Beckville vs. Alto

jacketgrad06

Beckville vs Alto  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

We respect the Gambles in Alto...I'm personally thankful for the winning tradition that they helped form here...However, the one thing that the Gambles couldn't take with them when they left is the Athletic ability and world class speed that runs deep for generations and generations...Don't forget we have a pretty good coach as well and he has been around his share of big games as well...Alto's physical play, speed, and athletic ability will prove too much in the end in this one..

I will have to pull for Beckville. District runner up vs. Alto district champs. You know ifs and buts, but the Beckville Shelbyville game had alot of distraction for Beckville. They can't afford any distraction this week.

Alto has had their share of distractions. They still haven't stumbled.

• Like 1

We respect the Gambles in Alto...I'm personally thankful for the winning tradition that they helped form here...However, the one thing that the Gambles couldn't take with them when they left is the Athletic ability and world class speed that runs deep for generations and generations...Don't forget we have a pretty good coach as well and he has been around his share of big games as well...Alto's physical play, speed, and athletic ability will prove too much in the end in this one..

Did you just say "world class speed" ? Lol, give me a break. y'all have some fast kids running around for sure but you don't even have the speed year in and year out of a Daingerfield, or a John Tyler, and you think you have "world class speed" . Do y'all have some Chris Johnson's running around I didn't know about? Or Usain Bolt's little brother? Hell as far as pure speed, there have been quite a few years that Tenaha is faster. Ask GreezY if he thinks they have "world class speed"

I mean seriously, Keenan Johnson is an incredible athlete. The best in 2A this year IMO, but he's great because of his size and strength to go along with it. It's an unmatched characteristic in 2A football to have a kid be that fast and so big and strong . (See Traylon Shead, or Malcom Kennedy) . But you are smoking some serious paoti, or should go watch some more and bigger classification football if you think he , or anyone on Alto is "world class speed" . I would recommend watching West Orange Stark play this year..

Now back to the game, Alto should win this game , but I sense a wholleeee lot of cockiness and a "they don't have a chance mentality" that I hope your kids don't have, or it could be a long night .

Also, just an FYI, since you think Beckville is full of terrible genes, and nobody else in East Texas has any good athletes ever in the history of football, you might want to realize Beckville has produced a very successful NFl player...

Did you just say "world class speed" ? Lol, give me a break. y'all have some fast kids running around for sure but you don't even have the speed year in and year out of a Daingerfield, or a John Tyler, and you think you have "world class speed" . Do y'all have some Chris Johnson's running around I didn't know about? Or Usain Bolt's little brother? Hell as far as pure speed, there have been quite a few years that Tenaha is faster. Ask GreezY if he thinks they have "world class speed"

I mean seriously, Keenan Johnson is an incredible athlete. The best in 2A this year IMO, but he's great because of his size and strength to go along with it. It's an unmatched characteristic in 2A football to have a kid be that fast and so big and strong . (See Traylon Shead, or Malcom Kennedy) . But you are smoking some serious paoti, or should go watch some more and bigger classification football if you think he , or anyone on Alto is "world class speed" . I would recommend watching West Orange Stark play this year..

Now back to the game, Alto should win this game , but I sense a wholleeee lot of cockiness and a "they don't have a chance mentality" that I hope your kids don't have, or it could be a long night .

Also, just an FYI, since you think Beckville is full of terrible genes, and nobody else in East Texas has any good athletes ever in the history of football, you might want to realize Beckville has produced a very successful NFl player...

Williams wasn't that good...and I'm a Chiefs fan!

Williams wasn't that good...and I'm a Chiefs fan!

Ok, he wasn't all-pro, but how many kids out of schools the size of ours end up in the NFL? I'm gonna guess the number is very small, which means it takes an exceptional athlete to even have a shot. SA, Tenaha, and Alto have all produced some outstanding athletes in recent years, and I don't remember any graduates from either of them playing in the NFL.

Ok, he wasn't all-pro, but how many kids out of schools the size of ours end up in the NFL? I'm gonna guess the number is very small, which means it takes an exceptional athlete to even have a shot. SA, Tenaha, and Alto have all produced some outstanding athletes in recent years, and I don't remember any graduates from either of them playing in the NFL.

Steve Loften played in NFL for Alto

• Like 1

We have blown big schools off of the track recently...ask Houston Wheatley...and we had a kid that had an offer from Nike to train with the Santa Monica track club and run with Michael Johnson...ask Gamble about him as he was his coach when he was here...poor life's decisions cost him his opportunity...and we too have had a successful NFL player lol...Bottom line is we have speed and that speed is what's going to kill Beckville this Friday night...and who knows, our next NFL player MIGHT be Keenen...anyway, Beckville has never hurt Alto and I don't look for it anytime soon

Swarming, there is an old saying, "don't count those chickens before they hatch". You may have a nice nest of eggs, but they may not all hatch out. Just something to chew on. You are right, Beckville has never hurt Alto before. But friend, we aren't playing with past teams, we are playing tomorrow night with the kids that are getting up right about now and going to school TODAY. And, I can assure you that this isn't the Beckville of old.

Swarming, there is an old saying, "don't count those chickens before they hatch". You may have a nice nest of eggs, but they may not all hatch out. Just something to chew on. You are right, Beckville has never hurt Alto before. But friend, we aren't playing with past teams, we are playing tomorrow night with the kids that are getting up right about now and going to school TODAY. And, I can assure you that this isn't the Beckville of old.

Man this is fun! I hope for safe travels for all ppl and an explosive game! Take care
  • Like 1

Now back to the game, Alto should win this game , but I sense a wholleeee lot of cockiness and a "they don't have a chance mentality" that I hope your kids don't have, or it could be a long night...

Haha look Stinky, I would like for you to point out this "wholleee lot of cockiness and don't have a chance mentality" You just want to stir the pot. There are only two people on here with that mentality. One is not even from Alto and the other is some person that just started an account yesterday. One bad egg making us look bad isn't a reflection of the entire place. And honestly I sense a whole lot of cockiness from Beckville too. So there you go lol. I mean they should feel cocky (or confident) if they want any chance to win just as you stated earlier but don't come on here calling everyone from alto out when it's been maybe one person. Most everyone else is expecting a good game. Beckville could very much win. If they do, don't say it's because we were cocky. It should be because team x was the better team. Of course, I'm going with Alto.... I've seen Joaquin people show a whole lot cockiness this year early in the year with their fellow district 10 people, but I guess when y'all do it, it's just considered fun and playing around. I've seen many teams do it. Just singled out Joaquin as an example cuz that's your team.

To sum it up, Alto people are expecting a good game. Beckville people the same thing. Both 100% believe they are going to win. Both teams taking each other seriously. That's how if should be. Going to be a good game. Who cares what fans on here say anyway. Won't effect the game.

• Like 2

We have blown big schools off of the track recently...ask Houston Wheatley...and we had a kid that had an offer from Nike to train with the Santa Monica track club and run with Michael Johnson...ask Gamble about him as he was his coach when he was here...poor life's decisions cost him his opportunity...and we too have had a successful NFL player lol...Bottom line is we have speed and that speed is what's going to kill Beckville this Friday night...and who knows, our next NFL player MIGHT be Keenen...anyway, Beckville has never hurt Alto and I don't look for it anytime soon

You are clearly Confused and missed about 10 different points I made in there so I'm just gonna let it be .

To sum it up, Alto people are expecting a good game. Beckville people the same thing. Both 100% believe they are going to win. Both teams taking each other seriously. That's how if should be. Going to be a good game. Who cares what fans on here say anyway. Won't effect the game.

Agreed that both teams are taking each other seriously despite the instigators. This should be a good match up. Both teams suffered similar injuries, one with a tragic result and the other with a miraculous one. Both teams are playing with a purpose. Both teams have the talent and capability to win. Regardless of the outcome, much respect on both sides for the other. Will be THE one to watch. #ben10 #altogether

Yea Alto has one, last name Loften I believe?

Beckville has 1

Celeste has 1 that was the receiver Joaquin played against in like 02. (Gandy's first year ) TJ rector maybe?

Surprisingly I don't believe Tenaha has had one.

The point I was making was, there are other schools in East Texas that have tremendous talent year in and year out, and not even them are claiming to have world class talent. Swarmin on em seems to think Gamble inherited the school for the little Debbie factory taste testers . Just as a fun fact, I believe Tatum has had 7 in the NFL, Daingerfield with 6, center with 2,

Haha look Stinky, I would like for you to point out this "wholleee lot of cockiness and don't have a chance mentality" You just want to stir the pot. There are only two people on here with that mentality. One is not even from Alto and the other is some person that just started an account yesterday. One bad egg making us look bad isn't a reflection of the entire place. And honestly I sense a whole lot of cockiness from Beckville too. So there you go lol. I mean they should feel cocky (or confident) if they want any chance to win just as you stated earlier but don't come on here calling everyone from alto out when it's been maybe one person. Most everyone else is expecting a good game. Beckville could very much win. If they do, don't say it's because we were cocky. It should be because team x was the better team. Of course, I'm going with Alto.... I've seen Joaquin people show a whole lot cockiness this year early in the year with their fellow district 10 people, but I guess when y'all do it, it's just considered fun and playing around. I've seen many teams do it. Just singled out Joaquin as an example cuz that's your team.

I guess it is that bad egg.. We definitely have em too! I'm glad the true Alto fans are expecting it to be competitive .

I will have to pull for Beckville. District runner up vs. Alto district champs. You know ifs and buts, but the Beckville Shelbyville game had alot of distraction for Beckville. They can't afford any distraction this week.

Alto had a game of the worse imaginable and still haven't missed a beat

KUMBAYA!!!!....KUMBAYA....KUMBAYA!!!!!!

Oh I'M cocky for believing my team is going to win!??? You want me to lie and tell you that I FEEL like Beckville has a chance when I DONT...So since I am a BELIEVER in my town's HS team, I am cocky??? It's my opinion..must be getting under your skin a bit eh??? Maybe that's because you are worried about the Jackets? I say what I say and that's because Beckville has not done anything to make me lose sleep...And as far as me missing your points goes, I don't care about your points...Hope for a healthy game and that's about it...I also hope that we light it up all 4 qtrs...See ya'll tomorrow

• Like 1