Malakoff vs Yoe

MTigersFan

Malakoff vs Cameron-Yoe  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

What play are you talking about? What # did it?

If I remember correctly, it was that "onside punt" or whatever the heck it was supposed to be in the second quarter? There was a crowd of players scuffling during the "forward progress", the whistle blew, and the group kept scuffling. Refs started moving that way, and two players - one Tiger and one Yoemen - broke our of the pack over by the Malakoff sideline, REALLY shoving and hitting at one another. We were SURE the refs were gonna throw flags on both of them and announce off-setting penalties. Then the bigger Malakoff player shoved the Yoe player down, raised his knee, and stomped him right in the chest. Refs were walking right toward it, so there's NO WAY they didn't see it. I'll ask and see if anyone could see what number his jersey was...

YoePride88 is correct about the stomp in the 2nd quarter. Coach Rhodes even talked about it at the booster club meeting Monday night. You can choose to agree or disagree with anyone one here. But I challenge anyone to question the integrity of Coach Rhodes. He very rarely second guesses the refs and tells our boys to play past it. He was close to a heart attack yelling at the refs about non calls for unsportsman like contact and holding calls all night Yet they called a holding on us ( 14 yards off the line and then marked off 15 in stead of 10 yards) but then Traion just ran it for 25 for the 1st. #60 Adams went down in the 2nd series but came back. He told the boosters he requested this officiating crew from Austin, one he knew from his days in New braunfels. But he said he must of made him mad before he left! I was surprised by the lack of holding calls and it frustrated our players. Several were disciplined by Rhodes for there behavior because that is unacceptable here.

That being said, malakoff played tough and caught us off guard. It was a wake up call. But when the Yoemen scored 2 tds nd two 2 pt conversions in less than 2 minutes, I knew our boys were shaking it off. Rhodes made some ballsy calls too. And then Rhodes was calling time outs with under 1 minute to half and Tgers had a 3rd down, Rhodes was planning to possibly score quick one more time. Plus there is no better coach at making adjustments than Rick Rhodes. And the Yoemen are a 4th quarter team.

Good luck to Malakoff in the off season. You have a good team.

• Like 1

He requested a crew he knew? That is not how playoffs work it's supposed to be neutral crew that does not know either team

and the Head of the San Antonio Chapter that's where officials where from should have denied his request

I can point out several missed calls our way a personal foul on qb out of bounds a key face mask not called

So let's just agree that officials were off that night

I've agreed with primarily everything you've said on here until this. EVERY single injury in football should be taken seriously and given serious attention.

There have been far too many deadly injuries happen in this sport for fans, players, coaches, or anyone else for that matter try and say a player is faking an injury.

Absolutely agree so if the same players goes down with the same injury more than once he should be removed from the game.

I've agreed with primarily everything you've said on here until this. EVERY single injury in football should be taken seriously and given serious attention.

There have been far too many deadly injuries happen in this sport for fans, players, coaches, or anyone else for that matter try and say a player is faking an injury.

Absolutely agree so if the same players goes down with the same injury more than once he should be removed from the game.

YoePride88 is correct about the stomp in the 2nd quarter. Coach Rhodes even talked about it at the booster club meeting Monday night. You can choose to agree or disagree with anyone one here. But I challenge anyone to question the integrity of Coach Rhodes. He very rarely second guesses the refs and tells our boys to play past it. He was close to a heart attack yelling at the refs about non calls for unsportsman like contact and holding calls all night Yet they called a holding on us ( 14 yards off the line and then marked off 15 in stead of 10 yards) but then Traion just ran it for 25 for the 1st. #60 Adams went down in the 2nd series but came back. He told the boosters he requested this officiating crew from Austin, one he knew from his days in New braunfels. But he said he must of made him mad before he left! I was surprised by the lack of holding calls and it frustrated our players. Several were disciplined by Rhodes for there behavior because that is unacceptable here.

That being said, malakoff played tough and caught us off guard. It was a wake up call. But when the Yoemen scored 2 tds nd two 2 pt conversions in less than 2 minutes, I knew our boys were shaking it off. Rhodes made some ballsy calls too. And then Rhodes was calling time outs with under 1 minute to half and Tgers had a 3rd down, Rhodes was planning to possibly score quick one more time. Plus there is no better coach at making adjustments than Rick Rhodes. And the Yoemen are a 4th quarter team.

I seen several Malakoff players get their helmets yanked off. I saw on several long plays by Malakoff while running down the field Yoe players would jump in front of the and stop pretending to be blocked in the back. One TD was called back because of this. This is something that is coached so if you want to speak of Rhoades integrity I say there is none where a coach teaches to do things that are blatant cheating.

The whole business of everyone having to take a knee everytime someone on the other team catches a leg cramp wears me out. Hey I can understand it if there is an ambulance called onto the field and it is obviously a very serious injury, but this nonsense has gotten way out of hand. I was at a game earlier this year when kids sat on their knees for twenty minutes and when the Coach told them to stand up because some of them were getting stiff you should have heard the idiots in the stands boo hooing. You would have though that Coach told his kids to go beat up the other teams cheerleaders.

The whole business of everyone having to take a knee everytime someone on the other team catches a leg cramp wears me out. Hey I can understand it if there is an ambulance called onto the field and it is obviously a very serious injury, but this nonsense has gotten way out of hand. I was at a game earlier this year when kids sat on their knees for twenty minutes and when the Coach told them to stand up because some of them were getting stiff you should have heard the idiots in the stands boo hooing. You would have though that Coach told his kids to go beat up the other teams cheerleaders.

I totally agree. The whole taking a knee thing is so silly. I was just talking about that to my kids today when we were watching the UMHB playoff game at Crusader Stadium. There was an injured player on the field and they asked why nobody was taking a knee. I asked why they thought it was necessary, and they said it was a sign of respect. I wholeheartedly agreed, but I said why can't you be respectful and stand up??? I have been at a high school game listening to Moms in the stands literally losing their minds (and voices) yelling at the opposing team because someone happened to be standing when their son was on the turf because he broke a freakin' nail!? I can appreciate the gesture, but you rarely, if ever, see a college or pro team take a knee unless it is a serious injury. Give it a rest folks, it's not that big of a deal. I hate seeing young men go down for any reason, especially a serious injury, but taking a knee is not required by rule, and does nothing to actually help the situation. If you want to take a knee, cool. If not, cool. For those that think it is off the reservation disrespectful......get over yourself.

Here is the reason why it is really done:

The take a knee practice started in youth football- if a player goes down there is no trainer, it's the coaches who deal with injuries, so the question was, what do you have a bunch of 6-9 year olds do while the coaches are tending to the injuried player? They had them take a knee and be still in a show of respect- LOL, but it was all about keeping the kids on the sideline under control while the coaches were busy. It was never something we did as players, you don't see college teams do this as a matter of course but it's entered high schools through the youth leagues because parents and players have become CONDITIONED to it. As a HC I always let the players do as they saw fit during an injury- take a knee or remain standing. (some players do not want "sit" still they want to keep moving around- nervous energy)

So, it has become a symbolism over substance thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what this is going to sound like, but in the Grandview AND Teague games, opposing players flat shoved Yoe players to the turf after whistles, and nothing was done. In fact, when it happened during the Grandview game WE got flagged for DOUBLE personal fouls! And it's really funny how Yoe seems to not get called for holding until we make a big play for a first down on third or fourth-and-long.

Y'all can say what y'all want - That stomp happened.

I know what this is going to sound like, but in the Grandview AND Teague games, opposing players flat shoved Yoe players to the turf after whistles, and nothing was done. In fact, when it happened during the Grandview game WE got flagged for DOUBLE personal fouls! And it's really funny how Yoe seems to not get called for holding until we make a big play for a first down on third or fourth-and-long.

Y'all can say what y'all want - That stomp happened.

Nah, you just have sour grapes. Yoe players are finally being called out for dirty play, EXACTLY like other schools do. Personally, if your team isn't playing with an edge and getting mad when they are blocked and trying to get back at other players, how many wins would you accumulate? These are 15-18 yr boys, there is testosterone involved...

The Yoemen do have a target on their backs. Even the refs are goin to make them earn that next ring. That being said, when Coach Rhodes shows his player getting intentionally stomped on film at the Booster meeting (a couple of times) with no penalty, you realize just like he does that the boys just have to step their game up because the refs are going to give them nothing.

The Yoemen do have a target on their backs. Even the refs are goin to make them earn that next ring. That being said, when Coach Rhodes shows his player getting intentionally stomped on film at the Booster meeting (a couple of times) with no penalty, you realize just like he does that the boys just have to step their game up because the refs are going to give them nothing.

That never happened. Send me that clip or tell me what # play it was on Yoes video and I'll get it checked out... If it's true of course, which it's not...