I bought a used car that had been wrecked?(unwittingly)

StillClyde

I bought a used car today. tried to go over it as much as possible. drove it too, but that was last night in the dark. Went and bought it this morning. a 2008 ford explorer. Was looking it over today once i got it home and in the good sunlight, i saw slight signs of overspray. then i looked down in the grill by the radiator and I saw it....broken tabs. Its been wrecked.

The thing that really urinates me off is that they showed me a car report on it and it was clear. SO what happened.? they've found a way to beat the system, buy wrecked cars and fix them without going to a body shop.

Do I have any rights as a consumer here or am I stuck with a wrecked vehicle? And even though it has been wrecked, could it still be a decent vehicle?

I thought there was a grace period you could return a vehicle.

in the state of Texas you sign an "AS IS" policy. just feel decieved after they produced a somehow doctored "vehicle report"

You might try reporting them to the Better business beureau... Then at least it will be public knowledge in case someone else has problems, it couldn't hurt!

already hit them really hard on yelp. and while reading some of the yelp reviews noticed more of the same. people getting sold previously wrecked cars.

the place is called Midway Auto Group in Addison texas. be warned.

I bought a used car today. tried to go over it as much as possible. drove it too, but that was last night in the dark. Went and bought it this morning. a 2008 ford explorer. Was looking it over today once i got it home and in the good sunlight, i saw slight signs of overspray. then i looked down in the grill by the radiator and I saw it....broken tabs. Its been wrecked.

The thing that really urinates me off is that they showed me a car report on it and it was clear. SO what happened.? they've found a way to beat the system, buy wrecked cars and fix them without going to a body shop.

Do I have any rights as a consumer here or am I stuck with a wrecked vehicle? And even though it has been wrecked, could it still be a decent vehicle?

Ouch sorry to hear this. They claim that's what happens if you wake up with a girl after drinking my squeezins, you seeing one thing and wakes up with another

already hit them really hard on yelp. and while reading some of the yelp reviews noticed more of the same. people getting sold previously wrecked cars.

the place is called Midway Auto Group in Addison texas. be warned.

You could threaten to take them to small claims court .... call Judge Judy ...

• 1 month later...