Cameron Yoemen vs Teague Lions 3AD1 Region 3 'ship game

WhosYoeDaddy

Cameron vs Teague 3AD1 Region 3  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take Region 3?

Teague is focusing on Yoe while Yoe is focusing on a 4th championship is that what ur saying?

What I'm saying is, knowing from experience where Tatum, Newton and now Teague have played their entire season for a rematch against the Yormen, it didn't work for them. I think it's because they put too much emotion into getting to the rematch that they lost the game. Teague isn't the first team the Yormen have come up against who was gunning for them all season. The Yoemen know this is a marathon and they have to play each game for what it is and not who they are playing. And if you don't see the difference, then you haven't watch your team go deep in the playoffs year in, year out. The folks from Dangerfield know what I'm talking about because they saw the same thing year in year out. As the champion, you know every team is coming hard just for you

Here's the match up I've waited to see since last November.

I believe the Lions will key in on Traion Smith and make the QB beat them.

Is that why the other teams lost? They didn't key on Traion? Wow! What were they thinking?

That being said, I haven't missed a Yoemen game in 48 years- period. I've seen a lot of. Yoe teams. If you say this years team isn't a complete team? You're mistaken. I never thought last years team would get far in the playoffs and look what they did. But I see more talent this year. Smithery an is really gaining confidence. Just like Nickerson was slow to get going. And no one has mentioned Adams and Luna on defense. Our defense hasn't been as dominant through the entire game. But when we need them? They will make that stop. And they've done it game in game out

This should be an excellent football game. I personally had Cameron #1 and Teague #2 is my pre-season poll for a reason, and now they are both squaring off in the quarterfinals.

The reason I had Teague higher than most in my pre-season poll was because of what they returned on the lines. Everyone knows it begins and ends in the trenches, and Teague has some big kids there that are experienced.

My keys to the game:

1. How well does the Cameron defensive front fair. The Lions are going to try and establish the run game early on. Containing the edges will be critical. This will probably be the top rushing attack that Cameron has seen from a 3A team.

2. On the other side of the coin, you have the Cameron passing game. It will depend on what look Teague gives the Yoemen, but I believe Cameron will need to establish a passing game down the field early on. Teague is a solid team all around, but this will be the top passing attack the Lions have seen all year.

Prediction: Cameron Yoe by 7.

You keep saying winningest program in 3a but this was 2a until the Uil moved everyone up a class last two years ago

So I don't know how that all adds up if you are saying total wins or wins in specific classification?

According to Dave Campbell-

Most wins in 3a

Yoe- 623

Brackenridge- 618

Littleton- 612

Yoe were 3a during their run in the 80's and have been a strong program before and after realignment

This should be an excellent football game. I personally had Cameron #1 and Teague #2 is my pre-season poll for a reason, and now they are both squaring off in the quarterfinals.

The reason I had Teague higher than most in my pre-season poll was because of what they returned on the lines. Everyone knows it begins and ends in the trenches, and Teague has some big kids there that are experienced.

My keys to the game:

1. How well does the Cameron defensive front fair. The Lions are going to try and establish the run game early on. Containing the edges will be critical. This will probably be the top rushing attack that Cameron has seen from a 3A team.

2. On the other side of the coin, you have the Cameron passing game. It will depend on what look Teague gives the Yoemen, but I believe Cameron will need to establish a passing game down the field early on. Teague is a solid team all around, but this will be the top passing attack the Lions have seen all year.

Prediction: Cameron Yoe by 7.

I think you're right on. I will say tho, I've watched Teague several times this year. I don't think we'll see a faster team than Grandview. Their boys were fast. Teague just doesn't have their speed. If our defense shows up from the first play (and not wait for the dramatics like they have the past two games) I think Yoe will stop them

But another close one

THS Stat CYHS Nat Avg

372.7 Rushing Yards P/G 254.7 182.3

103.7 Passing Yards P/G 183.9 118.2

476.3 Total Yards P/G 438.6 299.3

90.3 Tackles P/G 92.6 55.3

1.3 Sacks P/G 2.6 1.5

43.4 Points P/G 44.5 25.4

62 Pancake Blocks - 35

Player Stat Comparison

THS Stat CYHS

#10 Shepherd

Rushing Yards P/G #24 Smith

#10 Shepherd

Passing Yards P/G #10 Smitherman

#10 Shepherd

Total Yards P/G #24 Smith

#51 Crawford

Tackles P/G #50 Luna

#22 Busby

Sacks P/G #44 Valdez

#10 Shepherd

Points P/G #24 Smith

#56 Lafoy

Pancake Blocks Should Be A Great One

I'm just going to say this isn't the first time, or twentieth time, someone has pulled the stats out as a way to predict the winner of a playoff game. At this point in the race stats go out the window. Even tho we look good on paper, you can't see the heart. It's all about heart and who wants it more. And in the past few weeks, the Yoemen have proven don't ever doubt the the heart of a champion. They don't give up. And that frustrates an inexperienced team. The way Malokoff looked when they saw our boys wouldn't go away proved it. They just don't give up and know they can always be in a position to win no matter what

The Teague football program has the utmost respect for the Cameron Yoe program. I,personally have sat right amongst the Yoe faithful the last three years at the State Championship game rooting them on. Yes, last year Teague thought they had a chance at the gold and it was the Lions best chance ever. Cameron took that away with a 42-31 win. Then Yoe proceeded to run the table and blow all the remaining teams out. Yes, Teague thinks that should have been us and that loss has stung for a little over a year now. Coach Rhoades was quoted saying " that once Yoe got by Teague he knew they could win it all". That may not be the exact quote but it was close to that. Teague folks knew what kind of team we could have this year but people didn't believe them. They said " you all can't win without the Big Three, can't replace talent like that, etc ". We knew we had the big boys on the line back and some young skilled kids that had to come through. What we had was a QB that would prove to be one of the most dangerous QB in Class 3A.There are some folks on this forum who have had to eat some crow on doubting and predicting what the Lions have accomplished. No we don't have the rich tradition that Yoe has but Coach Osborn has taken over and put his stamp on this program. Coach is a hard nosed person and it is rubbing off on the program. Teague is 23-2 since he has taken over. The Lions have worked their butts off and put themselves in position to get their chance at Yoe once again. IMO, this matchup is pretty even and may the best team win Friday night. Whichever team wins I hope, they win it all whether it's Cameron's 4th in a row or Teague's 1st.

The Teague football program has the utmost respect for the Cameron Yoe program. I,personally have sat right amongst the Yoe faithful the last three years at the State Championship game rooting them on. Yes, last year Teague thought they had a chance at the gold and it was the Lions best chance ever. Cameron took that away with a 42-31 win. Then Yoe proceeded to run the table and blow all the remaining teams out. Yes, Teague thinks that should have been us and that loss has stung for a little over a year now. Coach Rhoades was quoted saying " that once Yoe got by Teague he knew they could win it all". That may not be the exact quote but it was close to that. Teague folks knew what kind of team we could have this year but people didn't believe them. They said " you all can't win without the Big Three, can't replace talent like that, etc ". We knew we had the big boys on the line back and some young skilled kids that had to come through. What we had was a QB that would prove to be one of the most dangerous QB in the State.There are some folks on this forum who have had to eat some crow on doubting and predicting what the Lions have accomplished. No we don't have the rich tradition that Yoe has but Coach Osborn has taken over and put his stamp on this program. Coach is a hard nosed person and it is rubbing off on the program. Teague is 23-2 since he has taken over. The Lions have worked their butts off and put themselves in position to get their chance at Yoe once again. IMO, this matchup is pretty even and may the best team win Friday night. Whichever team wins I hope, they win it all whether it's Cameron's 4th in a row or Teague's 1st.

Well said

The Teague football program has the utmost respect for the Cameron Yoe program. I,personally have sat right amongst the Yoe faithful the last three years at the State Championship game rooting them on. Yes, last year Teague thought they had a chance at the gold and it was the Lions best chance ever. Cameron took that away with a 42-31 win. Then Yoe proceeded to run the table and blow all the remaining teams out. Yes, Teague thinks that should have been us and that loss has stung for a little over a year now. Coach Rhoades was quoted saying " that once Yoe got by Teague he knew they could win it all". That may not be the exact quote but it was close to that. Teague folks knew what kind of team we could have this year but people didn't believe them. They said " you all can't win without the Big Three, can't replace talent like that, etc ". We knew we had the big boys on the line back and some young skilled kids that had to come through. What we had was a QB that would prove to be one of the most dangerous QB in Class 3A.There are some folks on this forum who have had to eat some crow on doubting and predicting what the Lions have accomplished. No we don't have the rich tradition that Yoe has but Coach Osborn has taken over and put his stamp on this program. Coach is a hard nosed person and it is rubbing off on the program. Teague is 23-2 since he has taken over. The Lions have worked their butts off and put themselves in position to get their chance at Yoe once again. IMO, this matchup is pretty even and may the best team win Friday night. Whichever team wins I hope, they win it all whether it's Cameron's 4th in a row or Teague's 1st.

this is why ur my hero

Spectacular post. However, I can't remember or imagine Rhoades saying that when he knew he still had to play Rockdale who had already beaten us that year. But great post. No doubt I'll be rooting for Teague the rest of the way if they win as well.

• Like 1

Not a monsoon but enough for the Yoemen to keep it on the ground. And anyone knows, you can't play well if you're one dimensional. That's why it was a close game. However, good weather on Friday means the Yoemen can pass to our three receivers and run it with Traion. Or smitherman can run as he's been doing more and more

Spectacular post. However, I can't remember or imagine Rhoades saying that when he knew he still had to play Rockdale who had already beaten us that year. But great post. No doubt I'll be rooting for Teague the rest of the way if they win as well.

The quote was after the season, maybe in the Waco paper or somewhere where talking about Yoes season.

1. Your QB is a running back

2. Quit acting like Osborn has Teague kids playing hard nosed. He has had a good run of kids to work with. Next year will not even be close to this year's team.

3. Are you Osborn's smoaky voice? Do you feel special being the president of the Teague QB club, aka we were horrible in high school so we're living through our sons' achievements.

4. For the record, I think Teague will win. However, Shephard is going to have to "pass" down the field.

2. Quit acting like Osborn has Teague kids playing hard nosed. He has had a good run of kids to work with. Next year will not even be close to this year's team.

3. Are you Osborn's smoaky voice? Do you feel special being the president of the Teague QB club, aka we were horrible in high school so we're living through our sons' achievements.

4. For the record, I think Teague will win. However, Shephard is going to have to "pass" down the field.

1. Our QB was a 2 yr starter at WR not a RB but he is a solid QB now for us.

2. Coach O does have a great group of kids but he is a fantastic coach. I'm so glad u said that bout next yr not having nothing cuz u stated that same thing last yr and look at us now.

3. He was good in school and he doesn't have a kid or grandkids on the team.

4. For the record please shut up and don't never ever pick us to win at nothing.

1. Our QB was a 2 yr starter at WR not a RB but he is a solid QB now for us.

2. Coach O does have a great group of kids but he is a fantastic coach. I'm so glad u said that bout next yr not having nothing cuz u stated that same thing last yr and look at us not.

3. He was good in school and he doesn't have a kid or grandkids on the team.

4. For the record please shut up and don't never ever pick us to win at nothing.

2. I never said Teague wouldn't do well this year, more like their offense wouldn't be as good, and it's not. Teague is 1-dimensional.

3. Your version of a good player and mine are totally different. His teams prolly went 1-9 or 0-10. I wish you would shut up all the time. Go Yoe Go!

2. I never said Teague wouldn't do well this year, more like their offense wouldn't be as good, and it's not. Teague is 1-dimensional.

3. Your version of a good player and mine are totally different. His teams prolly went 1-9 or 0-10. I wish you would shut up all the time. Go Yoe Go!

2. Ur a LIAR

3. Come make me shut up

Coach O knows his football and he is doing something not one other coach has been able to do at Teague since Hayes and that's get the kids to play both offense and defense.....Johnson, Finney, ect......couldn't do that so just that alone says a lot about the man as a coach. I've been to every game besides when I did my stint in the military and he finally has Teague kids hitting hard and wanting to play defense and loving contact......every coach since Hayes and before Osborn those kids (not all but most) didn't wanna hit anyone played real soft...let people push them around and it showed even with talent you have to play hard. He has those kids playing hard and with a little talent look where he has takers them.

You need to know the man who play college ball (all American) I believe he is in the hall of fame at his college he went to as a linebacker.....the man knows football and knows how to get a lot out of his kids and that's exactly what he is doing this year.....an that is exactly what he will do for years to come.....it may be tough next year or it may not be but we are still playing for atleast one more week and hopefully more but don't sit there and say he hasn't done a great job coaching when (Johnson) who had more talent did less and (Osborn) who has less talent is doing more right before your eyes.

This is one of the best defensive units since Coach O was the DC under Hayes ( player and bud can correct me if I'm wrong on that) so that right there should tell you again what type of coach he is.....either way we are playing a regional finals game for the first time in school history and that's all that matters right now.

The guy has done a great job, not denying that at all. It's just funny that ya'll are crowning him king of kings and he's not even done with 2 years of coaching. He has coached at Teague before, correct? Why weren't his teams making deep runs into the playoffs then? Maybe because he was coaching some of you guys, is that it? That would make sense. Keyboard warriors

My Parents taught me

(1) show respect to all even if their opinions are different from yours.

(2) to say yes sir and no ma'am to my elders

(3) to open doors for other people and let someone older have your seat

(4) A guilty dog usually howls first

(5) Remember Jesus loves you and so do I.

Good luck to both Yoe and Teague Friday night and may the best team win.

• Like 1

The guy has done a great job, not denying that at all. It's just funny that ya'll are crowning him king of kings and he's not even done with 2 years of coaching. He has coached at Teague before, correct? Why weren't his teams making deep runs into the playoffs then? Maybe because he was coaching some of you guys, is that it? That would make sense. Keyboard warriors

No he coached under hayes. And also when Mexia, Gbeck won state and they only took 2 teams. Teague didn't have the kids to stay with Mexia, Gbeck, Fairfield, and Crockett back in 88-94 and with your vast knowledge of Texas high school football should know this ......no one kept up with those teams for the most part lol.....again he coached under Hayes who was the HC and I'll leave it at that I'll be glad to tell you all about it friday so come sit with me or stand I usually stand the entire game.

I didn't get to play under a coach O team neither did player or bud.