3A Div 2 District Predictions

HSFball07

This is what Padilla has for East Texas. The Old Coach is supposed to release projection later this week.

In Region 2

6 - Harmony, Lone Oak, Edgewood, Diana, Harelton, Como, Alaba-Golden

7 - Prairland, Hooks, Queen City, Pewitt, Dangerfield, DeKalb, Ore City

8 - Waskom, West Rusk, Troup, EF, Winona, Arp, Beckville

Region 3

11- Crockett, Newton, Hemphill, Corrigan, Garrison, Frankston

Don't see Cooper..I would think Cooper should be in there with alba, lone oak, como & edgewood..

I-30 Corridor

Daingerfield

Ore City

Pewitt

Prairiland

Hooks

Dekalb

Queen City

I-20 Corridor

EF

Beckville

Waskom

West Rusk

Frankston

Arp

Troup

Leaving out Winona, Harmony, and Harleton.

There will be 3 districts formed out of this general bunch + Harleton, Harmony, and Winona. No way around it... Numbers dictate the matter.

For Coopers sake i hope not that would be a tough situation for them.

So you don't think Cooper can compete against..

Chisum- traditionally bad

S&S- traditionally bad

Whitewright- hasn't done much since early 00's

Leo- traditionally Cooper has handled them & usually they pretty avg. at best.. & up until the flukey playoff run off a couple yrs back, hadn't won a playoff game for over 20 yrs.)

Honestly as much as it hurts me to say it I think they compete for 3rd or 4th at best in that district. A lot has changed for those teams from traditionally over the last couple years.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Outside of Gunter ( who I believe will be returning a lot) , I think Cooper will be right in the thick of things in this district. You gotta remember that Edgewood had the almighty Howe bulldogs (who won that district) on the ropes last year in bi-district & Cooper only lost by 1 to EW. Howe will be D1 this year & Leonard lost the dual threat QB which really made them go. I think Cooper will be fine if they end up in this district.

I notice Garrison and Timpson haven't played since 2011, how can they not play each other , that is a big rivalry, I know they are not in the same division anymore but come on that is right down the street.

Garrison has pretty much owned Timpson the past few decades .. They were our biggest rivalry when we were in the same district. From what I have heard, Timpson didn't want to continue the games after they dropped in classification.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Outside of Gunter ( who I believe will be returning a lot) , I think Cooper will be right in the thick of things in this district. You gotta remember that Edgewood had the almighty Howe bulldogs (who won that district) on the ropes last year in bi-district & Cooper only lost by 1 to EW. Howe will be D1 this year & Leonard lost the dual threat QB which really made them go. I think Cooper will be fine if they end up in this district.

Like I said I think they can make the playoffs just dont see them competing for the district title which something they haven't done much lately any ways except a few years ago. It will be interesting to see how cooper responds to losing the best player which made them go and how they replace him on both sides of the ball. There was a time when Cooper was always at the top of their respected district battling for the 1 seed.