Waskom vs Gunter (Area Round)

1WildCat

Waskom vs Gunter  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tigers avenge the 49-15 loss to Waskom last season?

Sorry guys East tx flag football season has ended...You have now entered contact season...You know when you get hit and you can't taste nothing...Gunter 28 Waskom 22

I remember Gunter saying the same thing when we played in quarter finals in 2010 and we killed them

I was curious as to how we compared to last years team so here's a little comparison of 2014 and 2015. These number are through the first 11 games of each season. In 2014 Waskom outscored opponents 551-214 and this year it's 546-109 which includes 6 shutouts. Wow! So basically the offense has remained as dynamic as last year and the D is playing faster, harder, and even more physical than last year!

Hmmmmm, FASTER, HARDER, MORE PHYSICAL!! Seems I've heard that from somewhere before!! (GP22) ;)

The Waskom Wildcats (11-0) will be facing the Gunter Tigers (8-3) in the Area Round of the playoffs. Waskom is avg 55 ppg and defense is giving up 9 ppg. Gunter's offense is scoring at a clip of 35 ppg and their defense is giving up 15 ppg. What cha thunk?? Will Gunter avenge their loss to the Wildcats in last years playoffs?

I thunk NOT!!

Hearing Friday, November 20 (my birthday) @7:30 @ Mt Pleasant.

We are "Home"

My bday is this weekend too, looks like were gonna have a good one
  • Like 1

I guess if the worst thing about this season is having to go back a page or 2 to get to the Waskom threads on Smoaky, it ain't been a bad year. Got spoiled in the last 2 years with all the Widcat naysayers trying to push them back to Homecoming guest status. Since most folks believe in them now, there has not been a lot of smack about them. JJ makes his little remarks, but anybody can see he really don't believe it. Good guys up at HS, but they have not had much to smack about since the district game 3 years ago. Now Waskom faces Gunter who was thought to be formidable last year and this thread is nowhere near the top. I am relegated to reading mostly Arp and PP threads. Teams that in game ONE were no threat to Waskom. Guess I will get back to work now.

• Like 1

Ya know it's not necessarily a bad thing, that teams are not a threat anymore.. Hahahaha

. I surely do not wish to come across arrogant as I, as all of you posters know anybody is beatable in the right circumstances. Who would have ever thought that Tatum would collapse to such a level when their expectations were so high? Waskom has been fortunate to stay healthy for 2 straight seasons. Let us hope that fortune continues and these kids get to prove that Waskom was more than 4 talented running backs.

I guess if the worst thing about this season is having to go back a page or 2 to get to the Waskom threads on Smoaky, it ain't been a bad year. Got spoiled in the last 2 years with all the Widcat naysayers trying to push them back to Homecoming guest status. Since most folks believe in them now, there has not been a lot of smack about them. JJ makes his little remarks, but anybody can see he really don't believe it. Good guys up at HS, but they have not had much to smack about since the district game 3 years ago. Now Waskom faces Gunter who was thought to be formidable last year and this thread is nowhere near the top. I am relegated to reading mostly Arp and PP threads. Teams that in game ONE were no threat to Waskom. Guess I will get back to work now.

You and I both know Waskom dint want to play Arp twice. Gotta through a,Lone Oak Team first but make no mistake about it. We,plan on beating yall!