Pittsburg vs Argyle

EasyD

Pittsburg vs Argyle  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

That was pre-district I believe, Celina is D2

Yep...it was. Bottom line, IMO, is that Pittsburg has to stop the run. Courious what Celina did and what limited Argyle to only 326 yards against Paris. Paris is not known for a stout defense. Pittsburg's receivers had a good night with #7 having his best game this year. #4 had a good night and Baca threw well. Having said that we will have to play even better. Fewer penalties next week. False starts hurt us.

I really don't think a team like Argyle playing the district they did will effect them. We've seen teams play in weak districts and still go on to run the table. Gilmer & Argyle last year most recently comes to mind, although Argyle fell a little short in the SC game. I see this game being a dogfight, Argyle offense is explosive but Pitt has a pretty stingy D. If Argyle wants to win they're going to have to do it through the air because that run D for Pitt is stout. Pitt wins if they can win the battle in the trenches. They have to be able to control the LOS and force this game to be won on the perimeter.

Yep...it was. Bottom line, IMO, is that Pittsburg has to stop the run. Courious what Celina did and what limited Argyle to only 326 yards against Paris. Paris is not known for a stout defense. Pittsburg's receivers had a good night with #7 having his best game this year. #4 had a good night and Baca threw well. Having said that we will have to play even better. Fewer penalties next week. False starts hurt us.

Celina's defense is very stout and they did something they haven't done in years when playing Argyle, Celina controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides. Argyle doesn't lose this game they are to well coached and have to many good players.

Argyle wins by 3 to 4 tds

So how good is D7...really. LE almost beat by Van, Pittsburgh taken to the wire by Crandall (Crandall led most of the way), Paris taken out by Kaufman and Princeton hammered by Athens. Been hearing "best district in 4A" and D7 sweep stuff for a week now. I don't believe they are as good as they think. Rate the LE loss to Gilmer now, who just snuck by Pleasant Grove last night 40-36. I was at the Pitt game last night and came away wondering what all the hype was about. Pitt looks like a pretty good team but great, no way. Crandall is really small and only had one real offensive threat, a Sophomore WR, and Crandall moved the ball effectively on the "best defense in 4A" most of the night. That really small Oline from Crandall did a great job. Argyle doesn't have a tiny line by any means. Argyle has 5 legit weapons on O and Argyles D is fast and aggressive. Front 5 is nasty and will pressure the QB. Pitt may win this game but they are going to have to play their best game of the year, play penalty and mistake free, and get some help from Argyle to do so.

First of all, Gilmer is 11-0 sooo i'd say a loss to them is about as good as a loss can be. I think Pitt will def be the best defense ya'll will have faced this year, I haven't watched every team play so i'm not gonna rank them but I know they are good, really good. Giving up 17 offensive points to Crandall isn't bad.

I do think our O-line vs Argyle D-line is a match up to watch bc we need to have some time to get the passing game going. I am sure Argyle has a good D-line so this is really important.

What I am really courious about is did Argyle have a bad game against Paris or did Paris have a great game against Argyle? 326 yards total offense against Paris isn't that good. I know Argyle used their second team kicker. One time.

Well we had a freshman make his first varsity start at QB for us that night as Ledford was dealing with injury. Carter will be a good one but definitely a tough game to make your first start. I think he is 14. Ledford entered the game in the 2nd quarter and was able to play into the 3rd but had to leave again so the Frosh played from mid-3rd or so on to finish the game. Beyond that we had a couple of long TD passes called back. Otherwise that's about it. Defense was the story in that one.

Well we had a freshman make his first varsity start at QB for us that night as Ledford was dealing with injury. Carter will be a good one but definitely a tough game to make your first start. I think he is 14. Ledford entered the game in the 2nd quarter and was able to play into the 3rd but had to leave again so the Frosh played from mid-3rd or so on to finish the game. Beyond that we had a couple of long TD passes called back. Otherwise that's about it. Defense was the story in that one.

Think he could start again this Friday?

I'm curious to hear who Aguilafanatico thinks has a better defense Pitt or Celina. The only reason I say that is Celina's defense is really good and Argyle still scored 36 points on them.

I guess we will find out this week. Celina is just really good this year, no doubt about it. I expect Celina to be in Houston in December. The game we had earlier in the year was a war. Argyle just never could seem to climb the mountain that night. Every time we would make a run, you guys would respond. We have made some changes since that night but nevertheless, Celina is the real deal. Based only on what I saw last night I would have to say Celina is better but you know how it is, it's not apples to apples till we play Pitt.