Sitton out at Leon, McDonald out at Groesbeck...

Smoaky

Bout time sitton is out. Should of been gone long ago. Leon may just look inside the program though Nd go with reed

I do not know why you would say that? Most anyone who knows the skill level at Jewett knows that Keith got a lot more wins than the available talent should have achieved. And Coach "READ" wants nothing to do with being a HC again.

I do not know why you would say that? Most anyone who knows the skill level at Jewett knows that Keith got a lot more wins than the available talent should have achieved. And Coach "READ" wants nothing to do with being a HC again.

I agree with what you said about coach Read, but I have always thought leon has underachieved with the talent they have. Leon has some really good athletes, and to get knocked out the post season by buffalo(not meaning to be disrespectful to the bison). Leon has had talent over the past couple of years. I Hear that Sitton stepped down, any truth to that?

I know the skill level and played against that skill level. They have hard nose kids and good athletes! I believe they could of been better with another coach....the loop loop defense sitton ran wasn't very smart. I know you have no clue what I'm talking about but the people that played against leon and played at leon knows exactly what im talking about when I say loop defense lol. I have very good friends that played for Leon and like I said I've played against a sittton coached team.....figured Read be chomping at the bit to get back at the HFC I think he is a even better choice than sittton.....but with the facilities Leon has for football idk if they get many applications. Now if they had the volleyball facilities then they may get better coaches wanting the job but who knows they may get a diamond in the rough

You mean the LOOP defense that Coach Hedrick started running there thirty years ago? And I assure you that I am much better in the know about what is going on there than you think. And yes Buffalo did knock them out of playoffs this year. First time that has happened in quite awhile. And the facilities there are not "awful" they have a field house / weight room that would be the envy of many 4A and even more than a few 5A schools. The only thing they do not have there is field turf.

And while they do have some tough hard nosed kids that will totally sell out for you the number of great athletes at Leon is a very short list indeed.

Leon does not have the skill and talent to win year in and year out. Kids will sell out though. Only coach that could've gotten better results than Sitton is Coach Mike Hedrick. I don't see it happening but I think Will Hedrick (DC at Westwood) would be a home run hire but I doubt he'd want to go back to his alma mater but I think they would contend year in and year out with another Hedrick at the helm plus it'd bring familiarity within the program

You mean the LOOP defense that Coach Hedrick started running there thirty years ago? And I assure you that I am much better in the know about what is going on there than you think. And yes Buffalo did knock them out of playoffs this year. First time that has happened in quite awhile. And the facilities there are not "awful" they have a field house / weight room that would be the envy of many 4A and even more than a few 5A schools. The only thing they do not have there is field turf.

And while they do have some tough hard nosed kids that will totally sell out for you the number of great athletes at Leon is a very short list indeed.

They ran the loop defense in 04/05/06/07/08/09/10. Trust me I know this better than you do I saw it with my own eyes playing against it.....an they continued it after I left in 07. So ya they ran it.

That's a good assessment budkiller I wonder if Coach Hedrick of westwood will want it!

Leon.....6-4......let's see.....29-14 loss to an undefeated Lovelady team.......one point loss to Lexington.......beat a very talented Trinity team.........sounds like the coaching staff got a lot out of their kiddos.

This seems to be the going trend in small school east Texas the past few years. Garrison, Groveton, Hemphill,.....the list goes on and on....

The grass IS NOT always greener.......