West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt @ Lobo Stadium

CrimsonTide21

West Rusk vs Paul Pewitt  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I think your spot on with this. Pewitt has the best pass defense that I have ever witnessed. Now I think West Rusk is fixing to test it like no one else has. I'm sure they are going to give up a couple of long td's. It is how they control themselves when that happens. As long as they breathe through it and keep up their attack it will be fine. If they lose composure, it's over. Same thing can be said about West Rusk's run defense.

Going to be a good one. Get your popcorn ready.

Man GBB Pewitt has the best pass defense you've ever seen. How good was it those let's say first 4 or 5 games of the year when you were non existent on here?

The big difference in the pass defense is the pressure the qb is under. Winona and Leonard had good GBs, Leonard's was big and accurate, but he spent the night running for his life. He was good, and pulled out some nice touch passes but many times he was throwing it away or into the turf or to PP because of the pressure. We had 4 ints and should have had more. I know we dropped one pick 6. WR QB won't be standing still throwing the football, he will be running for his life hoping to make a play. He may be that good, but he won't win this game standing in the pocket. When he does make a mistake and lobs up a bad pass, there will be a herd of Bulls there to catch it.

Guest troup7on7

We're going to focus on pounding whoever has the ball, every time they have the ball for 48 minutes. With the exception of Waskom, WR has not been hit like

they're gonna get hit Thursday night. The constant pounding takes its toll.

That sounds just like what Howe said in their pegame comments on FSSW. Im sure PP is coming with both guns loaded and every other saying you can think of. It will be a good game. I hope that PP (fans) think that they can stop the pass and stop WR or stop the run and stop WR. Not that it really matters what the fans think.

WR 35 - PP 14

The big difference in the pass defense is the pressure the qb is under. Winona and Leonard had good GBs, Leonard's was big and accurate, but he spent the night running for his life. He was good, and pulled out some nice touch passes but many times he was throwing it away or into the turf or to PP because of the pressure. We had 4 ints and should have had more. I know we dropped one pick 6. WR QB won't be standing still throwing the football, he will be running for his life hoping to make a play. He may be that good, but he won't win this game standing in the pocket. When he does make a mistake and lobs up a bad pass, there will be a herd of Bulls there to catch it.

I can see you PP guys have no clue who you are about to play. Everything WR does is quick! No standing around in the pocket. If you gauging yourself by the Winona game your a fool. It's simple! WR is balanced with depth. Not a typical small school football team. No one dimension planning here. While your corners are covering, Ballard will get his yards. When they cover the run, we hit homeruns. I saw pp play and doubt they will stay with WR. I personally think Howe is a better team than PP.

I can see you PP guys have no clue who you are about to play. Everything WR does is quick! No standing around in the pocket. If you gauging yourself by the Winona game your a fool. It's simple! WR is balanced with depth. Not a typical small school football team. No one dimension planning here. While your corners are covering, Ballard will get his yards. When they cover the run, we hit homeruns. I saw pp play and doubt they will stay with WR. I personally think Howe is a better team than PP.

very true

It doesn't matter what any of us fans say in the end it will be up to the young men on the field, who capitalizes on who's mistakes! It's going to be tight but the fact is we are both in 3rd round of playoffs and PP is who has come from nothing to Regionals and not by chance but by blood sweat and tears. Bulls keep fighting there is a bigger goal here than a trophy!

WR beat Winona by a Td but you are somehow way better than they are? You got taken to the WOODSHED by Waskom but you are soooo good. Common Man, you've had a good season, no doubt but ain't nobody scared of Weat Rusk. You could very well win the game, I never predicted a win, I just stated an opinion about what PP is going to do. Three weeks in a row, even one game we lost, everybody was running their mouth about how we can't stop this kid or that kid. How many have run their mouths after the game? JS

True. But alot of the time those employees are happy to get the opportunity to log some overtime hours and the pay that goes with. A large district like Longview shouldn't have too much trouble finding volunteers if some of the regulars have family obligations.

only problem with working for a school and i assume it's like this at other places you have to work 40 hours before you get OT. with Thursday being a holiday it makes it and Friday straight time

It doesn't matter what any of us fans say in the end it will be up to the young men on the field, who capitalizes on who's mistakes! It's going to be tight but the fact is we are both in 3rd round of playoffs and PP is who has come from nothing to Regionals and not by chance but by blood sweat and tears. Bulls keep fighting there is a bigger goal here than a trophy!

Im not sure what your goal is but ours is the trophy and sending you home for Thanksgiving leftovers! Oh and get the heat on in the gym, supposed to be cold next week.

I think Pewitt is going to win... Honestly. I think those backs are the difference. I know West Rusk has Ballard but Betts & Hillis for PP are just different. I dont think the Raiders have faced 2 kids like those this year. I think they are the difference.

I hope this game is as good as I think it's going to be.

I hope this game is as good as I think it's going to be.

I'm kinda thinking that it will either be a slobber knocker of a close game, or a blowout either way, depending on which teams depart the bus. Watched WR play HS and really wasn't impressed. Honestly didn't see hat they had improved ANY since we played in October.

Guest troup7on7

I'm kinda thinking that it will either be a slobber knocker of a close game, or a blowout either way, depending on which teams depart the bus. Watched WR play HS and really wasn't impressed. Honestly didn't see hat they had improved ANY since we played in October.

Is a good thing your perception of WR doesn't matter. They freakin dominated Howe from start to finish. They will be fine no matter what all you chest beaters think.

Guest troup7on7

If I'm not mistaken Howe beat the Gunter team that you guys played. No I'm not saying anything about WR beating Waskom. Just saying I'm tired of everyone saying WR doesn't impress them. Who cares if they impress you or not they still playing.