Harleton vs Centerville

RETIREDFAN1

Harleton vs Centerville  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Actually if you look at their preseason games, they were close at halftime, then they got dominated in the 2nd half. That tells me a lot about their team. They weren't real competitive in preseason except in the first half of those games. They lost every game by double digits. They have improved since then for sure but they aren't necessarily surprising anyone and no one is underestimating them. I feel like everyone has a pretty good idea about their team. They have as much a chance as anyone else.

lol you don't know what you are talking about! How many games have you been to? They never got dominated in the second half! Unforced turnovers dominates them in the second half. 5 fumbles a game will kill you! The coaches put a lot of emphasis on ball security in the second half of the season! In all those games they lost, they were still driving the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but when you fumble the ball inside the 20 numerous times, you won't win many games. Quit looking at stats and watch the game before you say something along those lines.

lol you don't know what you are talking about! How many games have you been to? They never got dominated in the second half! Unforced turnovers dominates them in the second half. 5 fumbles a game will kill you! The coaches put a lot of emphasis on ball security in the second half of the season! In all those games they lost, they were still driving the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but when you fumble the ball inside the 20 numerous times, you won't win many games. Quit looking at stats and watch the game before you say something along those lines.

Sounds like you just made my point for me. When you turn the ball over a bunch for a majority of your games, that's what kind of team you are: a turnover-prone one. And I wouldn't say unforced. Plenty of them were forced....You can move the ball on someone all you want, but if you don't punch it in for points, then it doesn't matter. I was just responding to saying they could easily be 10-1. I don't agree with that statement. And yes I watched some games. A good number of them thank you very much.

Argue all you want. I said they were a good team. And if you did care to read everything I wrote, then you would have noticed I said they have as good a chance as anyone else to win the region.

Sounds like you just made my point for me. When you turn the ball over a bunch for a majority of your games, that's what kind of team you are: a turnover-prone one. And I wouldn't say unforced. Plenty of them were forced....You can move the ball on someone all you want, but if you don't punch it in for points, then it doesn't matter. I was just responding to saying they could easily be 10-1. I don't agree with that statement. And yes I watched some games. A good number of them thank you very much.

Argue all you want. I said they were a good team. And if you did care to read everything I wrote, then you would have noticed I said they have as good a chance as anyone else to win the region.

muffing punts, dropping snaps, and just plain dropping the ball would be considered unforced. And I was t being disrespectful to you. Your comment about "what kind of team" they are erked me. If you were at those games you would have seen how the offense moved the ball, and shot themselves in the foot! I don't think 10-1 but maybe 8-2 or 7-3. How many turnovers has centerville had since lovelady? Not many, the kids and coaches made a extra effort to get rid of the costly turnovers. Also I didn't read the last sentence of your post, sorry to offend you

I kinda figured he didn't have a clue when he said they got beat by double digits in all there preason games.

Well excuse me, all but one. I have no idea what I'm talking about then....Im surprised they lost to Marlin though. Out gained them by about 100 yards and lost by 6. Just like I said about how it doesn't matter if you move it down the field and don't get any points cuz of turnovers. They should've beat them but didn't. So one game out of 6 wasn't by double digits.

I knew something from last week when everyone said Centerville would blow out grapeland. I said grapeland wouldn't stop Centerville's run game but grapeland would put up points because of their speed and Centerville's defense is pretty slow and teams with speed give them a hard time. I thought It would be a high scoring, good game and that Centerville would win. Looks like I know more than you think bigj.

They'll match up on interior line, both sides, but probably not on the edge. Shelbyville is somewhat banged up and that may have an effect on them, but should be a good game.

Yep at this point in the season, they are all some good ones. True about shelbyville being banged up. Could make it more interesting.