Pittsburg vs Argyle

EasyD

Pittsburg vs Argyle  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Sr Buckeye -

Agree, Pitt has the horses to beat Argyle. They are a really good team. Everything you have said is spot on. However, I am not putting much stock into games vs common opponents during season 1 and season 2. As you well know, season #3 is is just a different animal. It is so much harder to win during the playoffs, not only because the competition is better, but also due to the intense pressure of single elimination. Some teams handle it well, some do not. Mistakes/penalties/missed assignments will kill you during the playoffs. Each possession is so critical. Argyle has been in so many pressure-packed playoff games in the past two or three years it boggles the mind. Two yeas ago it was Gilmer and Fairfield. Last year, the L-E, Kennedale, Graham, and Navasota games were all decided by less than a TD and all up for grabs coming down to the wire. With the exception of the Navasota sc game, Argyle never blinked. 25 players on this years team, including 14 starters and all 6 team Captains were big parts of that playoff run. Several were starters during both runs. The Eagles are talented, have an awesome coaching staff, are experienced and have alot of tradition to fall back on. But maybe most important is that they have been battle hardened.....through winning close, "hand- wringing" games in the pressure cooker 3rd season. This time of the year it takes more than just sheer talent to win.

Pitt may well win the game but I don't expect it will be easy if they do. The team that deals with the pressure best could be the deciding factor tomorrow night.

GO EAGLES! .

I've attended all of our matchups, and Argyle is an elite program no question, and it show's year in and year out, just always a solid team across the board! Pittsburg, does not have the big game experience, but they have some really good atheletes on both sides of the ball, and are well coached, most of the players have bought in to the Bacca program! Pittsburg has the potential to score alot of points, if given the opportunity! It will take some speed to play with them! Good luck to both!

I've attended all of our matchups, and Argyle is an elite program no question, and it show's year in and year out, just always a solid team across the board! Pittsburg, does not have the big game experience, but they have some really good atheletes on both sides of the ball, and are well coached, most of the players have bought in to the Bacca program! Pittsburg has the potential to score alot of points, if given the opportunity! It will take some speed to play with them! Good luck to both!

Big game experience does mean a lot. Hope for the next few years we can have some of those games.

Pitt seems to be getting more consistent the last few yrs, back when i was in highschool they were THE team in Etx

but they are running into a team that has been the class of 3a-4a football in the DFW area the last 7yrs. Argyle plays

physical on both sides of the ball and they are very well coached..Pitt will need to get the breaks to win imo.

Argyle 42

Pitt 21

I believe Coach Baca will have his troops ready and well-coached to start the game. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see a 0-0 first quarter. Pitt's advantage will be extending possessions with first downs and controlling the clock. Argyle can play either way, but IMO are better with the more wide-open offensive attack. I'm curious to see how the Argyle coaches defend the pass against Baca......bulrush and pressure or play tight containment to prevent the big play. Since Baca can run, bullrushing the qb can be risky and lead to a big play. Just depends on the Pitt O-line against that Argyle D-line. I think the Pitt fans will be surprised by the Argyle O-line. They are used to seeing their team dominate O-lines and play great defense. This game it will not be quite the same, folks. Trench warfare to the max. Argyle is as good as any team in 4A playing tough football on the lines. Just ask Abilene Wylie this year. They have big boyz too. But in my mind, Baca is the key to this game. If Argyle can disrupt him and cause problems for the offense, Pitt will be in trouble. I don't think the same can be said for Argyle. Ledford has more weapons to work with and I believe the Argyle offense is a little more flexible.

• Like 1

When you look at the level of competition both teams have played, I feel Pitt has a slight advantage in most recent tests. It's been a looong time since Argyle has been tested. That seems to favor the most recently tested team, but maybe not. Argyle is fairly healthy and ready to be tested. I think there was a vast improvement in this team from Week 3 til now, but it's just so difficult to gauge from the level of competition Argyle played. Conversely, there's no question regarding Pitt's quality of play during the past 6 weeks. I'm hoping the tough predistrict schedule Argyle played combined with the seasoning and improvement thru the season will show up tomorrow night on the field. That's the big question mark everybody is interested in seeing about the Eagles this season. In 23 hours we will have our answer.

Ok, who's the better team? Out of these Class 4A Division I Region II Area championship teams, somebody could go all the way.

I just got through watching LE beat (48-9) the socks off of a good Sanger football team and LE was a 15 point favorite over Sanger.

LE looks like world beaters. Gilmer beat LE by 5 (50-45) in what I assume was a close game throughout that contest.

Sanger was eliminated in this 8 team party tonight.

Next week, LE meets the winner of the Kaufman vs Alvarado match-up. I know Kaufman has a heck of a team. They beat a very good 5A Terrell Tiger team that won their very tough District 12-5A. Terrell is also a 3 point favorite to beat Lovejoy! Lovejoy has a great team. Kaufman also beat Fairfield, Van, Athens and stood toe to toe with highly ranked Kennedale. I think Kaufman will beat Alvarado. Kaufman is a 13 point favorite to beat Alvarado, but I don't know if they can stay with LE....

Now the same polling service has Argyle picked by 13 over Pittsburg. I know very little about the 2015 version of both of these teams. But as I study up on this game tomorrow at RCISD Stadium, I don't see a 13 point difference. As a matter of fact it looks as if the Eagles will have their hands full with Pittsburg. I see it as a pick 'em and them being even.

I really don't think Athens can beat Kennedale, so I'm 'guessing' that the Wildcats will advance. Guessing gets me in a lot of trouble...nothing against the great team in Athens. Also the undefeated Kennedale team is only a 10 point favorite over the 8-3 Athens team.

• Liberty-Eylau (+15) defeated Sanger 48-9
  • Argyle +13
  • Pittsburg
  • Kaufman +13
  • Alvarado
  • Kennedale+10
  • Athens

Haven't read anything about the Pitt kicking game. Everybody should be aware of the Argyle kicking game......one of the best in 4A. I believe Caleb Holt is 29-29 on extra points and 11-11 on field goals with a long kick of 45 yds. I could be mistaken on the numbers, but he hasn't missed in either case. The punting game is usually handled by Drew Estrada. He kicks it rugby style like Sadler did because he is a soccer player too......a very good one. He's also a backup kicker this season, since Holt has taken over full time duties there to give Estrada some breaks off the field. Both can kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs. So field position from a dynamic kicking game could play an important role in this game tonite. Fans should pay close attention to each team's kicking game to see how it affects the final score tonite. I will say that IMO Argyle holds the advantage in the kicking game. I know nothing, zero, zilch about Pitt's kicking game.

Good Morning Argyle and Pittsburg.....It's Gameday!!

November 20, 2015

7:30 pm Kickoff!

Royse City ISD Stadium- Royse City, Texas 75189

Are You Ready For Some Football? Some Championship Football?

Argyle Eagles (10-1) vs. Pittsburg Pirates (10-1)

If Argyle gets in the Red Zone, they can come away with points due to their good kicking game. Can the same be said of Pitt??? In the playoffs, this can be a very, very important weapon to have in your offensive arsenal. Remember this: It doesn't matter what the final score is as long as your team wins. It's survival of the fittest and luckiest, and it's also one and done......loser goes home.

69 miles from Argyle to the stadium thru rush hour Friday traffic around the Dallas area. 89 miles from Pittsburg on a good drive right into Royse City. Probably will take about the same time for either for fans coming from those cities. This game should also draw quite a few other interested fans. Argyle has built up a sort of cultish following around North Texas.

Where's Scottie this year? Are you out there Scotland the Brave???

Hey Downtheline......I got some good sleep last night, haha. No early morning (3 am) wake-up. I'm ready for this game tonite. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee you that the ARGYLE EAGLES will be ready to RUUUUUMBLE!!!!

Well we just some good news....we just got the numbers in and we will be D2 next year. The bad news is Celina and Gilmer are D2 and we still have to play a top ranked team tonight in Royce City.

We will still show up....just saying.

Looks like everybody is pulling for Pitt tonite to beat Argyle. I don't think the rest of the 4A D-1 teams really want to face Argyle.....if they had their druthers. Kennedale and LE may want a chance at Argyle, but down deep they most probably would just as well be happy to not face them in the playoffs. I think they would prefer that Pitt do the dirty work for them, hahaha. They probably THINK they can beat Pitt, but they are still not so sure about Argyle. So naturally, most fans of these schools will be pulling for a Pitt upset victory tonite. Too bad the game is being played in Royse City......a facility Argyle is very familiar with. But it really doesn't matter......the weather will be ideal and the field conditions fantastic. I think they even have replays on the scoreboard. Most fans will get a good seat to watch this battle. I think capacity is around 7500. Argyle will be home team.

Looks like everybody is pulling for Pitt tonite to beat Argyle. I don't think the rest of the 4A D-1 teams really want to face Argyle.....if they had their druthers. Kennedale and LE may want a chance at Argyle, but down deep they most probably would just as well be happy to not face them in the playoffs. I think they would prefer that Pitt do the dirty work for them, hahaha. They probably THINK they can beat Pitt, but they are still not so sure about Argyle. So naturally, most fans of these schools will be pulling for a Pitt upset victory tonite. Too bad the game is being played in Royse City......a facility Argyle is very familiar with. But it really doesn't matter......the weather will be ideal and the field conditions fantastic. I think they even have replays on the scoreboard. Most fans will get a good seat to watch this battle. I think capacity is around 7500. Argyle will be home team.

It's

Not that it's just an East Texas thing y'all pulled for Sanger thier from your district I'm pulling for Pitt because thier from 7-4A

It's

Not that it's just an East Texas thing y'all pulled for Sanger thier from your district I'm pulling for Pitt because thier from 7-4A

Agreed. East Texas is a tight knit bunch of programs. We will pull for our area teams and show up at their games. I would love to be at Pitt's game tonight to watch this upset, but I have to travel to Athens tomorrow for Atlanta's game, so I could only get my wife to OK me going to Longview. That being said, I will be supporting my across district buddies, the Center Roughriders, as the face Fairfield tonight.

Pitt is a solid ball team. Call me crazy, but I think that because HC and starting QB are brothers, there is some sort of connection there. Nothing like a connection between brothers, and I think that plays a lot in their success. I could be wrong, or be believing in supernatural forces, but I think it is definitely a positive for their team. Baca (QB) has an above average arm, but his mental toughness is what is really special. Hard to find QBs in high school that have that sort of mental stability at the QB position while on the field.

GO PITT!! BIGGEST UPSET IN EAST TEXAS THIS WEEKEND WILL BE TONIGHT!!

Actually, there really wasn't any question in my mind that LE would handily defeat Sanger......Argyle already knew what to expect. The main thing was to see how LE played against Sanger to get a better idea about LE's players. We fully expect to see LE again this season in the Regional Final. There's really no guarantee our teams will meet, but if they do.....it will be in the regional final. We expect Argyle to be there(wins against Pitt and Kennedale/Athens), and expect LE to win also. But upsets do happen in the playoffs. But that's not a good reason to lower one's expectations, hahaha.

since when have argyle played a full game?

Let me see.

We played only one full game in 2013 vs Gilmer in the 3rd round before playing a full game vs Fairfield in the State Championship game

We played full games vs Wylie, Denison, Graham, Ranchview, LE, Kennedale before a full game in the state championship last year

We played full games vs Wylie, Celina, most of the Graham game in the reg season this year.

So what's your point? Looks like Argyle is pretty used to this.

Let me correct myself here. I did not see any Argyle fans posting that Argyle would blowout Pitt by 30+. It was all Celina/random fans posting that information. I apologize, just thought I would right my wrong on here as well as on the FSSW app. Didn't mean to categorize Argyle fans with all the rest of the bandwagoners, just got them mixed up is all. Good luck to both teams, but I am pulling for Pitt (as everyone knows by now).