3a division 1

lions719

Or, depending on how you look at it, it could be the weakest. Obviously most teams don't venture outside their Region to play non-district games, and non-district wins mean very little unless they are against a team from a larger classification. So, what these numbers tell me is the Region may be top heavy with a bunch of weak sisters that everybody has beaten up on. Or, Region 3 has taken to the road to beat up on all the weaklings in Region 2.

Reg. Semi's 16 teams left:

Reg. 1

All 4 teams were district champs. D1Muleshoe,D2Shallowater,D3Wall,D4Brock.

Reg. 2

Two district champs,D8Mineola and D6Sunnyvale. One 2nd place team D8White Oak. One 3rd place team D5Callisburg.

Reg. 3

Three district champs,D9Grandview,D10Yoe,D11Teague,One second place team D9West.

Reg. 4

No district champs left. 2nd place teams D15Mathis,D14Hitchcock. 3rd place teams D15Goliad,D14RiceCons.

Region III

Area

Grandview 42, East Chambers 14

Cameron Yoe 45, Malakoff 44

Teague 60, Rockdale 24

West 35, Kirbyville 32

Regional

Grandview (11-0) vs. Cameron Yoe (11-1), 1 p.m. Friday, Waco ISD Stadium

Teague (10-1) vs. West (11-1), 7 p.m. Friday, Midlothian

Or, depending on how you look at it, it could be the weakest. Obviously most teams don't venture outside their Region to play non-district games, and non-district wins mean very little unless they are against a team from a larger classification. So, what these numbers tell me is the Region may be top heavy with a bunch of weak sisters that everybody has beaten up on. Or, Region 3 has taken to the road to beat up on all the weakl

I can't speak for anyone else, nut I know Yoe played two 4A teams in pre-district, including China Spring, who had to come from behind to hand them their only loss.

Yoe they don't know.

Teague beat caldwell who is in the third round as well as China springs is. I guess they didn't get the memo when Yall rocked mineola at state last year

Yoe wasn't the only team that would've done that to Mineola. Didn't help that Minny didn't play well. Credit Yoe. Once again, region 3 has 5 or 6 teams that would win state if they made it out of the region.