West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt @ Lobo Stadium

CrimsonTide21

West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I love how Winona is getting trashed as the common denominator here. Pewitt was 1 play away from busting it open any second and West Rusk mauled us when they werent busy shooting themselves in the foot. Give me a ####### break. We were in both of those games to the last couple of minutes. The Pewitt game was a dogfight that went blow for blow til PP broke our backs mid/late 4th quarter with the play action pass to #3 (which a 9th grader got lost in coverage). Then we just started doing dumb stuff trying to get a quick score and get back in it. Never was that game 1 play away from being a beatdown. As for West Rusk- We controlled the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Erased a 21 point (very nearly a 28 point) lead. Just couldn't stop Ballard in the 4th. Some of you are so full of yourselves.... Can't give anyone any credit. 'Yeah... Winona was no good. Our kids were just out there running into each other like the 3 stooges. Looked like we were doing a Chinese fire drill'. If that's really what you think, then A) you watched different games than I did and B) what does that point of view really say about your team?

• Like 2

I think this game comes down to West Rusk finesse offense verses Paul Pewitt's power offense. I pick WR because of their total team speed but I believe the game could go to Pewitt also. WR will throw the ball a lot and the QB and recievers are very atheltic and can take it to the house at anytime so PP will have to contain them. WR on the other hand will have to shut down PP running game. PP though running out of the spread still runs with power and can eat up a lot of clock, I don't think PP really likes to throw the ball so they will stay with what they do well, pounding the ball. Flip a coin this should be a good game and I will be there to watch.

Wild, you going? I was thinking about it. Gonna bring my rain gear from work just in case!! ;) If ya go, let me know which side you're sitting on. NO KNEE ROOM ON LOBO HOME SIDE!!

I thought Winona played a hard game, I was there and i didn't see any really bad plays from them, Pewitt was just a powerhouse to stop really by anybody. it was the best game for Pewitt to learn by, some fast kids, good passing.

That wasn't directed at you bro. Or even the other Pewitt fans. Just the one that said something to the effect that PP was about to bust that game open any second. It never felt like that. Don't understand how anyone could say that.

WR played on Thanksgiving in 2011 and it was great! Lots of people at the game that didn't have a dog in the hunt. I was hoping for a chance to do it again.

I suppose if your teams is playing at thanksgiving that's a accomplishment. I hear our point guard is practicing 3's and inbound passes

I have read everything being said on this thread and it is a lot of fun. That being said, I am looking forward to some good high school football on Thanksgiving. I want my Raiders to walk away with the win, but my prayer is that all the boys walk away safely at the end of the night. #RPND

• Like 1

I suppose if your teams is playing at thanksgiving that's a accomplishment. I hear our point guard is practicing 3's and inbound passes

I was wondering what that "clanking off the backboard" sound was I heard while driving thru HS on the way to Mount Pleasant last Friday. Never fear, JJ will join you guys on the hard court next Monday.

I was wondering what that "clanking off the backboard" sound was I heard while driving thru HS on the way to Mount Pleasant last Friday. Never fear, JJ will join you guys on the hard court next Monday.

I was wondering what that smell was last Friday. Thought it was chicken guts but now I know.

Waskom posters your praying WR beats us. Your counting on it. You played WR 8th game of the year and cleaned their clock. They hadn't improved since week 9. Do you clean our clock? Yes, but second game of season when the boys didn't have a clue what they were doing on offense. I'm sure boys don't care and are ready for anybody. Yall got great kids. Love the Aimee kids love for the game. But you posters and I GUARTEE you the coaches are praying WR wins. Not because they have all this love for D8, but because you know the Brahmas will be hard to put down. Now go ahead and make your jokes and laugh it off.

Waskom posters your praying WR beats us. Your counting on it. You played WR 8th game of the year and cleaned their clock. They hadn't improved since week 9. Do you clean our clock? Yes, but second game of season when the boys didn't have a clue what they were doing on offense. I'm sure boys don't care and are ready for anybody. Yall got great kids. Love the Aimee kids love for the game. But you posters and I GUARTEE you the coaches are praying WR wins. Not because they have all this love for D8, but because you know the Brahmas will be hard to put down. Now go ahead and make your jokes and laugh it off.

No need to make jokes or laugh anything off. You're doing just fine all by yourself.

I don't know about ####ing their pants- and I cant speak for Waskom coaches or fans- but after playing both I'd rather play West Rusk again hands down before Pewitt. The strength and physicality of the Brahmas sets them apart. Our game was like some Mustangs, Camaros, and a couple of Corvettes trying to win a demolition derby against a bunch of Ford Super Duty trucks and a couple of Peterbilts.

Naw Sammy the Natch isn't delusional. After we beat WR, we're gonna skin some wildcats. Btw I love Yosemite Sam myself. You fellas have had a great run but that son of a ### comes to an end when you face the Brahmas. Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw Sammy the Natch isn't delusional. After we beat WR, we're gonna skin some wildcats. Btw I love Yosemite Sam myself. You fellas have had a great run but that son of a ### comes to an end when you face the Brahmas. Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... that analogy just lost some of us less mechanical knuckleheads in the dust.

Ok how about this- some Leopards, Hyenas and a couple of Cheetahs in a battle royal with some Grizzly bears, Cape Buffalo, and a couple of Rhinos. Lol