Waskom vs Gunter (Area Round)

1WildCat

Waskom vs Gunter  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tigers avenge the 49-15 loss to Waskom last season?

Wonder who their leading rusher was. I watched highlights against Grand Saline and it appeared that the QB had the majority of the carries. I agree our LB's should have a field day come Friday night. Some ribs gonna get tickled for sure!! ;)

Gunter is RB by committee this year. QB is the leading rusher on the team, and has a very good arm as well. Hopefully will be a better contest than the Regional Final last year. I look for the Gunter offense to be more successful this year compared to last as they can do a few more things. Waskom is the best team in the state for a reason as they are very efficient on offense and the defense is very stifling. I've read a lot from Waskom posters this year that they believe their defense is better compared to last, and I have to disagree. Losing KJ at free safety was a big loss, and I feel as though the d line was much better last year as well. Good luck to you boys from Waskom this week, and like I said last year, if Gunter doesn't win it all, I hope y'all do. Have a lot of respect for where the Waskom program has come from to where it's at now. To all the Wildcat fans traveling to Mt. Pleasant Friday, be safe and I hope for a highly competitive game.

• Like 3

Gunter is RB by committee this year. QB is the leading rusher on the team, and has a very good arm as well. Hopefully will be a better contest than the Regional Final last year. I look for the Gunter offense to be more successful this year compared to last as they can do a few more things. Waskom is the best team in the state for a reason as they are very efficient on offense and the defense is very stifling. I've read a lot from Waskom posters this year that they believe their defense is better compared to last, and I have to disagree. Losing KJ at free safety was a big loss, and I feel as though the d line was much better last year as well. Good luck to you boys from Waskom this week, and like I said last year, if Gunter doesn't win it all, I hope y'all do. Have a lot of respect for where the Waskom program has come from to where it's at now. To all the Wildcat fans traveling to Mt. Pleasant Friday, be safe and I hope for a highly competitive game.

There's no doubt that losing KJ at safety was a big loss, but this years defense as a whole is faster than last years. I believe this game hinges on whether or not Waskom can contain #12. This should be a good a game. Good luck to both teams.

I also was thinking the o line was slow but the backs and qb can roll (not a Wildcat roll but you know)...However, did you notice the leg on their field goal kicker? I must admit I was impressed with him!

Their kicker is that good? Is he better than ours?

You folks enjoy a safe trip as well. If based on "yards allowed", "ppg" and shutouts, then this years version of the Cat "D" is better hands down. KJ could stick, think he was 3rd on team last year with around 140 tackles when everything was said and done, and no one on the field was faster for sure. Hard NOT to miss a kid like that. The ones in there this year have performed at a level that has really impressed and definitely surprised a lot of folks. Thank you for the observation and kind words.

I'm seeing some posts of some of you looking at the Grand Saline highlights. You should probably be aware that Gunter got up 39-0 in the first quarter of that game, and the starters (most of them) were pulled in the second quarter. The vast majority of those clips (#7 QB, #11 RB, etc. - the players people are mentioning) are not even second-stringers. They are JV kids that got pulled up when their season was over and the playoffs started. If Waskom was going to play the Gunter JV, I wouldn't even bother going to the game! Though, I still pick Waskom over the first-string Tigers by 2 scores - I hope it's closer than that though. Good luck to both sides. Hopefully, I can find it streaming somewhere. Anyone know where that will be?

Obviously you don't know much about how Waskom's D line works. Their job is to keeps O linemen off of the linebackers. By giving up only 109 pts in 11 games. I would say they have done an outstanding job.

I will have to check Gunter's kicker out later... I'm driving. Did you get to see our kicker (#10, Tarango)? He kicked multiple 30-40 yard field goals and put kickoffs into the endzone on a regular basis. Put at least a couple out the back of the endzone. Thats why I asked. If he's better than that, he's a lock to go D1.

"Montae Reagor" from the 1994 Waxahachie Indian Football. He can remind you of another highly recruited outstanding football player that will be playing this Friday night in Mount Pleasant. While their size is different, their ability to find the ball and athletically arrive at contact with power and passion is noticeably unfair to others. Their pursuit angles they take aren't seen but only in their eyes and on film with the rewind button.

This Saturday morning go and check the papers and internet forums to compare the "2015 Waskom Football Team" and they will be consistent with the "1994 Waxahachie Football Team ".....both were highly ranked......reserved transportation and such for the next weeks game.....star athlete(s)....but lost to an unranked team......... in the second round.

Waxahachie and the rest of Texas learned that year that just because you have outstanding athlete(s) and you won state the year before and/or maybe your team is better than your team from last year; doesn't necessarily mean you're better than your opponent that you will be playing each Friday night.

Last year was and still is last year. Many of us High School Football fans fell in love with the passion and production showcased in Van, Texas and Arlington, Texas by Waskom. But I remind you, but most importantly encourage you to remind others that Waskom is playing Gunter which is custom to playing playoff football in the Great State of Texas for many years, not just three.

So let's respect all teams that are playing football rather than basketball at this time of year and leave the "mud hole stompin'" to those who give it, not to those who "think" it. This will be a great game, PERIOD! Great athletes, a lot of great athletes in this game, on both teams.

#ambush

G.I.O.I.