Texas Tech @ Texas

JustAFan11

Thanksgiving Day on FS1!

Charlie Strong PC!

@JeffHowe247: Strong said if he had to say today DOnta Foreman (finger surgery) would not play today against Texas Tech. #HookEm #Longhorns

@AnwarRichardson: Texas coach Charlie Strong said he told his players he's not going to Miami. Told them there is nothing to worry about

@JeffHowe247: Strong said of today Chris Warren would be the guy at running back. Johnathan Gray still recovering from a foot injury. #HookEm #Longhorns

@WVWilkerson: Charlie Strong doesn't think Patrick Vahe will be able to play. @HornsDigest

@Taylor_Gaspar: Charlie Strong on bringing back the Longhorns Thanksgiving game against Texas A&M: "I would love to play Texas A&M."

@Andrew_TFB: When asked about him looking for a way out of #Texas, Strong says "I don't run from anything."

@BDavisAAS: Today might be the most passionate and pointed comments I've heard from Charlie Strong about Texas since he was hired.

Here's some stats for Tech @ Texas

Texas offense averaging 39.0 points at home

Tech defense allowing 34.5 points on the road

Tech offense averaging 29.5 points on the road

Texas defense allowing 24.2 points at home

#24 Texas rushing offense (213.9) vs #122 Tech rushing defense (259.9)

#96 Texas rushing defense (194.2) vs #34 Tech rushing offense (196.8)

#2 Tech passing offense (391.3) vs #79 Texas passing defense (234.5)

#117 Texas passing offense (153.6) vs #116 Tech passing defense (286.9)

#9 Texas team sacks (32) #109 Tech (15)

#102 Texas sacks allowed (27) #39 Tech (17)

Tech hasn't won in Austin since 1997 or beat Texas since the Gideon drop in 2008

I think it all depends on if Texas can work the clock. I went and watched Tech play KState and it is unreal how fast Tech can move the ball down field. Texas has the better defense, but they simply cannot outscore Tech. Keep the defense on the sideline as much as possible.

This is the most under coached & least talented Texas team in school history. Just look at the gimmic plays they're trying against Tech....Tech?! Since when has Tech had a defense??

If you can't score on Tech, you needs to go back to the drawing board. Total embarrassment again.

I supported Strong for about 14 months, hoping, praying he could flip us; but it's obviuos that I wS wrong & he is clueless....

Regardless of the outcome of this game, count me off of the Charlie Strong bandwagon. I'm tired of seeing him look dumbfounded on the sideline, but most of all I'm tired of watching our players make the same bad mistakes they were making two months ago. Bad angles, getting cut blocked like a 7th grader, missing wide open receivers, etc...

PS - Dalton Santos may be the slowest LB in FBS football.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, count me off of the Charlie Strong bandwagon. I'm tired of seeing him look dumbfounded on the sideline, but most of all I'm tired of watching our players make the same bad mistakes they were making two months ago. Bad angles, getting cut blocked like a 7th grader, missing wide open receivers, etc...

PS - Dalton Santos may be the slowest LB in FBS football.

Why the dig at Santos? He hasn't played a down all season!