten caught up in it several times and had to go back and check myself. There may be 1 or 2 on this thread from Lovelady besides myself, but I am not aware of any. So most of these BIG predictions are from NON-Lions. I promise we respect SA and you brought up some of the main points that concern me. 1. How will we respond if we get down? 2. We have not faced the kind of athletes that SA will put on the field Friday night. I tend to believe that Coach will have these guys prepared for anything, but you truly don't know until you have faced that adversity in the heat of battle.

Had some good conversations tonight at the girl's basketball game. My concerns leading up to the game Friday night have been put to rest. GAME ON!!! Still a couple of wait and see issues with injuries, but nothing we can't overcome. Looking for the Lions to be hitting on all cylinders when they take the field in Troup!!!!!