Waskom vs Gunter (Area Round)

1WildCat

Waskom vs Gunter  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tigers avenge the 49-15 loss to Waskom last season?

"Montae Reagor" from the 1994 Waxahachie Indian Football. He can remind you of another highly recruited outstanding football player that will be playing this Friday night in Mount Pleasant. While their size is different, their ability to find the ball and athletically arrive at contact with power and passion is noticeably unfair to others. Their pursuit angles they take aren't seen but only in their eyes and on film with the rewind button.

This Saturday morning go and check the papers and internet forums to compare the "2015 Waskom Football Team" and they will be consistent with the "1994 Waxahachie Football Team ".....both were highly ranked......reserved transportation and such for the next weeks game.....star athlete(s)....but lost to an unranked team......... in the second round.

Waxahachie and the rest of Texas learned that year that just because you have outstanding athlete(s) and you won state the year before and/or maybe your team is better than your team from last year; doesn't necessarily mean you're better than your opponent that you will be playing each Friday night.

Last year was and still is last year. Many of us High School Football fans fell in love with the passion and production showcased in Van, Texas and Arlington, Texas by Waskom. But I remind you, but most importantly encourage you to remind others that Waskom is playing Gunter which is custom to playing playoff football in the Great State of Texas for many years, not just three.

So let's respect all teams that are playing football rather than basketball at this time of year and leave the "mud hole stompin'" to those who give it, not to those who "think" it. This will be a great game, PERIOD! Great athletes, a lot of great athletes in this game, on both teams.

#ambush

G.I.O.I.

1WildCat I'll leave this one to you.

"Montae Reagor" from the 1994 Waxahachie Indian Football. He can remind you of another highly recruited outstanding football player that will be playing this Friday night in Mount Pleasant. While their size is different, their ability to find the ball and athletically arrive at contact with power and passion is noticeably unfair to others. Their pursuit angles they take aren't seen but only in their eyes and on film with the rewind button.

This Saturday morning go and check the papers and internet forums to compare the "2015 Waskom Football Team" and they will be consistent with the "1994 Waxahachie Football Team ".....both were highly ranked......reserved transportation and such for the next weeks game.....star athlete(s)....but lost to an unranked team......... in the second round.

Waxahachie and the rest of Texas learned that year that just because you have outstanding athlete(s) and you won state the year before and/or maybe your team is better than your team from last year; doesn't necessarily mean you're better than your opponent that you will be playing each Friday night.

Last year was and still is last year. Many of us High School Football fans fell in love with the passion and production showcased in Van, Texas and Arlington, Texas by Waskom. But I remind you, but most importantly encourage you to remind others that Waskom is playing Gunter which is custom to playing playoff football in the Great State of Texas for many years, not just three.

So let's respect all teams that are playing football rather than basketball at this time of year and leave the "mud hole stompin'" to those who give it, not to those who "think" it. This will be a great game, PERIOD! Great athletes, a lot of great athletes in this game, on both teams.

#ambush

G.I.O.I.

Thanks for the Gunter love letter but whats your point ? Do you think waskom is on a 27 game winning streak because we over look and take teams for granted? Its the 2nd round of the playoffs-- ALL the remaining teams are good and some are great. Thats what we are trying to figure at this point- good or great.

I'll wait until after the game. Win or lose on our parts, my response will be the same. It'll have to do with all the teams around that has enjoyed a "winning tradition" vs our "three year string of success"!!

1WildCat I'll leave this one to you.

I hear you. I didn't like the comment about "reserving transportation for next weeks game." So Gunter hasn't made any plans for next week in the event they win. What does this guy think, teams wait until Thursday afternoon to get a field reserved, buses reserved, band and cheerleaders ready, etc. Gunter hasn't been in contact with Arp or Lone Oak about next week? Wake up dude..

#ambush

G.I.O.I.

Ugh thank you but we got all this attitude spoof down by now i do believe! Yes we are cocky and have some ostentatious passion but we are all well aware!

I've never bought into the whole playoff experience thing. This isn't Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs. While Gunter does have an impressive 17 consecutive playoff appearances (I think it's 17), at the absolute most, the kids were on those teams for four years at a time. There is literally guaranteed to be a 100% turnover every four years. The experience as a fan sitting in the stands well into November 17 years running doesn't count as playoff experience. The seniors on the Waskom sideline will very likely have more meaningful playoff experience than the seniors on the Gunter sideline. You have to completely ignore the fact that Waskom managed to do something last year that Gunter has NEVER done despite having more experience to think the 17 year streak means something. This experience being talked about is an illusion. I wish the real world worked that way. I could put on my resume that I have 80 years of plumbing experience since I worked at Roto Rooter for four years. That would be nice!

I'll be cheering for Gunter in this game (but I think they will lose), and I appreciate the tradition, but let's not get carried away here.

Waskom 42

Gunter 24

• Like 1

I've never bought into the whole playoff experience thing. This isn't Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs. While Gunter does have an impressive 17 consecutive playoff appearances (I think it's 17), at the absolute most, the kids were on those teams for four years at a time. There is literally guaranteed to be a 100% turnover every four years. The experience as a fan sitting in the stands well into November 17 years running doesn't count as playoff experience. The seniors on the Waskom sideline will very likely have more meaningful playoff experience than the seniors on the Gunter sideline. You have to completely ignore the fact that Waskom managed to do something last year that Gunter has NEVER done despite having more experience to think the 17 year streak means something. This experience being talked about is an illusion. I wish the real world worked that way. I could put on my resume that I have 80 years of plumbing experience since I worked at Roto Rooter for four years. That would be nice!

I'll be cheering for Gunter in this game (but I think they will lose), and I appreciate the tradition, but let's not get carried away here.

Waskom 42

Gunter 24

Well said.............and I don't know about an "Easy One"............... I think our boys will have a chore winning tonight ....................... safe travels everyone

Waskom 49

Gunter 16

I see Gunter coming in to avenge the drubbing of last year. If Waskom makes some mistakes and lets them start to believe, it could get tight. If Waskom comes out like they should, shut down the first drive, get ahead, Gunter might not believe anymore. Hope for safe travels to everyone involved. 7 hours to go!