West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt @ Lobo Stadium

CrimsonTide21

West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I personally love the idea of Thanksgiving football. For one, it gets me outta the house in-laws house after dinner as well as outta Black Friday shopping a little early. This is the second time Frazier has done this sort of thing.

As for the West Rusk-Winona game, West Rusk jumped to a 21-0 first-half lead behind 2 passing touchdowns from Starling to Hicks.

Winona cut the deficit to 7 at the half. The 1st score was a fumble return. Winona scored early in the 3rd to tie the game at 21-all. West Rusk responded with a touchdown on the next drive to make it 28-21.

Winona drove inside West Rusk's 1-yard line, but was stopped on 4th-and-goa with just over 10-1/2 minutes left in the game.

West Rusk responded by running out the clock, and Winona never got the ball back.

Ballard had 300+ on the ground in that game. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I'm going to be a homer, but I'm riding with my Bulls again this week. I don't care what records say, these kids believe in themselves even if everyone else doesn't. Besides, call it crazy, call it stupid, but these boys want another shot at Waskom. Win or lose, WR better wear their big boy underwear cause their gonna get hit for 48 minutes. Go Brahmas!

• Like 1

I don't know anything about West Rusk this year so I won't bother making a pick, but the last time Pewitt made it to the 3rd round, 5 years ago, was also in Lobo Stadium.

That was...fun?

Was that 2010? The same year WR made it to the 4th round. Beating WR will be simple. Stop the run( thunder and lightening), stop the pass( 15, 4, 1) and be able to score a lot! Simple as it is, only Waskom has done it so far. PP ain't Waskom! Lol
  • Like 1

Was that 2010? The same year WR made it to the 4th round. Beating WR will be simple. Stop the run( thunder and lightening), stop the pass( 15, 4, 1) and be able to score a lot! Simple as it is, only Waskom has done it so far. PP ain't Waskom! Lol

true true..raiders by 2 maybe 3 touchdowns! Sorry PP homers it's the truth.

Game should be a good one brahmas are avg 30-20 a game WR 35-18 a game. Both put up similar numbers on HS. WR played Waskom 8th game of year when things should be clicking and got beat 0-40. Pewitt played them 2nd game of year and got beat by 0-30. I think a lot of people sleep on Pewitt because of those first two goose eggs, but if you don't think changing offenses is part of that equation, then you don't poop about football. Of coarse I'm going with my Brahmas and I'm not bashing WR at all. Great team and great season. I'm a homer so I'll take Pewitt but it will be a nail biter.

It was, Pewitt went 5 rounds that year before running into eventual champion Idalou. East Texas as a whole was rough that year. "Stop the run, stop the pass, score a lot" sounds like the formula every coach in history has drawn up on paper lol.