Waskom vs Gunter (Area Round)

1WildCat

Waskom vs Gunter  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tigers avenge the 49-15 loss to Waskom last season?

Made my point.

Sorry Cameroe, my emotions get the best of me too. When you got a kid out there (mine) playing his guts out and being a good sportsman, it's disappointing to see such a great player from the other team behave that way. I watch the game again and it looked like Gunter had 15 guys out there on defense. Can't say enough about how well prepared they were and how well they played. I still stand by my point that the refs made some questionable calls against both teams. Probably hurt Gunter more than Waskom. At this level, those guys need to step up too. They are not volunteers, they are professionals

If neither of the calls hurt, why even bring it up? Waskom won the game. There are no Gunter fans here complaining about officiating, and they would probably have a few calls to point out themselves. Some of which did have an impact. Yet the vast majority acknowledge that the better team won without feeling the need to point out bad calls.

#58 is a passionate player. He's a good kid that has trouble containing his emotions. Blindly labeling him a dirty player is naive. Someone has already pointed out that some of you people are just relentless. I completely agree.

Here is a comment from that dirty player you speak of on the Friday Night Football app chat section :

"#58 here. Congrats waskom y'all deserved the win. Go win it all. I apologize for losing my cool. It was unnecessary and undisciplined of me."

Sounds like a pretty classy kid to me. But hey, I bet you will find something bad to point out about it. Relentless.

Mr. Camero - I went back and watch the entire game again and watched Gunter's # 58 on every play he was in. Boy what can you say, late hits, punches, hitting players while they were already on the ground. aggressively looking to hit other players in the back on the back side of plays. hands to the face, etc. Then offering a hand to help them up. On the play he got tossed on, he was laying on top of the Waskom player - Waskom player face down, #58 face up laying on top of him. Play was to his offside, he lunges his body upwards and then back down into the Waskom players lower back. Intending to hurt him. Seriously hurt him. These were not isolated incidents, this went on play after play. He should have been tossed in the 1st half. Go and watch the game and speak from an informed position.. Don't post your dumba$$ comments on here until you have all of the facts. Yea, I'm #### because my kid was one of the ones that was on the receiving end of some cheap a$$ late shots from #58. If he plays the game the way it is intended to be played, he's an average player at best. I guarantee damn tee you that the proud Gunter football tradition does operate that way nor does any other football program in Texas. Speaking up after the fact is good but it's still after the fact. Like you chucklehead. Making excuses for his poor behavior

"#58 here. Congrats waskom y'all deserved the win. Go win it all. I apologize for losing my cool. It was unnecessary and undisciplined of me." So he lost his cool from the opening kickoff until he got tossed. Bullsh&^ I say.

Mr. Camero - I went back and watch the entire game again and watched Gunter's # 58 on every play he was in. Boy what can you say, late hits, punches, hitting players while they were already on the ground. aggressively looking to hit other players in the back on the back side of plays. hands to the face, etc. Then offering a hand to help them up. On the play he got tossed on, he was laying on top of the Waskom player - Waskom player face down, #58 face up laying on top of him. Play was to his offside, he lunges his body upwards and then back down into the Waskom players lower back. Intending to hurt him. Seriously hurt him. These were not isolated incidents, this went on play after play. He should have been tossed in the 1st half. Go and watch the game and speak from an informed position.. Don't post your dumba$$ comments on here until you have all of the facts. Yea, I'm #### because my kid was one of the ones that was on the receiving end of some cheap a$$ late shots from #58. If he plays the game the way it is intended to be played, he's an average player at best. I guarantee damn tee you that the proud Gunter football tradition does operate that way nor does any other football program in Texas. Speaking up after the fact is good but it's still after the fact. Like you chucklehead. Making excuses for his poor behavior

"#58 here. Congrats waskom y'all deserved the win. Go win it all. I apologize for losing my cool. It was unnecessary and undisciplined of me." So he lost his cool from the opening kickoff until he got tossed. Bullsh&^ I say.

I've never seen so much whining from the winning team. You must win the game and degrade a 17 year old player too. It must be total domination.

I've never seen so much whining from the winning team. You must win the game and degrade a 17 year old player too. It must be total domination.

Again watch the game again, I'm sure he is a fine young man. Not degrading him personally, just his play last night. Facts are facts. And yes it was total domination 2 years in a row. Store the football equipment again and get the gym ready for some BB in Gunter. Hope to see you again next year...