Beckville vs. Alto

jacketgrad06

Beckville vs Alto  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

You're right, I am not from Alto. But let's just say I have seen them play about 6 times in the past two years. They are state ranked for a reason, y'all have no chance. Too much speed for Beckville. For most of you who have not seen Alto play yet, they have speed at every position. Johnson is the real deal and unless you have people on defense that can contain him (which y'all don't) then you don't stand a chance

Since you have seen Beckville play, which player would you say may have the best speed on the team. Just curious, because it seems most people know so much about Alto and Beckville . Most people have not even seen both teams play in person. Like Carthage and Stafford, I would be willing to bet most posters haven't watched both teams play a game. Get on here and make a pick, but don't say "this team has no chance" when you have no way of knowing. Watching a team play 1 game doesn't make you an expert on said team. Just my two cents

Instigator , Im a Alto grad. Got family there. When someone just say Alto , I think FAMILY. Love the people there that have showed my Brother and family love in their time in need. Just didnt want people from Beckville thinking Alto dont respect their team

Same here. We backed our teams through the 2-8 seasons. And we back them now. We know that Alto is always good in football, and Beckville may win or get beat by 1 or 41. Either way, we will always BACK THE BLUE

• Like 1

Since you have seen Beckville play, which player would you say may have the best speed on the team. Just curious, because it seems most people know so much about Alto and Beckville . Most people have not even seen both teams play in person. Like Carthage and Stafford, I would be willing to bet most posters haven't watched both teams play a game. Get on here and make a pick, but don't say "this team has no chance" when you have no way of knowing. Watching a team play 1 game doesn't make you an expert on said team. Just my two cents

I have seen both. I would say 7 and 2 are the fastest. 7 really impresses me. I like those gray jerseys btw

Beckville is not lacking in speed. Have not posted till now,just sitting back reading.

Yes I believe Alto will win. But Beckville can give them a game. Especially if they can play ball control.

Beckville has enough speed to keep them in this game imho. Maybe not as fast top to bottom but they got a few that will not be outclassed by Alto.

Also feel like Beckville has faced a kid that can stop on a dime then accelerate and leave you standing there type of skill that KJ has. Although Burrell and KJ are quite different they both have amazing agility combined with great quickness.

Going off on a tangent here but agility is the greatest asset to a runner in my opinion. yeah speed helps but agility and acceleration are far more valuable.

Alto should win. They should win handedly, but if they come into this game looking past or down on Beckville they may be in for a surprise.

I'll be pulling for Alto the rest of the way. But guys, it is not going to be easy. Region 3 is good but these other regions are loaded. Whoever makes it out of that mess in region 4 will be tested. Crawford ain't no punk and District 1 is the best in the state. Good luck. Stay humble. And stay hungry. These next 5 week's is gonna be a helluva ride in 2a D1.

You Beckville homers kill me. Y'all are crazy if you think Beckville can beat Alto. Beckville has nobody to stop Johnson. He is a D1 recruit for a reason.

dude seriously what do you expect? we are all homers. I applaud Beckvilles fans for coming on here and bringing it. they have a lot to be proud of. that program has come a long long way in a short amount of time.

are they supposed to just roll over cause big bad Alto is coming? HELL NO. this is Texas high school football playoffs. Support your team! And enjoy every moment. Nothing is a given, just ask Mart.

dude seriously what do you expect? we are all homers. I applaud Beckvilles fans for coming on here and bringing it. they have a lot to be proud of. that program has come a long long way in a short amount of time.

are they supposed to just roll over cause big bad Alto is coming? HELL NO. this is Texas high school football playoffs. Support your team! And enjoy every moment. Nothing is a given, just ask Mart.

Nobody is bashing them for being proud of their team. Being proud of your team and thinking your team can beat Alto is two different things. I am sure Grapeland was proud of their team too after how bad they have been but I am sure they didn't expect to beat Alto?

that is the thing...

Everybody from Alto are knocking Beckville for showing pride in their program, and believing they can win this game. If the roles were reversed, would you feel like, Well i might as well not show up because they are going to win? How about showing some sportsmanship, tell Beckville good luck, and be happy for them and the success they have had? Why knock someone for supporting their team? Saying Beckville has NO chance to win this game is foolish. Everybody can be beat on any given night, and I am sure deep down you Alto folks know this. Do I think Alto will win this? Yes, I do, ,but I wouldn't get too overly cocky.

Nobody is bashing them for being proud of their team. Being proud of your team and thinking your team can beat Alto is two different things. I am sure Grapeland was proud of their team too after how bad they have been but I am sure they didn't expect to beat Alto?

as stated,we are all homers. expect to win. believe in your team. nothing is impossible.

You are comparing Beckville to Grapeland?... ummm... okay..? that is foolish

So by those remarks you act like you dont think this game will even be close? Any predictions on Alto's margin of victory?

You are comparing Beckville to Grapeland?... ummm... okay..? that is foolish

So by those remarks you act like you dont think this game will even be close? Any predictions on Alto's margin of victory?

No I am obviously not comparing Grapeland to Beckville as far as the team goes. Greezy said that Beckville should be proud because they have came a long ways in a short time, so has Grapeland. They have both drastically improved. But my point was, you didn't see Grapeland getting on here and saying they were going to win just because they back their team. I think its great that all you Beckville know it alls are getting on here and supporting your program. I hope yall all show up and fill the stands, but that is not going to change the outcome of the game. Which brings me back to my original point... it does not matter how much support yall give, yall do not stand a chance. Alto 49 - 21

that is the thing...

Everybody from Alto are knocking Beckville for showing pride in their program, and believing they can win this game. If the roles were reversed, would you feel like, Well i might as well not show up because they are going to win? How about showing some sportsmanship, tell Beckville good luck, and be happy for them and the success they have had? Why knock someone for supporting their team? Saying Beckville has NO chance to win this game is foolish. Everybody can be beat on any given night, and I am sure deep down you Alto folks know this. Do I think Alto will win this? Yes, I do, ,but I wouldn't get too overly cocky.

Who from Alto is bashing Beckville?

Definitely expecting a good game. Beckville has good players and are very well coached. The Gambles have been part of too many big games to not have them ready. I know the Jackets are expecting a fight. Should be a good one come Friday.

The last time I saw Beckville was 2 years ago vs Joaquin in Beckville. Then I saw them this year vs Joaquin in Beckville.

the change in 2 seasons was dramatic. night and day. That being said, I don't feel like they can matchup for 4 quarters with Alto this season. I'm basing this off of seeing Beckville and watching Tenaha/ Alto film. Y'all won't beat them like y'all beat us. it will be a much better game.

that is the thing...

I think you need to get your facts straight buddy. Nobody from Alto has been bashing Beckville at all. As I stated earlier, Alto is expecting a good game. We know Beckville is good and anything can happen. If you are talking about Instigator, as he said earlier, he is not from Alto.