Lovelady vs. Beckville

jacketgrad06

Lovelady vs Beckville  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Yeah, BV just outplayed us big time..We only stopped them on 4th down like twice the entire game...I have to give them credit for how they handled us...we made mistakes, but not enough to matter imo...I am rooting for them the rest of the way...I grew up with Lance and played for Lucky..I hope they go all the way

• Like 1

Beckville will not be at full strength the remainder of the year. 2 starting receiver/defensive backs out. 1 with a head injury,one with a broken arm.

Shelbyville won't be either. Starting cornerback is out for year, he was also Burrell's backup. I don't see Burrell getting to 100 percent either.

Like daddy always told me, sometimes the bygod meanest wins... Through my years in football and the marine corps, and the oilfield, yep it's true.. There's them times when there ain't nothing left to do but swell up and go get it done. This may be one of those seasons, luck to those left as she deals a hand in every game.

One game at a time of...but I'd sure like to see a Beckville/Shelbyville rematch with no distractions.

Yes I think we all would. Turned into a completely different ballgame. Not to disrespect Shelbyville. They won and the most important thing was the healing that followed. But I think any blue bleeding Bearcat wants a rematch to see what happens! We have to get by Lovelady first though. Like you say, one game at a time!

Beckville is used to being the underdog. It's not a bad place to be...less pressure. Even though those boys just came off of a BIG W...I know they're not looking past LL. LL wouldn't be in round #3 if they weren't deserving of it. I believe it's going to be a great game... A fight down to that final whistle.

We are sitting in a good spot. Been talked about FOREVER about how weak of a schedule we played. Passing game was horrible last week but still managed to win going away, and still no respect. Playing a team the just did what nobody thought they could do. I like where we are. If we will just come out and play like we can, it's gonna be pretty quiet on here come Saturday evening. Rise up Lions and EARN your respect!!!!!!!!

Exactly... I believe The 'Ville and LL are going to put on quiet a show. If them 'Cats have a game like last week it's my opinion they will come out on top. However they can't come out half-stepping (which I know they won't.) LL wants it too. They won't just rollover. Gonna be a BIG game.

The underdog with no respect?? Who disrespected lovelady...because they didn't vote for y'all? Cmon man

I'm not just talking about this thread. It's been said repeatedly across many threads. And I'm not saying it's not justified. We didn't play many quality teams. I know as a fan, it's fuels me. Voting? Really. 75% of voting is homerism so I don't put much weight in those results. Cmon man, it's all good.

The Bearcat is an elusive creature that knows how to survive in extreme conditions. I once saw a Bearcat on one of those Alaska shows that was caught in a steel trap, that Bearcat chewed his leg off and escaped. They also have narly looking teeth that they use to dispatch their prey...The Bearcats are some bad animals indeed. I don't think a little rain and cool temperatures will faze them at all seeing as how it gets so bone chilling cold in Alaska.

Now from what I know about a Lion, they are more of a hot weather animal...I see them on Nat Geo channel running around in the deserts. It is not going to be hot Saturday. I wonder if a Lion will hunker down in cold weather? Never seen a lion in cold weather. It is true that a lion (from what ive seen on the shows) are meat eaters and are mean at times...but ive also seen those lion tamers at the zoos walk right up to one and pet him on the head. I ask you a question, have you ever seen a Bearcat tamer pet a Bearcat on the head? No, you have not. That's because Bearcats are nastier than lions.

For these reasons. among others, Im going with the nasty Bearcats.

The Bearcat is an elusive creature that knows how to survive in extreme conditions. I once saw a Bearcat on one of those Alaska shows that was caught in a steel trap, that Bearcat chewed his leg off and escaped. They also have narly looking teeth that they use to dispatch their prey...The Bearcats are some bad animals indeed. I don't think a little rain and cool temperatures will faze them at all seeing as how it gets so bone chilling cold in Alaska.

Now from what I know about a Lion, they are more of a hot weather animal...I see them on Nat Geo channel running around in the deserts. It is not going to be hot Saturday. I wonder if a Lion will hunker down in cold weather? Never seen a lion in cold weather. It is true that a lion (from what ive seen on the shows) are meat eaters and are mean at times...but ive also seen those lion tamers at the zoos walk right up to one and pet him on the head. I ask you a question, have you ever seen a Bearcat tamer pet a Bearcat on the head? No, you have not. That's because Bearcats are nastier than lions.

Beckville has been in the mix the last 3 years in a very tough district, so this is not a fluke. They have great kids who work their tails off and who are very disciplined. Great kids and the addition Jerry Malone to the mix and you have a winning combination. Jerry is a differnce maker! You have to be able to put a plan together to stop people and he is one of the best. Good Luck Bearcats!

Hopefully, we can get some in-depth analysis on what would happen if a real Bearcat and a real Lion met up in a mud pit. Doomed? You're up!

I will be at the Beckville vs Lovelady game at TMF Rose Stadium Saturday shooting for Dave Campell's Texas Football.

Also, if you have a player you would like me to photograph, email me at [email protected] with the team and number and I'll do my best to get you some shots of your athlete in action.

I will email you the link to see the photos.

DSC_2182.JPGDSC_2039.JPG_DSC3731.JPG_DSC3894.JPG

Well the Bearcats are 11pt underdogs as it turns out LLIONPRIDE, which I would have bet money that that's how it would go

How can this be? They played in the toughest district in the state and just beat the regional champion favorite. Total nonsense I tell you, total nonsense.