Pittsburg vs Argyle

EasyD

Pittsburg vs Argyle  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Micotrav, are you guys booked up for your Saturday slots?

Not sure, but the last I heard we had a Saturday afternoon (2:00) that may have been cancelled, but I think Saturday night could be available . The new Stadium Manager can confirm that tomorrow, so don't quote me on that. This week and next week especially, Saturdays are requested because the travel distances increase. I'm sure that may be why some like to play Thursday and Fridays because it gives them an extra day or two to rest up. I know it is a long drive, but in the worst case, everyone should be home by midnight. The coaches usually have the same ritual during playoff season and I know this is usually the last opportunity, if you will, to get a Thursday game played. The next week is Thanksgiving and I know we welcome two or three games either Friday or Saturday or both! Anyway, our Stadium managers phone normally rings constantly after Friday night games and on the weekend.

RCISD Stadium Flyer (3).jpg

• Like 1

Pitt can pull the upset if the oline play is better than the recent past and the stupid penalties cease. Otherwise, it could be a long night.

I'm hoping for the upset. Especially with certain arrogant pot stirrers posting.

Some posters are like skunks under a deck. They stay there awhile and stink up the place then leave.

It's become clear to the Argyllians that Brian Baca is a very talented qb leading this Pitt Pirates team here in his senior season. Not only that, but his brother Brad is the AD/Head Coach of Pitt ISD and a former qb/rb that played in college. Not only that, but Brad also was OC/Qb coach at Chapel Hill during their State Championship and State Final seasons. He has a great resume for such a young AD/Head Coach. Naturally, we assume that younger brother Brian is made of the same stuff and has been coached up over the years by big brother. Just looking at the stats tells most of what Argyle needs to know about this season's Pitt Pirates team......stop or slow down Baca and you have cut their offense in half. Kudos to the Baca Brothers for helping Pittsburg to have such a successful season. I'm certain the football program at Pitt is now in very capable hands for many years to come. Baca will get his completions and yards, and so will Tray Walker and Porter at receiver, but just how many yards against this tough Eagles defense is the question burning to be answered for everyone come Friday night in Royse City. This is shaping up to be a real barnburner of a game, folks. And that facility is just an awesome place for this type of big game atmosphere. GO EAGLES!!!

• Like 1

It's just unfortunate that so many really good football teams will be eliminated in this week's Area Round in Region 2. There are several other games this week where the matchup is almost equally good to this game, and then there's a chance for upsets in just about every Area Round game in 4A in Region 2 D-1. All of the teams left standing are very capable of getting the win this week in this larger division. Somebody's gonna be shooting hoops next week and not like it. This will be a very interesting weekend for Texas High School Football in Region 2. Enjoy it folks......it only happens once a year......kinda like Christmas, hahaha.

It's become clear to the Argyllians that Brian Baca is a very talented qb leading this Pitt Pirates team here in his senior season. Not only that, but his brother Brad is the AD/Head Coach of Pitt ISD and a former qb/rb that played in college. Not only that, but Brad also was OC/Qb coach at Chapel Hill during their State Championship and State Final seasons. He has a great resume for such a young AD/Head Coach. Naturally, we assume that younger brother Brian is made of the same stuff and has been coached up over the years by big brother. Just looking at the stats tells most of what Argyle needs to know about this season's Pitt Pirates team......stop or slow down Baca and you have cut their offense in half. Kudos to the Baca Brothers for helping Pittsburg to have such a successful season. I'm certain the football program at Pitt is now in very capable hands for many years to come. Baca will get his completions and yards, and so will Tray Walker and Porter at receiver, but just how many yards against this tough Eagles defense is the question burning to be answered for everyone come Friday night in Royse City. This is shaping up to be a real barnburner of a game, folks. And that facility is just an awesome place for this type of big game atmosphere. GO EAGLES!!!

Don't forget his father is the DC. Class guy. He has been around the block and being able to have your father on the staff has really helped the transition from OC to AD/HC. The entire family has benefitted not only the football program but the community as well. Any parent would want their kids to be around (not just coached) both HC Baca and DC Baca. Solid people.

Don't forget his father is the DC. Class guy. He has been around the block and being able to have your father on the staff has really helped the transition from OC to AD/HC. The entire family has benefitted not only the football program but the community as well. Any parent would want their kids to be around (not just coached) both HC Baca and DC Baca. Solid people.

You betcha, DTL.

Some posters are like skunks under a deck. They stay there awhile and stink up the place then leave.

Is this the classy poster downtheline that has been throwing suttle barbs at Argyle for the past week or so? Just wondering what riled you up so much? Seems to me that you have been looking to grasp onto something so you took a post out of context and ran with it..... or maybe you not smart enough to understand what the post indicated. Let me explain for you. Pitt fans were getting so nervous during a game that was highly in doubt that they were calling for the coach that got them there, due to some play calling they disagreed with. Is posting that classless? Why? It's the truth. Is posting that Pitt is good but not great classless? If yes, why?? It's the truth. Seen your kind before. When you tell them something they don't want to hear, even if it is true, they grumble and point fingers. What drove you more crazy is that I didn't just bow down to your ridiculous emotions and beg for forgiveness. Grow up.

Use it to fire you up or whatever your motivation is, doesn't matter to me. Ultimately the game will be settled on the field, and I like my team. Oops, sorry if that offends.

Regal. Haven't seen you this year. Are you planning to drive up for a game this year?

I think Brian is a Junior...

I think Pitt will definitely surprise Argyle. Baca has done a good job with the Pitt program this year. Go Pitt!

Pitt will not surprise Argyle. Argyle has had their eye on Pitt for weeks understanding that the road to winning R2 would likely be paved through Pitt, Kennedale / Athens, and LE / Kaufman. Toughest road Argyle has probably ever had, but that just shows how strong R2 is this year, top to bottom.

To me Pittsburg played one of their worst games this season against Crandall. If they play like that again my prediction will be: Pitt 14 - Argyle 35

If we can play like we should and are on our game Friday night my prediction will be: Pitt 28 - Argyle 14

Few penalties, Pirates Win!

Is this the classy poster downtheline that has been throwing suttle barbs at Argyle for the past week or so? Just wondering what riled you up so much? Seems to me that you have been looking to grasp onto something so you took a post out of context and ran with it..... or maybe you not smart enough to understand what the post indicated. Let me explain for you. Pitt fans were getting so nervous during a game that was highly in doubt that they were calling for the coach that got them there, due to some play calling they disagreed with. Is posting that classless? Why? It's the truth. Is posting that Pitt is good but not great classless? If yes, why?? It's the truth. Seen your kind before. When you tell them something they don't want to hear, even if it is true, they grumble and point fingers. What drove you more crazy is that I didn't just bow down to your ridiculous emotions and beg for forgiveness. Grow up.

Use it to fire you up or whatever your motivation is, doesn't matter to me. Ultimately the game will be settled on the field, and I like my team. Oops, sorry if that offends.

Nothing drove me crazy, I am and have been crazy since you were in diapers. Forgiveness? Only One that you have to ask for forgiveness. Enjoy.

I remember the first time we met up with Argyle. I don't think any of us fans thought Argyle would be nearly as good as they were. Boy, were we wrong! Needless to say, the second time we met them we were better prepared and still lost. They were just a better team. Argyle always plays well under the bright lights in November and December. They are extremely polished, and it will take your A game to compete with them. They are extremely well coached, and usually don't make many mistakes at all.

I think the Pirates most definitely will have to bring their A game, and hope Argyle makes a couple of mistakes, to win this one. There's just not many weaknesses, if any, that the opposition can exploit when it comes to the Eagles. I'm just speaking from prior experience of meeting up with them.

Good luck to the Pirates, though. I hope y'all can pull off the upset!

winner of this probably going to get kennedale next week, thats a tough draw.

Pitt has the potential to upset Argyle, but they will have to play their best game of the season.

Argyle is a disciplined football team, and it will take a very disciplined effort to knock them off.
Hope Pitt's o-line is up to the challenge, they will have to buy Baca time this week to win.

winner of this probably going to get kennedale next week, thats a tough draw.

Pitt has the potential to upset Argyle, but they will have to play their best game of the season.

Argyle is a disciplined football team, and it will take a very disciplined effort to knock them off.

Hope Pitt's o-line is up to the challenge, they will have to buy Baca time this week to win.

I really believe that Athens knocks Kennedale off this week. Athens almost took them out last year vs one of Kennedale's best teams ever. Either would be a tough draw though.

I remember the first time we met up with Argyle. I don't think any of us fans thought Argyle would be nearly as good as they were. Boy, were we wrong! Needless to say, the second time we met them we were better prepared and still lost. They were just a better team. Argyle always plays well under the bright lights in November and December. They are extremely polished, and it will take your A game to compete with them. They are extremely well coached, and usually don't make many mistakes at all.

I think the Pirates most definitely will have to bring their A game, and hope Argyle makes a couple of mistakes, to win this one. There's just not many weaknesses, if any, that the opposition can exploit when it comes to the Eagles. I'm just speaking from prior experience of meeting up with them.

Good luck to the Pirates, though. I hope y'all can pull off the upset!

There was no shame in losing to Argyle in 2013. That was arguably the best team Argyle ever fielded. WR/QB Ian Sadler, S/WR Connor Wilson, LB Sam Sizelove (was hurt that game), K Cole Hedlund, DT Micah Capra, CB Reece Thompson (all offered D1 scholorships). You guys were loaded that year as well with Josh Walker, Chris Boyd, Des Pollard (God rest his soul), QB (I think his name was Tanner Barr).... You guys had us on the ropes early and if you will remember were driving for another TD when a little known sophomore named Drew Estrada intercepted a screen pass. Argyle scored on the drive and it was game-on from that point forward. Drew is a senior now and is a beast. Talk then was that it was a shame for those teams to meet in round three as they were likely the two best teams in 3A DII. Farifield showed us in the sc game that they were just as worthy.

This years team is maybe a tick below that one though there are D1 players aboard and a ton (25 I believe) of seniors that have played (and won) alot of playoff games, including two sc games. It's a talented team and a tough group to beat. Not saying they can't be beat but it won't be easy.

Those were some great teams indeed! Every time Argyle got to their opponents' 35-yard line, or inside, they were gonna score, and there was nothing short of pushing them backwards or getting a turnover (a rarity) that would stop them. They could run or pass equally well, and their kicking game was just better than everybody else's. It took three tries to finally beat them pesky Eagles.

Like I've said, Pittsburg will have to bring their A game in this one on both sides of the ball, and maybe get a couple of turnovers, too, to have a chance at the win, in my opinion.

I think Pitt can hang with Argyle. I didn't see the offensive firepower this year that they had in recent years past. Contain Chalk and the RB, don't be fooled by their misdirection\slide of hand PA roll outs from the QB and Pitt can advance. However, the Pirates will have to play significantly better than they did a week ago. Of course, it's much easier to get up and prepare with fire for Argyle than it is for Crandall. Was Pitt peaking toward Argyle a bit last week? Idk, but I know the Crandall Pirates didn't get the best game from the Pitt Pirates.

I BELIEVE if Pitt has a long rangy WR with good hands, you can beat Argyle with the pepper\paintball\back shoulder throws. Delayed runs that go off tackle can be successful as well. Their DEs crash and crash hard and if the OL is discipline and the RB\QB is patient there are running lanes off tackle. Other than those TWO things...best of luck. Argyle has a beast at MLB. They'll go 5 on 5 up front and rely on him to make sound tackles in the gaps, which he does as well as I've seen.

Good luck, Pitt!

Pirates - 28

Eagles - 24

• Like 1

Looks like quite a few Pitt believers on this site.....wouldn't expect anything less. Pitt players and staff should feel proud to have garnered this kind of support from the East Texas fanbase. With Argyle's recent success in the playoffs, you'd think some of the other East Texans without a dog in the hunt would pick Arygle, and I reckon some did.......but not many according to the poll, haha. Well good luck to both teams come Friday.......it should be one heckuva playoff atmosphere and hard-hitting affair. I'm sure we'll all see a few big plays from both teams to get all excited about, too. And some big hits from each defense to stop the opponent's offense dead in its tracks. Both qbs will probably be worth their salt in this one......both have had great seasons. One team will not advance, but both should be congratulated even before the kickoff. It's been a successful year for both, regardless of Friday nite's final outcome. GO EAGLES!!!

• Like 1