West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt @ Lobo Stadium

CrimsonTide21

West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Waskom posters your praying WR beats us. Your counting on it. You played WR 8th game of the year and cleaned their clock. They hadn't improved since week 9. Do you clean our clock? Yes, but second game of season when the boys didn't have a clue what they were doing on offense. I'm sure boys don't care and are ready for anybody. Yall got great kids. Love the Aimee kids love for the game. But you posters and I GUARTEE you the coaches are praying WR wins. Not because they have all this love for D8, but because you know the Brahmas will be hard to put down. Now go ahead and make your jokes and laugh it off.

Really? Waskom wasn't picked to win district 8 this year. They have many newcomers and I'm sure they weren't polished when they routed you the first go around. Everyone has improved week to week. Some more than others. Don't think for one moment that if you get the opportunity to play Waskom again, it will be the same team you met in week 2.

Lexington 24-0

WR wins by 14+ too many athletes point blank

West Rusk may win, but you're sleeping on Pewitt bro. Winona had some very good athletes too... We had a speed advantage too... We had a great back too. They are fundamentally sound and salty AF on defense. They do a great job of controlling and negating an opponents speed advantage and just pounding you into submission with the 3A equivalent of Maurice Jones-Drew and Jerome Bettis. Then when you creep up too close and let your guard down in the secondary, they'll drop a pass in over the top. Extremely difficult to defend. Its something you can only fully respect after seeing it in person against your team. You'll see.

West Rusk may win, but you're sleeping on Pewitt bro. Winona had some very good athletes too... We had a speed advantage too... We had a great back too. They are fundamentally sound and salty AF on defense. They do a great job of controlling and negating an opponents speed advantage and just pounding you into submission with the 3A equivalent of Maurice Jones-Drew and Jerome Bettis. Then when you creep up too close and let your guard down in the secondary, they'll drop a pass in over the top. Extremely difficult to defend. Its something you can only fully respect after seeing it in person against your team. You'll see.

I saw the game. Winona let me down. I felt like you missed the little speedster you didn't play. On D didn't pursue the edges well. Missed some opportunities and they took control at the end. You keep praising PP on but I think Winona had a better team, just didn't make it work last week. PP, Arp or West Rusk is still a couple of steps behind Waskom. There on a different level.

I saw the game. Winona let me down. I felt like you missed the little speedster you didn't play. On D didn't pursue the edges well. Missed some opportunities and they took control at the end. You keep praising PP on but I think Winona had a better team, just didn't make it work last week. PP, Arp or West Rusk is still a couple of steps behind Waskom. There on a different level.

I don't disagree with you man. We had a hard time getting off blocks, needed to pursue better, didn't tackle well... all that. But alot of that was just them. We had opportunities that we didn't take advantage of. I felt like we could have won the game as well. We all did. S###- we let you down? We let us down. As far as being the better team- I felt like we were the more athletic team, but not the better team. I watched the film over and over for 2 days after that game. I saw everything we did poorly and everything PP did well. That's why I keep praising Pewitt the way I do. You have no idea how many times our kids were tomahawking that ball trying to punch it out (with ZERO success) or how many times our kid would run up and stick them, wrap up and everything only to have their tackle run thru. Our kids were all in. They gave every ounce of everything they had... There are some that can just now walk and move around well again because they were so beat up from that game. I'm just trying to let everyone know. Better be ready for a war. Win or lose, WR is gonna take a beating.

Fundamentally, when their backs get outside or to the second level (at some point, you better believe they will) and they are in one on one situations with kids that weigh 50-75 lbs less than they do, you are guaranteed to lose alot more of those individual battles than you win. Its not rocket science. Especially when the big kids you're talking about run as angry as Pewitt's do. #1... Lamon Hillis. Remember the name. Kid is a monster. You should have went and seen him up close. 225-230 and as wide across the chest as a king size bed.

Fundamentally, when their backs get outside or to the second level (at some point, you better believe they will) and they are in one on one situations with kids that weigh 50-75 lbs less than they do, you are guaranteed to lose alot more of those individual battles than you win. Its not rocket science. Especially when the big kids you're talking about run as angry as Pewitt's do. #1... Lamon Hillis. Remember the name. Kid is a monster. You should have went and seen him up close. 225-230 and as wide across the chest as a king size bed.

Speed kills, strength punishes. I have said it again and again. These boys are strong and quite a few of them are stupid strong. We may line up in a different offense now, but what remains the same is, we know we won't out run you, so we run through you.

Speed kills, strength punishes. I have said it again and again. These boys are strong and quite a few of them are stupid strong. We may line up in a different offense now, but what remains the same is, we know we won't out run you, so we run through you.

that same mentality is why ARP is playing this week. We have embraced 4-5 yards plays as the big play. When I saw ARP stop lone Oak on the half yard line and goal, we took it 99.5 yards 20 plays with 3 penalties included and broke the back bone of Lone Oak. That was ball game. After that I think ARP proved we aren't just speed and big plays. We are execution with studs! I told the old sup on the sidelines during that drive that we just witnessed the new mentality of the ARP program.

West Rusk is not Winona. We are bigger and more physical. WR controlled the line against them all night. We have an answer for your running up the gut. His name is Joe Wright! 26 tackles last week. Yes there will be a fight Thursday because pp and WR look about the same. I still say we are more rounded and can score different ways. I'm glad your on the home side! That's the most uncomfortable seats anywhere. Grown men don't have enough room.

West Rusk is not Winona. We are bigger and more physical. WR controlled the line against them all night. We have an answer for your running up the gut. His name is Joe Wright! 26 tackles last week. Yes there will be a fight Thursday because pp and WR look about the same. I still say we are more rounded and can score different ways. I'm glad your on the home side! That's the most uncomfortable seats anywhere. Grown men don't have enough room.

I know y'all arent Winona. WR is more well rounded and slightly more athletic than Winona. We are a year away from having a team like yalls. I will say you are right about yall controlling the line against us. The WR O-line is excellent. The problem for WR is that Pewitt's line is nearly as good. All that being said, Pewitt is stronger across the board. And Joe Wright is a h### of a player, but he can't stop them by himself. Not these monsters.

Its really going to be a great game. Y'all don't even know. All of us who don't have a 'dog in the fight' are going to be in for a treat.

Guest troup7on7

BTW, what idiot schedules a football game for high schoolers on Thanksgiving day? Coach for West Rusk must hate his home life!

What idiot calls a man an idiot that he don't even know. Ooo that would be you. Give me a break. If PP didn't want to play on Thanksgiving they had a say so.

Guest troup7on7

BTW, what idiot schedules a football game for high schoolers on Thanksgiving day? Coach for West Rusk must hate his home life!

For your info the West Rusk coach has more integrity,class,and knowledge then you will ever know. You want to start something, you get on here talking bad about him, and see how far that get you.

• Like 2