Lovelady vs. Beckville

jacketgrad06

Lovelady vs Beckville  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Well I'm going to have to apologize to the Beckville offensive and defensive lines. But in my defense they do not look that good on film but he'll film lies. The region championship will be Beckville vs Shelbyville probably in Carthage. Winner of that game wins the state championship.

District 10 in the best district in 2a in the state of Texas if you can't see that now idk what to tell you.

Canadian is very tough...not sure I see anyone beating them.

• Like 1

How's shelbyville qb this morning? Dude took a stone shot last night and looked like a bad one. Hope he is OK for Friday, looks like they gon need him for the Centerville game. Good luck S'ville, rooting for yall...

I saw him at Edna Boykins funeral and he seemed himself. He has a slight stinger and was dehydrated. The funeral was hard on our guys. She was a second Mother to many of them. Just keep praying for Coach Boykins and his sons.

How's shelbyville qb this morning? Dude took a stone shot last night and looked like a bad one. Hope he is OK for Friday, looks like they gon need him for the Centerville game. Good luck S'ville, rooting for yall...

I saw him at Edna Boykins funeral and he seemed himself. He has a slight stinger and was dehydrated. The funeral was hard on our guys. She was a second Mother to many of them. Just keep praying for Coach Boykins and his sons.

I just think week in and week out LL has above all played the disciplined defense and made the adjustments every week to win. from a run team to a pass team to a balance of either. LL has probably one the most knowledgeable coaching staffs in the 2A. I know Beckville has similar, but they have been beat by a team that can stuff the run. LL can do that. LL 28 BVLLE 21 in a physical game. LL Williams kid will be the difference maker.

I just think week in and week out LL has above all played the disciplined defense and made the adjustments every week to win. from a run team to a pass team to a balance of either. LL has probably one the most knowledgeable coaching staffs in the 2A. I know Beckville has similar, but they have been beat by a team that can stuff the run. LL can do that. LL 28 BVLLE 21 in a physical game. LL Williams kid will be the difference maker.

Reddog92, I like the way you think. Pretty spot on in your assessment. We just can't have a bad night in any phase of the game.

I hear what you are saying, but my question is, has Lovelady faced a run game like Beckvilles... Shelbyville stopped it, but can Lovelady match their level of physical . I feel like that is still yet to be determined

I hear what you are saying, but my question is, has Lovelady faced a run game like Beckvilles... Shelbyville stopped it, but can Lovelady match their level of physical . I feel like that is still yet to be determined

I will have to say no, we have not faced as good of a run game as Beckville's. Centerville has a good run game but much different. They don't execute like Beckville. We can not get blown off the ball and be successful. Each kid must do his job and we have to swarm to the ball and make the tackles when we get there. It's going to be a challenge that's for sure. I have faith that our coaches will have them prepared and it will be up to the kids to win their individual battles. And our offense has to move the ball and sustain drives. We can't be 3 and out very much and send our defense right back out on the field. Gonna be a battle but I like our chances.

No they haven't faced a run quite like Bvlle's. I do know that LL can play physical and disciplined. That is why I am saying it's gonna be a heck of a game. I'm being a little homerish. LL has yet to play anyone that has had an answer for their offense or defense. Seems someone would have by now. Maybe Bville can.

Exactly what everyone said about Alto. Seems Beckville found out how to stop it.

still say the turn overs really hurt Alto. Yes Bvlle took advantage of it and played a great game. LL and Bvlle have both been underrated. Both are gonna be bringing their A game. I know it sounds cliché but execution will win the day at this stage of the season. Blowouts start getting far and few between by the 3rd round.

still say the turn overs really hurt Alto. Yes Bvlle took advantage of it and played a great game. LL and Bvlle have both been underrated. Both are gonna be bringing their A game. I know it sounds cliché but execution will win the day at this stage of the season. Blowouts start getting far and few between by the 3rd round.

Turnovers didn't win this game. The Bearcats won due to great coaching and execution by the players . If the game was 1 touchdown maybe . Alto was out coached period.

• Like 1

Turnovers didn't win this game. The Bearcats won due to great coaching and execution by the players . If the game was 1 touchdown maybe . Alto was out coached period.

So with your logic and being a similar score against Shelbyville does that mean yall got outcoached? Period?

• Like 1

So when Beckville lost to Shelbyville did they get out coached or just out played?

With the score I would say out played by a team that was better that night.

So why is Shelbyville out played yall and but yall out coached Alto? How quick everybody forgets Alto dropped a wide open pass in the endzone that faked your defense out and roughed the punter right before half to give yall a TD. Those 2 plays are the difference between a tie game at half the other night , coaching had nothing to do with that , that's just how football goes sometimes. I've said congrats to you guys yall had better team and flat out beat us. Even hope to catch this game Saturday.

So why is Shelbyville out played yall and but yall out coached Alto? How quick everybody forgets Alto dropped a wide open pass in the endzone that faked your defense out and roughed the punter right before half to give yall a TD. Those 2 plays are the difference between a tie game at half the other night , coaching had nothing to do with that , that's just how football goes sometimes. I've said congrats to you guys yall had better team and flat out beat us. Even hope to catch this game Saturday.

So you put all your eggs on 1 person to win the game. He is contained not stopped but your team lacks the ability to adjust to what Beckville offense did. When you got behind which didn't happen all year you did not have a answer. Alto is a good team but 2 plays you keep talking about didn't loss the game for you. Just my thoughts you can watch film and continue to see other plays to make you fell better about the loss but a 4 td loss and 1 on jv secondary you might need to look at every play for the win.

Mr. Red I said it before the game and I'll say it now . We respect Alto, you all are a classy buch of folks . As for me , what's done is done and in the past . We have bigger fish to fry. I'll leave with this final comment and be done with commenting here. I think what Cats is trying to say is that the 3 or 4 or however many plays your talking about wouldn't have made a difference. For example, yall recovered an onside kick on our end of the field and still could t score . Here is what Cats is saying, we hit yall in the mouth and yall didn't know how to respond . Your guys, on paper, should have lit us up . But we came out and dominated the line of scrimmage, swarmed to the ball, and beat yall square up. That's all he's sayihg. The penalties and turnovers ,,,at the rate yall were playing you might have scored once. No disrespect, it was smash mouth ball at it's finest. Like I said , yall are a classy bunch and have a rich tradition and we respect that. You have the program we would one day like to have. Good luck to yall and have a happy thanksgiving .

No Shelbyville beat Beckville because healthy they are likely the better football team . As physical as Beckville is, Shelbyville is just plain nasty. . I'm hoping to see them get healthy so we could possibly see a full strength Beckville and Shelbyville game if they are fortunate enough to get through Lovelady& Centerville .

No Shelbyville beat Beckville because healthy they are likely the better football team . As physical as Beckville is, Shelbyville is just plain nasty. . I'm hoping to see them get healthy so we could possibly see a full strength Beckville and Shelbyville game if they are fortunate enough to get through Lovelady& Centerville .

Nobody left playing in 2a has ever seen anything like shelbyville except for Beckville. People don't realize the fire and attitude they play with. Think about it like this. Imagine mike Tyson at 20, that's what shelbyville brings to the table anger and intensity and when or if you play them you wil find out.