Pittsburg vs Argyle

EasyD

Pittsburg vs Argyle  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Argyle averages 185 passing and 168 rushing. Pitt averages 189 passing and 265 rushing for 11 games. Yet Argyle has averaged 55.4 pts/game and Pitt has averaged 44.1 pts/game. Looks like Argyle has played with short fields and played their backups quite a bit more minutes. Argyle's district is just not very competitive. Also, the Argyle defense has been responsible for quite a few scores this season.....that adds to the scoring average but does nothing for the offensive stats. In summary, I don't think you can look at offensive stats to get a true gauge of these teams. Pitt has obviously played a much more competitive schedule the past 5 weeks than Argyle has. Argyle is very healthy and well rested, but could be prone to make more mistakes and becoming fatigued in the 4th quarter from not playing enough minutes the last 5 weeks. In a game like this between 2 very competitive teams, all factors must be taken into consideration.

Argyle averages 185 passing and 168 rushing. Pitt averages 189 passing and 265 rushing for 11 games. Yet Argyle has averaged 55.4 pts/game and Pitt has averaged 44.1 pts/game. Looks like Argyle has played with short fields and played their backups quite a bit more minutes. Argyle's district is just not very competitive. Also, the Argyle defense has been responsible for quite a few scores this season.....that adds to the scoring average but does nothing for the offensive stats. In summary, I don't think you can look at offensive stats to get a true gauge of these teams. Pitt has obviously played a much more competitive schedule the past 5 weeks than Argyle has. Argyle is very healthy and well rested, but could be prone to make more mistakes and becoming fatigued in the 4th quarter from not playing enough minutes the last 5 weeks. In a game like this between 2 very competitive teams, all factors must be taken into consideration.

I concur

Very good post, I really do hope Pitt wins, but it will take almost a perfect game on offense & defense. The penalties have to be kept to a minimum & we need to take advantage of every opportunity that Argyle gives us (I.e. Turnovers). We have yet to play a solid complete game, since Atlanta, so maybe we can make this game another one. It will be tough no doubt, but any team is beatable.

Best post yet.

i love Smoaky. Always a ton of chest thumping then when you point out a few facts that don't necessarily jive with all the hype and folks get defensive. Relax LE 92, nobody saying LE isn't good just maybe showing a few kinks in the armor? As for D7, the fact remains that 2 of the 4 teams from the best district in the state were 1 and done. The top two struggled to win. Just Sayin. Ok, ok. LE is incredible and unbeatable, Pittsburg has the best D in the state and is another incredible team. Princeton and Paris had bad games or they would certainly have won. Feel better?

The top two struggled to win

Easy now Afanatico..LE was up 41-14 late and just got sloppy and a couple of things happened to help the cause for Van. With that said

Argyle 35

Pitt 30

No way Pitt scores 30 points on Argyle. I watched some film on the pirates earlier, Baca has a good arm and accurate and the oline blocks good and Pitt looks to be a good team, but Argyle is still a lot better. Pitt will need 3 or 4 turnovers and scores to win I believe.

No way Pitt scores 30 points on Argyle. I watched some film on the pirates earlier, Baca has a good arm and accurate and the oline blocks good and Pitt looks to be a good team, but Argyle is still a lot better. Pitt will need 3 or 4 turnovers and scores to win I believe.

I agree with you Big Orange somewhat, I believe Argyle has the edge (mainly based from experience), but regardless who wins, both teams could the Dallas Cowgirls. As far as 30 points on Argyle, anything is possible, many thought there would never be a black president and we all know how that turned out, so 30 points against Argyle is always possible, especially with an explosive offense that Pitt can bring to the table.

If we don't turn the ball over and our kicking (punting) game doesn't go south, Argyle won't score 35 on Pittsburg.

It is an honor to host this game between an Argyle team that has proven itself to be one of the best programs in the state in the last several years. Pittsburg is playing lights out and also continues to be one of the most prominent state and East Texas football programs.

Argyle vs. Pittsburg could be one of the games of the year, not just the week. I know we are all excited to host the Argylians and the Pittsburgians. They have been on Royse City turf before, but this will be their best welcome ever. A welcome to their team and fans and a welcome to Texas High School fans from all over that will be traveling to watch this Mega-Playoff Game!

Come out and see a good one. We will have the best of everything waiting for all of you.

We not only host playoff football games, but we host the BEST playoff football games!

Argyle Eagles (10-1) vs. Pittsburg Pirates (10-1)

Friday Night, November 20, 2015

7:30 p.m. Kickoff

Royse City ISD Stadium

Royse City, Texas

Note: Some new additions to our community...A brand new Walmart opened last week. a brand new CVS Pharmacy opened last week. We have hotels and plentiful restaurants and several fast food places and we believe everything you need to make your playoff game experience the best you can find anywhere!

RCISD Stadium Flyer (3).jpg

• Like 1

I am impressed with this. You need to be a dave campbell's correspondent or something haha