Lovelady vs. Beckville

jacketgrad06

Lovelady vs Beckville  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Congrats to both teams on wins. Both are well coached and will be a great game. The 3 turn overs won the game for Beckville, and KJ still had over 200 yards rushing. I don't see LL making as many mistakes. Gonna take LL in a barn burner, though I ate some sautéed crow thanks to Beckvilles win over Alto. Happy Thanksgiving to both teams.

Wise move by both schools. It's nothing special about Nac stadium. Adding turf, is like putting lipstick on a pig. I'm just saying. Good luck LL!!

It's ok, I understand Nac stadium has some bad memories for lp the last few years. I was more concerned about my drive:)

Congratulations to Lovelady on your win last night. Beckville is looking forward to playing again in Rose Stadium Saturday. The coaching staff will have the boys ready by then. I hope that we can stay focused during the Thanksgiving week and come out ready to play Saturday. As with any game, eliminating turnovers and limiting penalties (and capitalizing on the other teams turnovers and penalties) will play a large part in who wins. Beckville hasn't had any Division I recruiters hanging around this year. We wouldn't pass the 'looks" test with a lot of the teams we have played. But we do play with a lot of energy and heart. Our kids will get after it for 48 minutes. They are aggressive and physical and will do what they are coached to do. Id rather have 11 kids selling out on every play that 11 kids that look the part. Win or lose, Lovelady will know that they have been in a battle when its over. We are peaking at the right time of the year, getting a little better every week. I will make the homer pick and go with those fearless, selfless Bearcats 42-14. I wish everyone a great Thanksgiving week. We all have a lot to be thankful for.

• Like 1

Congrats to both teams on wins. Both are well coached and will be a great game. The 3 turn overs won the game for Beckville, and KJ still had over 200 yards rushing. I don't see LL making as many mistakes. Gonna take LL in a barn burner, though I ate some sautéed crow thanks to Beckvilles win over Alto. Happy Thanksgiving to both teams.

Yeah we shot ourselves in the foot against Beckville but I don't think it was enough to matter...they clearly had an answer for what we did and they did it well...KJ couldnt do it all, though he fought his heart out last night...we were not prepared for their offensive scheme...my hat is off to the team and the Gambles

Yeah we shot ourselves in the foot against Beckville but I don't think it was enough to matter...they clearly had an answer for what we did and they did it well...KJ couldnt do it all, though he fought his heart out last night...we were not prepared for their offensive scheme...my hat is off to the team and the Gambles

You are exactly right . The gambles put together one heck of a game plan for this game, and the kids did it to perfection . I felt like the Beckville lines are what won the game though . There has been ALOT of talk about how great Beckvilles lines are all year and a lot of people thought Altos lines were better but honestly I felt that was the biggest difference. Also , Beckville tackled extremely well. Even in space they did a wonderful job of wrapping up Johnson which is no easy task

• Like 1

You are exactly right . The gambles put together one heck of a game plan for this game, and the kids did it to perfection . I felt like the Beckville lines are what won the game though . There has been ALOT of talk about how great Beckvilles lines are all year and a lot of people thought Altos lines were better but honestly I felt that was the biggest difference. Also , Beckville tackled extremely well. Even in space they did a wonderful job of wrapping up Johnson which is no easy task

The Gambles aren't the only coaches Beckville has! Jerry Malone has been putting great defences together for decades now himself. My memories were at Henderson, Chapell Hill and Marlin. He's one of the great D minds of ET. Like I said earlier in the Alto/Beckville thread. This group won't be out coached in 2a. Might I add Mike Bickham also. I might be missing one but these kids at Beckville have about as experienced of a staff as anyone any size in East Texas. Good luck Bearcats!

Well I'm going to have to apologize to the Beckville offensive and defensive lines. But in my defense they do not look that good on film but he'll film lies. The region championship will be Beckville vs Shelbyville probably in Carthage. Winner of that game wins the state championship.

District 10 in the best district in 2a in the state of Texas if you can't see that now idk what to tell you.

Let me start by saying I have not seen Beckville play this year. Just saw what little film they have on MaxPreps. But obviously they will get after you pretty good. 3 keys I see for us to win this game is.... 1. We have to slow down Beckville's ground game. Absolutely must win some battles at the LOS and play assignment football. "Just do your job" against an offense like this. 2. The MOST important key is we have to throw the football well. We can't show up and throw the ball like we did against SA and expect to win. If we can throw the ball, then my key #3 will take care of itself. Give Williams some space to do his thing. SA had pretty decent speed across the defense and they had no answer for him. ***Williams' unofficial numbers against SA were 23 carries for 285 yds and 5 TD's (3,30,33,37,84) and a 68 yd punt return for a TD. Kid had a great night.*** I'm not going to lie, the thought of Beckville's defense shutting down KJ from Alto, will make it hard to get a good night's sleep this week. From an earlier description of Beckville on here, I things we are somewhat alike in we don't have many "1ST GUY OFF THE BUS PLAYERS" We are definitely no going to put the fear in any team on physical appearance alone, but these boys play extremely hard and are well coached also. This is going to be a battle but i think the Lions find a way to pull out a close game in the end. Good luck to the Bearcats and fans. Safe travel and hoping for an injury free game. Oh, a quick shout out to the Beckville fan that I had the pleasure of visiting with at the SA vs Ore City game last week. Not sure if he is on here but I always enjoy and appreciate talking football with someone who shares the same passion for high school football as much as myself. Here's to Friday night lights and a week of Smoaky.com. GO LIONS