Cameron Yoemen vs Teague Lions 3AD1 Region 3 'ship game

WhosYoeDaddy

Cameron vs Teague 3AD1 Region 3  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take Region 3?

I was impressed last year with yoe qb play very smart, tough nosed kid that made several plays especially on 4th down, Smith is a beast and did most damage last year in 2ND half probably equally his talent, yoe wearing down teague and teague adjustment to try and cover Sims. Seems like smitherton is getting better each game and gaining confidence. It will take a complete effort in all phases for teague to win, and we have to be a little more unpredictable on offense, can't have mistakes like the past two weeks... A fumbled snap on two against Rockdale and fumbling numerous times against West. Have to take advantage of each possession. By the way really enjoy listening to yoe commentators do a good objective job

From Yoe Nation.......thank you. I think???? Not 100% sure. :huh:

Anyhoo, historically speaking you have to give the advantage to the Yoemen. The incredible amount of experience in the big game situation, and a well seasoned coaching staff absolutely tips the scale in Cameron's favor. I am sure that Teague has a team chock full of athletes, and that they are all hungry to dethrone the long-reigning champs, but we have been down this road with so many other teams with the exact same aspirations, and we always end up with the same end state.......a Cameron win. Is this the game that changes that trend.......I don't think so, but your mileage may vary depending on what side of the fence you are on.

I totally understand that Teague fans are going to be on here rooting for their team and predicting a huge Lions upset........why wouldn't they? And of course the Cameron fans will be on here predicting a 96 point drubbing at the hands of the mighty Yoe. We shouldn't expect anything less. It boils down to all those young men and their respective coaching staff who have put in so much work getting to this very point. All us old fellers can get on here and blow all the hot air we want, but we have no influence on the outcome of this game. We just like to stir it up a bit on their behalf. :lol:

I do honestly believe this will be a heckuva game, and fun to watch. Of course I want Cameron to win, but I never underestimate an opponent, and I know Teague will come out #### off and ready to fight to the very end. Nobody is just going to roll over and give it up to anyone at this point in the process. We have gotten to a position in the bracket where we have weeded out all the non-hackers, and the only teams left are the gritty, gutsy, balls to the wall teams that want to play in Houston. Unfortunately, somebody has to lose and go home, since this is not an "everybody gets a trophy" situation. So one of these extremely talented teams will be turning in gear on December 7th. My long standing wish throughout the entire season is that none of our young men suffer any type of serious injury, from either school.

Bottom line......I think Cameron defense has to step it up, especially the secondary, and the offense needs to control the line of scrimmage and wear down the Lions with a punishing, and morale killing run game featuring T. Smith, plus airing it out just enough to keep Teague off balance. I just hope it doesn't come down to special teams, field goals or PAT's, because that is Cameron's achilles heel this year for sure. :unsure: The team that makes the fewest mistakes and/or turnovers will hold a HUGE advantage as well.

We know you're coming Teague. We know you want revenge. We hear you, and we understand, because we have been there and done that. The best I can say is "Good luck to you sir," because Cameron and the Yoe faithful will be there in full force, and we don't tend to go down easy.

Good luck to both squads!!

Cameron by 7. :D

• Like 1

From Yoe Nation.......thank you. I think???? Not 100% sure. :huh:

Anyhoo, historically speaking you have to give the advantage to the Yoemen. The incredible amount of experience in the big game situation, and a well seasoned coaching staff absolutely tips the scale in Cameron's favor. I am sure that Teague has a team chock full of athletes, and that they are all hungry to dethrone the long-reigning champs, but we have been down this road with so many other teams with the exact same aspirations, and we always end up with the same end state.......a Cameron win. Is this the game that changes that trend.......I don't think so, but your mileage may vary depending on what side of the fence you are on.

I totally understand that Teague fans are going to be on here rooting for their team and predicting a huge Lions upset........why wouldn't they? And of course the Cameron fans will be on here predicting a 96 point drubbing at the hands of the mighty Yoe. We shouldn't expect anything less. It boils down to all those young men and their respective coaching staff who have put in so much work getting to this very point. All us old fellers can get on here and blow all the hot air we want, but we have no influence on the outcome of this game. We just like to stir it up a bit on their behalf. :lol:

I do honestly believe this will be a heckuva game, and fun to watch. Of course I want Cameron to win, but I never underestimate an opponent, and I know Teague will come out #### off and ready to fight to the very end. Nobody is just going to roll over and give it up to anyone at this point in the process. We have gotten to a position in the bracket where we have weeded out all the non-hackers, and the only teams left are the gritty, gutsy, balls to the wall teams that want to play in Houston. Unfortunately, somebody has to lose and go home, since this is not an "everybody gets a trophy" situation. So one of these extremely talented teams will be turning in gear on December 7th. My long standing wish throughout the entire season is that none of our young men suffer any type of serious injury, from either school.

Bottom line......I think Cameron defense has to step it up, especially the secondary, and the offense needs to control the line of scrimmage and wear down the Lions with a punishing, and morale killing run game featuring T. Smith, plus airing it out just enough to keep Teague off balance. I just hope it doesn't come down to special teams, field goals or PAT's, because that is Cameron's achilles heel this year for sure. :unsure: The team that makes the fewest mistakes and/or turnovers will hold a HUGE advantage as well.

We know you're coming Teague. We know you want revenge. We hear you, and we understand, because we have been there and done that. The best I can say is "Good luck to you sir," because Cameron and the Yoe faithful will be there in full force, and we don't tend to go down easy.

Good luck to both squads!!

Cameron by 7. :D

I like everything in this post but "Cameron by 7" :)

Them Lions are still hungry. May the best team win. Get ready to meet the much improved Defense of The Teague Lions. This is the game Lion Nation wanted. Last year means nothing to these boys except Unfinished Business. Get ready for some smash mouthfootball. Game of the week. Teague by 14.

Grandview would beat Teague by 14-21. I don't really expect this game to be all that close.

You realize Teague won Malakoffs district? Your other fellow poster said PATs were Yoes Achilles heel all year, well that's what beat Malaloff. Malakoff had 7 TDs and Yoe had 6...

You realize Teague won Malakoffs district? Your other fellow poster said PATs were Yoes Achilles heel all year, well that's what beat Malaloff. Malakoff had 7 TDs and Yoe had 6...

It is unfortunate, but true. PAT's are hit or miss with us. Kicking game in general can be suspect at times, and it is a chink in the armor. I am not even sure if we have a single field goal for the year? I am not positive, as I was not able to attend all the regular season games, but there have been no FG attempts at any games I have been at. So far this season it has been a non-factor, but you never know when something like that might sneak up and bite you in the @$$. Championship caliber games tend to expose even the slightest weakness. Not trying to be Debbie Downer or anything, just being honest. Thankfully, Cameron makes up for that flaw in other areas. Whew!! Even with that issue, I still see Cameron pulling this one out and meeting up with the Region 4 winner.

Lol keep hanging your hats on that Malakoff score.

Agreed!! Their is no transitive property in Texas High School Football. I can surely see how one would like to make the correlation, but it is a pretty slippery slope to think you are going to beat a certain team just because you beat a mutual opponent by a larger margin. When Teague beat Malakoff this year, did they rally and come back from a 32-7 deficit? That says a LOT about a team. In fact, it says more to me than the winning margin of the final score. That shows heart, determination, and a willingness to dig down deep and embrace the $uck!! The Yoemen fought back like champions in that game. I have a feeling Teague might be seeing some more of that next Friday.

Shhhh!!! The Lions are resting... Talk is cheap! The Lions have wanted this game all year. It doesnt matter that you barely beat malakoff, or that they scored 40+ points on your Defense. Yoe always says Defense Win Championships. Malakoff scored 7 pts on the Lion Defense! But,None of that matters, what matters now is that Cameron Yoe is in the way!! LionNation is coming to town. We have waited all year and we knew from the 1st game of the year we would meet again. The time has come and these lions accept the challenge. They want to play the Best and the time has come. Thr winner of this game will most likely win the state championship. We Want it More!! Lion Nation will Not be Denied...Defense wins Championships! Right yoeman???#UnfinishedBusiness

Congrats Teague.

This Team has had More Wins and is contintuing The Greatest Season in Teague Football History.

But, be careful with what you have been wishing for...

These Cameron Yoemen are the Three Time Defending State Champion.

Cameron Yoe is the #1 Winningest 3A Football Team in the History of Texas High School Football Of All Time...

OF

ALL

TIME.

Looking Forward To The Friday Night Lights...

I've seen Teague play twice this year, and can honestly say, without the homerism inside of me, that there isn't one single position battle they win against the Yoemen. That may change Friday night, but as of now, I'd take every single Yoemen unit over Teague's, hands down, without a single doubt in my mind.