West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt @ Lobo Stadium

CrimsonTide21

West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Troup7on7. I'm guessing your from Troup. Why are you on this thread. It's like Queen City chiming in. This is a group of winners talking good ole smack. Go practice free throws.

I love the way they're talkin to you... Cuz they're winners. Winners get to do what they want. All you ever did with your life was make a hot daughter... Thats it.

J/k- But seriously, troup7on7's son (who I believe went to HS in Troup) is an assistant coach for West Rusk.

We saw PP play Winona. We think this will be a real good game. Don't think you have what it takes to beat us down. Should be a close game and I wouldn't be surprised if the home side gets real quiet quickly. I'm confident in the Raiders. You will have to defend every aspect of the game man to man. You can't key in on the run, or the pass or you will get burned. We have depth, skill and speed. Lineman are as good as it gets. When we played Winona, take away a few mistakes, we completely controlled the game. Our plan is to get ahead and dare you to pass. That's when when your wheels will really fall off. Good luck with all of that. Other than Waskom, no one has stopped us and it won't start Thursday.

I normally wouldn't say a 28-21 game is very controlling but I felt that way about Winona vs Pewitt as well. Now don't get me wrong, I was waiting for one of them to get away at any second. I bet you was to considering you had a 21-0 lead almost slip away. That's one of the reasons I think this is going to be an epic game. Pewitt has depth for the first time as well. Gentry has done a good job of keeping his starters rested and giving the younger boys a chance to show what they have. I think Pewitt has only one kid hurt with a knee injury and that was from 7 on 7 in the spring. For WR to win this game you will have to jump out with a 2-3 touchdown lead. If not the battering rams will keep plugging away.

I normally wouldn't say a 28-21 game is very controlling but I felt that way about Winona vs Pewitt as well. Now don't get me wrong, I was waiting for one of them to get away at any second. I bet you was to considering you had a 21-0 lead almost slip away. That's one of the reasons I think this is going to be an epic game. Pewitt has depth for the first time as well. Gentry has done a good job of keeping his starters rested and giving the younger boys a chance to show what they have. I think Pewitt has only one kid hurt with a knee injury and that was from 7 on 7 in the spring. For WR to win this game you will have to jump out with a 2-3 touchdown lead. If not the battering rams will keep plugging away.

might end up 2 teams plugging away. This game will probably be done by 8:30.

I think this game comes down to West Rusk finesse offense verses Paul Pewitt's power offense. I pick WR because of their total team speed but I believe the game could go to Pewitt also. WR will throw the ball a lot and the QB and recievers are very atheltic and can take it to the house at anytime so PP will have to contain them. WR on the other hand will have to shut down PP running game. PP though running out of the spread still runs with power and can eat up a lot of clock, I don't think PP really likes to throw the ball so they will stay with what they do well, pounding the ball. Flip a coin this should be a good game and I will be there to watch.

You could be right. I think it will be the opposite with the defenses determining it. I'm partial to Pewitt's but really have no idea about WR's. I watched them play basically HS's JV in the playoffs. Not much to compare there. It does seem that teams can score against them.

You could be right. I think it will be the opposite with the defenses determining it. I'm partial to Pewitt's but really have no idea about WR's. I watched them play basically HS's JV in the playoffs. Not much to compare there. It does seem that teams can score against them.

Defense is PP strong suit in my view stop the big play and PP wins I don't think WR will be able to just drive the ball consistently.

I think this game comes down to West Rusk finesse offense verses Paul Pewitt's power offense. I pick WR because of their total team speed but I believe the game could go to Pewitt also. WR will throw the ball a lot and the QB and recievers are very atheltic and can take it to the house at anytime so PP will have to contain them. WR on the other hand will have to shut down PP running game. PP though running out of the spread still runs with power and can eat up a lot of clock, I don't think PP really likes to throw the ball so they will stay with what they do well, pounding the ball. Flip a coin this should be a good game and I will be there to watch.

Nick Ballard has around 2000 yards rushing and is 220lbs. I don't call that finesse. The rest is correct!

After all the stats being analyzed for the season this game looks to be close; I'd say seven points or less with a slight edge favoring WR stat wise. However, PP is not to be underestimated. PP is not the same team that started the season. No dis intended, but I doubt seriously the WR QB being on the same level and playing skills as Leonard's Sr. QB Ryan Nixon. Nixon drove the Tigers up and down the field all night last Friday, but suffered four interception, and couldn't reach the end zone against the vaunted PP pass defense. Unarguably the best QB PP faced this year. PP played a solid forty eight minutes. If PP plays as competitively as they did against Leonard and as mistake free (one turnover, two penalties) as the played against Hughes Springs, they will give WR a hard fought contest, and it could be a toss up - either way it should be a great game, and good luck to both squads.

Nice assessment. The fake punt helped them in the first quarter but cost Leonard their TE to an injury. I will say the Leonard QB had the quickest delivery but was helped by a few non-called intentional groundings. I know of twice that he only took one step to throw it away. No way he was out of the pocket. I had my zoom lens on him all night.22800642289_e98b47c7e7_b.jpgthumb_DSC01281_1024 by Walter Cox, on Flickr

Pi** poor to be playing on Thanksgiving night, just a opinion but that's why I have my occupation and coaches have theirs to make those kind of decisions

WR played on Thanksgiving in 2011 and it was great! Lots of people at the game that didn't have a dog in the hunt. I was hoping for a chance to do it again.