What happened to elysian fields this year

mathman50

I know they had some bad luck and ran into some other good teams as well. Mineola and Waskom were expected, but a couple of the other losses were games that could have gone their way. West Rusk, Frankston, and Arp were no push overs. They are like everyone else, no DEFENSE! I know some folks like to watch these high scoring games, but I sure like seeing some games now and then where kids can tackle and play pass defense. It gets to be NON-exciting watching some of these pathetic defenses these days.

What I gather, a coach in EF is only as an effective leader as the "powers to be" allow him to be. Case in point, why was coach King gone after the winning year hat he had. Granted, he had his faults, but he did do what the folks in EF expect - WIN!! Bet coach Morris didn't have this problem while there.

Every coach from Tyner to Castles to Patton had trouble with the powers to be at EF. Look over at Waskom, the board is on the same page, the superintendent is not a puppet, the community is concerned with what is best for their children not the amount of touches their children get, EF is just the opposite on all of those.

• Like 1

Can't disagree with Karma, but they really just seemed to keep shooting themselves in the games they needed to win. Some good folks over in those parts, but they are 100% too involved sometimes and their own worst enemy. Until some of the same ole, same ole vocals move on, they will always have issues when times are tough. Morris had some folks in his ear at the time too, but he was kicking and taking names. That shut most of the arm chair guys up.

will ford survive after this season. have heard he had brought a couple coaches in who has never coached before because of their kids. has one coach who has been on oc at a few big D1 schools in the past and didnt use his talents. dont know much about the dc.

• 2 weeks later...

I know they had some bad luck and ran into some other good teams as well. Mineola and Waskom were expected, but a couple of the other losses were games that could have gone their way. West Rusk, Frankston, and Arp were no push overs. They are like everyone else, no DEFENSE! I know some folks like to watch these high scoring games, but I sure like seeing some games now and then where kids can tackle and play pass defense. It gets to be NON-exciting watching some of these pathetic defenses these days.

If you want to see good tackling you are going to have to get on Youtube and watch some games from WAY back in the day. I think it was around fifteen years ago that EVERYONE at every level forgot how to tackle. These days from JH to the NFL tackling is a lost art

• Like 1

I can't speak the truth about EF cause I'll get in trouble but I think everybody that knows football knows the truth what happen this yr but EF has some good players always have and always will if they want to see this program continue to succeed they better get it fix quick before the program does becomes mediocre