3a division 1

lions719

Be Grandview then

If they are the better team it will be. We won't find that out until Friday though!

Malakoff had success in between the tackles without their best o linemen, even while 60 was playing. Look for Teague to have the same if not more if they both advance.

60 got hurt on the 4th Malakoff offensive play of the game. To think he was 100% coming back out and trying to play on it in the second half would be a crazy assumption.

Teague. Lol. Winner of Cameron-Grandview is coming out of Region 3.

Funny that you are not giving Teague any respect being that they gave Yoe all they could handle last year. Teague made mistakes and Yoe didn't, that's the was the only difference in the outcome. Don't get me wrong, Yoe won straight up and for that I will give them credit. But, if you say that you weren't VERY concerned going into the 4th quarter of that game you would probably be the only Yoe fan that wasn't. And you would probably be lying. Teague is as good if not better this year. The Offense is going to score and score alot but what has changed since last year is Teague's defense. They have only allowed 12.4 ppg since district started. So, keep sleeping on Teague. That's ok, that's how they like it. Better worry about getting past Grandview this week because I can assure you that Teague is not looking past West.

If they are the better team it will be. We won't find that out until Friday though!

60 got hurt on the 4th Malakoff offensive play of the game. To think he was 100% coming back out and trying to play on it in the second half would be a crazy assumption.

Not true lol he played in the 1st 3 defensive series...? Not to mention the entire 2nd half. He was a NON factor!

Funny that you are not giving Teague any respect being that they gave Yoe all they could handle last year. Teague made mistakes and Yoe didn't, that's the was the only difference in the outcome. Don't get me wrong, Yoe won straight up and for that I will give them credit. But, if you say that you weren't VERY concerned going into the 4th quarter of that game you would probably be the only Yoe fan that wasn't. And you would probably be lying. Teague is as good if not better this year. The Offense is going to score and score alot but what has changed since last year is Teague's defense. They have only allowed 12.4 ppg since district started. So, keep sleeping on Teague. That's ok, that's how they like it. Better worry about getting past Grandview this week because I can assure you that Teague is not looking past West.

I didn't say anything at all in reference to Teague last year. I thought they had a great team. I was speaking of this year and how Cameron is heads and shoulders better than they were last year. And if they lose to Grandview that's going to tell me how good Grandview really is. I said nothing at all in reference to Teague's loss to Cameron last year, and am not sure where that even factors in at all.

Not true lol he played in the 1st 3 defensive series...? Not to mention the entire 2nd half. He was a NON factor!

This is as incorrect as it could possibly be. He got hurt on the second play of the second drive. The first drive was a 2 play scoring drive. And he must have been some sort of a factor the second half. In the first half without him we were getting destroyed, down 32-7 at one point. He comes back in the 2nd half, and Malakoff only has 1 first down the entire second half. Sounds like his presence was heavily felt. He may not have been the one making the plays, but go look and see how many blockers he occupies. At least 2 every single play and a lot of the time 3.

• Like 1

This is as incorrect as it could possibly be. He got hurt on the second play of the second drive. The first drive was a 2 play scoring drive. And he must have been some sort of a factor the second half. In the first half without him we were getting destroyed, down 32-7 at one point. He comes back in the 2nd half, and Malakoff only has 1 first down the entire second half. Sounds like his presence was heavily felt. He may not have been the one making the plays, but go look and see how many blockers he occupies. At least 2 every single play and a lot of the time 3.

Wow, I can't believe you're arguing something that I know for a FACT! He played in the 3rd offensive series... I promise! I think a nose takes 2 o linemen on just about every run play. Malakoff also had more than 1 1st down in the 2nd half. They had a 9 play drive for a TD...

Teague. Lol. Winner of Cameron-Grandview is coming out of Region 3.

I'm refering to this comment. You have no respect for Teague at all and you should. You say Yoe is head and shoulders better than they were last year well, so is Teague. Yoe barely got by Malakoff (Malakoff is a good team). But Teague is considerably better than Malakoff. I wouldn't be so sure that the winner of Yoe/Grandview will be the team representing Region 3.

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe you're arguing something that I know for a FACT! He played in the 3rd offensive series... I promise! I think a nose takes 2 o linemen on just about every run play. Malakoff also had more than 1 1st down in the 2nd half. They had a 9 play drive for a TD...

Your "FACTS" are pretty crappy then considering I have talked to multiple people dialed into the program about this to validate my point. And as for the first down, why don't you go and ask Malakoff coaches how many first downs they had in the second half. Guarantee ou their answer would be one. Read the newspapers and articles about the game. That will also tell you how many first downs they had. They scored on one really long play, and they scored on the kick return. Other than that, one first down and no yardage. Your "FACTS" are based on absolutely nothing other than what you "think" you saw happen during that game. Get a clue.

Your "FACTS" are pretty crappy then considering I have talked to multiple people dialed into the program about this to validate my point. And as for the first down, why don't you go and ask Malakoff coaches how many first downs they had in the second half. Guarantee ou their answer would be one. Read the newspapers and articles about the game. That will also tell you how many first downs they had. They scored on one really long play, and they scored on the kick return. Other than that, one first down and no yardage. Your "FACTS" are based on absolutely nothing other than what you "think" you saw happen during that game. Get a clue.

Well if you think 60 only played in the 1st 2 series of the 1st half you are sadly mistaken. And yoe isn't as good this year as last. They will go down soon. Malakoff squandered some opportunities to put the game away in the 1st half.

Here's the Malakoff/ Yoe story. Yoe put six tds on the board and Malakoff put seven tds on the board. You have to make your PATs. That being said there is no guarantee that Yoe doesn't score with 3:12 remaining on the clock. Fact is Yoe came back and pulled off a win. That's what champions do. They're playing this week and were bouncing a basketball. But let me tell you this for all to hear, Malakoff is on the way up. The train is rolling and picking up speed. Yoe and Teague and everyone else will have us in their way and we won't go away easy nor will we go away for awhile. Our best athletes and teams are still on their way. Congrats to the teams moving on, you deserve it.

• Like 1

You don't know Yoe, then. Not to sound arrogant, but after that "Battle of the Bell" loss last year we SAW that our boys had gotten fired up, and knowing that Teague had benn throwing fifty and sixty points up on the scoreboard all season against (sorry) lesser teams and thought they were just gonna wipe the field with the Yoemen, we knew our boys were gonna win.

Well if you think 60 only played in the 1st 2 series of the 1st half you are sadly mistaken. And yoe isn't as good this year as last. They will go down soon. Malakoff squandered some opportunities to put the game away in the 1st half.

Yoe ISN'T as good last year as last. But the FACT is, our boys DO. NOT. QUIT. Especially when players from the other side taunt them and try to rub it in.

I'm refering to this comment. You have no respect for Teague at all and you should. You say Yoe is head and shoulders better than they were last year well, so is Teague. Yoe barely got by Malakoff (Malakoff is a good team). But Teague is considerably better than Malakoff. I wouldn't be so sure that the winner of Yoe/Grandview will be the team representing Region 3.

Yoe ISN'T as good as last year. But neither is Teague, after the guys they lost.

Yoe ISN'T as good as last year. But neither is Teague, after the guys they lost.

Teague is a better all round team this year. They don't have the three flashy players from last year. Yoe only saw two of them last year as All-State RB/FS John Love missed the game. Teague's O and D lines are much better as they are all back. The D is leaps and bounds better.

Don't get me wrong, Yoe won straight up and for that I will give them credit. But, if you say that you weren't VERY concerned going into the 4th quarter of that game you would probably be the only Yoe fan that wasn't. .

I actually was not as concerned going into the 4th. Three reasons, Yoe had momentum and was definitely a different team than the first quarter. And there is no better coach at making half time adjustments than Rick Rhodes and the Yoemen are a fourth quarter team. If we put our selves in a good position, we will win that last quarter.

At the booster club meeting, Coach Rhodes talked about Adams #60 going down in the first quarter. Every year I say we aren't as good as the past year, and I'm 74 years old. But this team is good. And we have Rick Rhodes coaching. When the Yoemen scored 2 TDs and two 2 point conversions EASILY in the late 1st half, you could see Malokoff deflate and the Yoemen take over.

Malakoff was faster than Grandview. I watched them play Academy two weeks ago. Their qb has a quick release and throws those short 10 yd passes. But malakoff had a lot more speed. Hope the rain holds off