Beckville vs. Alto

jacketgrad06

Beckville vs Alto  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I remember back a few years ago Alto won the State Track Meet with 4 kids, 4x100 relay-41.2 sec, 4x200 relay- 1.24 min, and the 100 meters- 10.5, no one close to them. 5-4 in football that year, Garrison won 2A div. 2 state Football Championship, only one person went to Regional in track, he was a high jumper. Speed kills, but football players will beat you. Both teams have football players, it coming to depend on who has the most. Good luck to both teams, I dont have a dog in the fight. I do know both staffs, no one gets out coached. Hope its a great game.

• Like 1

I remember back a few years ago Alto won the State Track Meet with 4 kids, 4x100 relay-41.2 sec, 4x200 relay- 1.24 min, and the 100 meters- 10.5, no one close to them. 5-4 in football that year, Garrison won 2A div. 2 state Football Championship, only one person went to Regional in track, he was a high jumper. Speed kills, but football players will beat you. Both teams have football players, it coming to depend on who has the most. Good luck to both teams, I dont have a dog in the fight. I do know both staffs, no one gets out coached. Hope its a great game.

1:25.96

2003 Garrison Bulldogs had plenty of speed at them runningback positions that year as well. Probably didn't run track.

Williams wasn't that good...and I'm a Chiefs fan!

Got paid a hell of alot of money from 3 teams not be good. I can set up a time for him to meet you and let you explain what he needed to do to be better. Great person Williams is. He never forgot were he was from and gave $to many for youth teams.

• Like 1

Ok, he wasn't all-pro, but how many kids out of schools the size of ours end up in the NFL? I'm gonna guess the number is very small, which means it takes an exceptional athlete to even have a shot. SA, Tenaha, and Alto have all produced some outstanding athletes in recent years, and I don't remember any graduates from either of them playing in the NFL.

Dominique Edison from SA was drafted by the Titans in 09

Got paid a hell of alot of money from 3 teams not be good. I can set up a time for him to meet you and let you explain what he needed to do to be better. Great person Williams is. He never forgot were he was from and gave $to many for youth teams.

Maybe I'm just bitter that he went to the Chargers after the Chiefs lol

1:25.96

2003 Garrison Bulldogs had plenty of speed at them runningback positions that year as well. Probably didn't run track.

It's been 11 years, you knock of about .04 sec per year because of old timmers disease, and they did run in lane 8 in both relays, and the 1.24 was at regional, second fastest time in state all classes, and Thacker ran just as fast as he needed to in the 100, he ran a 10.5 at the Huntsville meet. It didn't matter how fast Garrisons backs were, it was those beast up front that made them good.

Josh Moore , he's an Alto grad and played a little college ball at SHSU, actually played under Gamble a couple years , he knows a thing or two about some plays in Beckville playbook ie: veer , sweeps , ect.

He's the reason you got your Smoaky handle, he used to throw 90 fly out of Red formation to you.

You can set up a time for someone to meet him? Well, aren't ya a cool one.

Yea Alto has one, last name Loften I believe?

Beckville has 1

Celeste has 1 that was the receiver Joaquin played against in like 02. (Gandy's first year ) TJ rector maybe?

Surprisingly I don't believe Tenaha has had one.

The point I was making was, there are other schools in East Texas that have tremendous talent year in and year out, and not even them are claiming to have world class talent. Swarmin on em seems to think Gamble inherited the school for the little Debbie factory taste testers . Just as a fun fact, I believe Tatum has had 7 in the NFL, Daingerfield with 6, center with 2,

In a year or two regional davis will graduate from texas tech then he will go to the nfl imo.

its gonna look like world class speed Friday night lol

According to my "old folk syndrome" I have seen 2-3 kids with National class speed....only 2 from Alto.....the Loftin kid in the 100/200,,,84/85/86 and the Hackney kid and THAT was as an alt, on the TCU 4x400 relay team that won the national championship in like 1992/3..might have been later....I have slept since then...and the Blanton kid from Forney.....got any of those in your back pocket??.....maybe swarming is looking thru those "rose tinted glasses" and seeing "the blurrr"

Not that I have a right to be speaking here but .. A few years back, Kevin Pope came to Joaquin and was one of the best Rb in ET. And left town with 79 yards and he has had a good career at SMU. You gotta have those other 10 to make the world go round!! And alto has always had those "other 10", but what's always been bad for everyone else, 3-4 of the 10 were as good as the "1". It just the way it is sometimes. I hope our district mates can pull it out but mho is alto will be too much.

He had 68 yards on 26 carries! And a passing td.

According to my "old folk syndrome" I have seen 2-3 kids with National class speed....only 2 from Alto.....the Loftin kid in the 100/200,,,84/85/86 and the Hackney kid and THAT was as an alt, on the TCU 4x400 relay team that won the national championship in like 1992/3..might have been later....I have slept since then...and the Blanton kid from Forney.....got any of those in your back pocket??.....maybe swarming is looking thru those "rose tinted glasses" and seeing "the blurrr"

Two out of three ain't bad...dont forget to holler at me tomorrow night after I take those glasses off and tell me what you thought of the game lol